Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,501 to 9,520 of 12,088

Pizzamorg

VoidofLight wrote:

I wish that they didn’t get rid of the more survival elements of mh though; like warm and cold drinks, and wish that harder hunts were actually harder.

Whereas I don't miss any of that at all. I am glad Rise focused on fighting the monster and basically removed everything else. For me, the fact you need to keep consuming things in GU just slows everything down and makes it unnecessarily frustrating. With World, needing to navigate those massive maps, chasing monsters around... no thank you.

Also in regards to the difficulty, I don't really agree either. Most of World's difficulty come from BS/frustrating design decisions which actively throttled the player's power. I can recognise why some may be more disappointed that we are on like a more equal footing in Rise, but I like in Rise that when I die, it is on me, my mistake. The amount of times I died in World to just complete random nonsense, which you couldn't learn or plan for or build around, I just don't miss that at all.

But I know I am kinda niche on this, I don't like survival mechanics at all. One of the worst parts of BOTW for me was locking areas of the map effectively behind elements, to me it adds nothing to the experience to need to wear a specific outfit or need to drink a specific potion or whatever every now and then.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg GU is going to be the long run, I too a break around rank 5, so if you need a break you should do it.

@VoidofLight I do miss cooling drinks, they were so easy to make anyway.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Snatcher

@Snaplocket Xenoblade came out on the wii, many people liked it, it became popular, Golden sun, people liked it, it became popular, and its last entry, was on a DS!

As much as I think it would have been cool for it to be in smash, (Assist trophy) Xenoblade was having its wii and 3ds port at the time, so not only did it make sense, but it was also one of nintendos good RPG's (Sorry if its not an RPG), and then SSBU got one character from xenoblade 2, and remember how xenoblade 2 was sell out when they were shown off?

So lets look at why Xenoblade might have this favoritism you speak off.

Xenoblade was on the wii, it got ported to the wii u and the new 3ds, so already, new console owners could play and try those games,

Its got ported to the switch, on top of getting a part 2, again, very accessible, at this point you can (Almost) get every xenoblade, the two main parts, on any nintendo console of choice, form the last three.

Wile golden sun over here, is stuck in the past, with there last game being on the DS, so to be fair, even if I wanted to play this game, I can't even if I wanted to test it, buy it, Can't!

But if they were to bring it back one day, that would be great, but saying Xenoblade gets favoritism? there not even milking it, they had 2 games, and they just ported said games to there next consoles.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket Well if Xenoblade 2 had better voice acting, explain why Rex legit can’t scream, and why Shulk’s scream manages to send chills down people’s spines to this day.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@CactusMan I mean, the script writer isn’t responsible for the voice casting or direction.

VoidofLight

@CactusMan I mean, that was still majorly from the voice director, and the scene was purposely meant to be like that. Xenoblade 2 wasn't supposed to have a protagonist that sounds like an old dude throwing out his back when he screams, neither in the script or in the voice direction, but they just had a terrible voice director that time around.

kkslider5552000

I think Xenoblade 2 (and tbh BOTW) might've had issues of the dubbed voice acting being done ASAP because the game had to come out ASAP in America as well as Japan. That combined with getting a consistent lineup early in the Switch's lifespan probably made it so doing various takes was not considered. The fact that the Warriors spinoff of BOTW had the better voice direction and Xenoblade 2 stands out from the rest of the series for its inconsistent voice acting adds to my theory.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 I just think 2 itself was incredibly rushed, hence the horrible tutorials, and the missing options that were added back as DLC. The only thing that I don't think was rushed was the story, which wasn't great until it got to the end.

kkslider5552000

What's weird is that because X was made by a different team at Monolithsoft, people assume 2 was in development since 1. I feel pretty confident in saying that's not true, or at least not in the way that they had a real full team for the majority of that time. And I can't possibly imagine even the biggest fan of 2 believing its a flawless game (unless they focus only on a few of the core parts of the game and switched to Japanese).

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 I mean, around the time 2 was made, Monolith didn't yet restructure, and were having to push members to work on BotW. They didn't have a full dev team like they did with Xenoblade 1 due to this. Now, they've been on a hiring spree since then, and I believe did internal restructuring, so that they have a help division without having to pull from their main teams.

Wewalia

@Link-Hero Yeah I agree. I really do like the voice actors for a lot of the characters like Mipha, Rivali, and Impa; Not so much for Zelda.

Wewalia

Snatcher

@Link-Hero Ok what I'm about to say here might be harsh, I cannot stand her voice! I changed to the JP dub in hyrule warriors just because of her voice! I can't stand her voice! Idk what the hell she was doing with that. I love Rivail's English VA tho.

I’m very much alive!

Matt_Barber

From what I can gather, the team who made XC2 were mostly split off from the XCX project about a year before that shipped.

That means they made the game in about three years, at least one of which was in parallel to XCX being finished off, plus they also managed to find the time to help out on Breath of the Wild and make Project X Zone 2 in the meantime.

We should probably cut them a bit of slack for it having a few rough edges here and there.

Matt_Barber

kkslider5552000

Link-Hero wrote:

BotW english dubbing is actually pretty decent

...is it?

It's usually competent, is how I'd best put it. Most of the actors did a competent enough job, most of the time, for what they were given. No more no less.

Sunsy

I don't know if this is unpopular, but it seems to be a popular trend. I really dislike how people use Twitch viewer count to determine whether an online multiplayer game is popular or dying. As far as I know, people could be just watching a game in action to see what it's like, or watching an eSports tournament, or something, they might not even be people who play said game.

To me, actual player count are those actually playing a game online.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes No, no, your wrong, games....Are a load of BS!

I’m very much alive!

jump

Link-Hero wrote:

That would be the person who voiced Zelda, Patricia Summersett. I don't know what she's attempting, but Zelda sounds like an older woman doing a bad impression of a young, timid lady that has stunted emotional development. That's the best I can explain of her acting.

Considering how inbred most royals familys are and they live in a toff world outside of the working/middle classes that actually sounds like a fitting descirption. lol

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@Sunsy Tell me about it, I just want to watch Fall Guys in peace but whenever I search it on Youtube, the first things that come up are 'What Happened to Fall Guys?' or 'Fall Guys is Dead in the Water'. I just want to enjoy the funny bean men that aren't related to the other set of funny bean men, please!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Buizel

I really liked Zelda's voice in BotW...I think the VA really captured the troubled vibe that Zelda was meant to have in that game.

Then again, I think I have a bias towards more British-sounding VA in video games (I was honestly surprised to learn that the voice actress is Canadian!). I similarly really like the voice acting in the Xenoblade games.

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic