Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,481 to 9,500 of 12,088

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Most of the time, those demos are for people that played the game before, which kinda sucks, because I really do wish they did have a way to ease you into its gameplay, but Man, I had to actually play MH before I liked it, the demo made it feel like a poorly made game.

Also thanks for the heads up, for tales of.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sunsy

@Snatcher Nope, IIRC, you tried the demo when it came out.

Like I said, there's a difference between playing a game, and just hating on it because it's "cool" to do. You did play it, so you're not part of that crowd. This can apply to other games I've seen too.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket Xenoblade actually only got one sequel, a weird MMO on the Wii U, and then the original. The sequel isn't even as good as the original either.

Golden Sun is an IP that's pretty much dead, just like F-Zero.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@Snatcher Arise is weird, since the demo just throws everything at you, since it puts you in the middle of the game effectively. You don't really get much of a feel for the combat, even if you've played other Tales of Games before.

Snatcher

@Snaplocket How in the world is getting into smash favoritism? it only got two character, plus it a popular series.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@VoidofLight So its one of those, Can't really try it till you buy it things, I need to give crack at that series one day.

Greatluigi

@Snatcher oh! So the demos do the complete opposite of what they’re supposed to do!
That’s kinda dumb. :/

Greatluigi

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket Golden Sun hasn't had an entry since the DS, where as Metroid had an entry on the 3DS. While there's potential for a revival, chances are Nintendo isn't going to do one. I'm not debating on if a Golden Sun remake or sequel would sell, since that wasn't my point. My point was moreso that it probably won't happen, given Nintendo ditched the series.

Xenoblade getting into smash isn't favoritism either. It has like 2 characters now, and only had one when the Wii U version of smash came out. if it was favoritism, then the game would have an X rep, a rep for Torna, and a Xenosaga rep or something, given that Sakurai put tons of Fire Emblem characters in smash as well.

As for 2, I honestly find 2 way more inferior to the original game's story and gameplay. The combat is sluggish, and the story is riddled full of dumb anime tropes. You have the perverted character who's dumb, the oblivious harem dude who beats up people with the power of friendship, a talking cat, Melia 2: Catgirl edition, sexualized swords, a Jojo character who rarely actually gets anything to do in the plot after joining the party, and Zeke. The story legit has a death scene that is supposed to be sad and depressing, but it's hard to take seriously because the thing who killed the dude is a giant robotic maid.

As opposed to 1, which had a better combat system that was faster and wasn't overly complicated, a cast of characters who aren't just a collection of tropes and feel like genuine characters, actual good voice acting and voice direction instead of the trainwreck that was 2's English dub, and a overall more interesting plot that doesn't screw itself over with "Anime funny moments".

Snatcher

@Greatluigi Pretty much, there more like test more then anything, just to let you know whats in store, and how the game will feel in a sense, Monsters in the demos are hella hard, unlike there base game counterpart.

Matt_Barber

I wouldn't say no to another Golden Sun, but it'd need a major revamp to meet modern expectations and Nintendo would have to weigh up the declining sales the series saw on the DS before giving it the green light.

Plus Camelot have remained a small studio that are pretty much making Mario Sports games full time now, so I doubt they could even find the time to make it.

Matt_Barber

iLikeUrAttitude

@Snaplocket I would hardly call xenoblade getting 2 reps favoritism. Thats just 2 characters out of 80+ characters, and Xenoblade was overdue for another rep and deserved them imo seeing how well XC2 sold and how great of a game it is. Not to mention Golden Sun hasn't been relevant for a while, the last game was on the ds and that was more than a decade ago and Nintendo so far has no incentive to revive it nor have they hinted that they will.
Also you comparing Golden Sun to xenoblade made no sense to me, they're completely different franchises and Xenoblade being successful isn't the reaon Golden Sun is dead, or Pyra in smash didn't take away Issac's slot.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Snatcher

Nice to know you all agree, 2 characters are not favoritism.

VoidofLight

@iLikeUrAttitude Yeah, it's strange that this dude's talking like Xenoblade was responsible for Golden Sun's death or something.

Pizzamorg

On the topic of MH/demos, I think one of the biggest problems with MH is how unfriendly they are to new players. I am honestly sort of amazed MH ends up having as big of an audience as it does, as while there will always be those who take pride in overcoming the unintuitive, otherwise as each game utterly drowns the player in mechanics and systems, and either provides no tutorialisation at all or very limited/hard to access tutorials, I am amazed that like 95% don't just bounce.

I remember with World I had some limited experience with some older games and a vet to the franchise walking me through and it probably still took me like 30 hours before I really started to understand what was actually going on and properly started to engage/click with the game. That is just frankly an insane investment to ask of a player and honestly had I not been playing with my friend, I would have just given up in a fraction of the time.

I do feel like Rise makes a lot of changes to make it a more friendly experience for a new players, with a better designed hub area, simplified gear systems and more modern feeling combat but then maybe I just felt that way because I was fresh off of World at the time. The thing that does make me think Rise is just generally a better new player experience is going back and playing Generations Ultimate, which as a new player, kinda reminds me of being dropped into World for the first time, with it's confusing and unnecessarily maze like hub areas, convoluted skill thresholds on gear and some very dated feeling moment to moment gameplay.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Oh ya, the older ones where just like, here weapon, here monster, kill. there is actually a really funny online comic poking fun at it.

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

@Pizzamorg Oh ya, the older ones where just like, here weapon, here monster, kill. there is actually a really funny online comic poking fun at it.

Yeah, it just drowns you in a mixture of monster hunts and quest straight out of an MMO and then doesn't tell you what quests actually progress things forwards, so you either have to look up a guide or be ready to invest A LOT of hours. And like for some people that might be fine, even a selling point perhaps, but I don't have time for that style of game any more.

Oh and trying to play that game with other players if you aren't playing with friends is kind of a nightmare, too.

You compare that to Rise, where it is so easy to jump into a game with strangers and it is structured in such a way that it is always clear what you are progressing towards and how to get there. Going through the Village quests as like a tutorial and to make your starting build, before going into the GH and playing with randos.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg I love MH but the people asking for older monster hunter to come back, some things just need to stay in the past.

Also did you know, if you want to do a story quest with friends, each and every one of you is going to have to do the quest as a leader of the party? crazy stuff.

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

@Pizzamorg I love MH but the people asking for older monster hunter to come back, some things just need to stay in the past.

Also did you know, if you want to do a story quest with friends, each and every one of you is going to have to do the quest as a leader of the party? crazy stuff.

Yeah, there were some pockets of the MH community who complained about Rise being "too easy" or "too streamlined" and other such things, but I am really glad Rise didn't listen and pushed forwards with making a more modern, more accessible, title. In a day and age where every game seems to want to be the next Dark Souls, the fact that Rise went for more fun rather than more frustration, is just kind of a miracle.

My only worry is Sunbreak will see some buckling to the older, harder, clunkier MH due to the complaints, rather than the ethos that drives Rise. However, I can only hope they stick to their guns and Sunbreak remains as fun as Rise was.

Also in GU, I will probably work my way through the Village quests and then just put that game down. It's too complicated/unintuitive to try and do multiplayer quests. And it isn't like I won't get my moneys worth, I think it took me about 15 hours just to get to three star village quests.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

VoidofLight

I wish that they didn’t get rid of the more survival elements of mh though; like warm and cold drinks, and wish that harder hunts were actually harder.

Buizel

VoidofLight wrote:

@Snatcher Two games that demos never click with me, but I like: Tales of and Monster Hunter. The demos just don't really ease you into the complex systems.

I find the opposite with Monster Hunter.

I played the Rise demo with some friends and got a bit of a kick trying out all the classes to defeat the monsters on offer.

But whenever I play a full game I get bored after a couple of hours. I'm just not keen on the core gameplay loop - it feels too grindy and repetitive to me.

As for the Xenoblade 1 vs 2 discussion: personally I put them on equal footing. I think 1 has the better story, and 2 the better gameplay. And to that I add another unpopular opinion: I don't think the XC2 battle system is too complicated at all.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic