Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,441 to 9,460 of 12,088

Ralizah

Fizza wrote:

• Mario Kart 7 has the most interesting and innovative track design in the entire series.
  • The original Legend of Zelda is a convoluted mess of a game that I just absolutely despise.

And finally:

• Super Mario World is very good, but not very fun at all (to me).

We're gonna get along just fine, you and I.

MK7 is also one of the best showcases for the transformation effect of the system's stereoscopic 3D capabilities.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

HotGoomba

Fizza wrote:

• Mario Kart 7 has the most interesting and innovative track design in the entire series.

Yeah, too bad everyone forgot about it because nearly everything good about MK7, and the kart selection, is now in MK8.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Snatcher

HotGoomba wrote:

Fizza wrote:

Yeah, too bad everyone forgot about it because nearly everything good about MK7, and the kart selection, is now in MK8.

This

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

Marvels avengers is a game that deserves the critics it gets, but gets over hated a little bit, The game itself has a lot of issues, but under that is a game that just might be worth your time! its a 7/10 for me!

Its just needs fixing, and lets hope it can get that.

(I originally wrote down a fat page about my thoughts, but then just decided to write a shorter version)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Fizza

@Snatcher Haven't played the one by Square Enix, but I remember playing Lego Marvel Avengers back in 2016 on my old PS3 (rest in pepperonis) and absolutely loving it. Yeah, it sticks very tightly to the plot of the recent movies at the time and it absolutely has some less than desirable glitches (the game crashes when you try to go to Asgard. OK.) but man it is so fun. It also looks really nice as well thanks to more highly detailed characters, environments and soooooo much better lighting than it's predecesor Super Heroes. You should definitely still play SH first since it is the better game, I'm not going to argue against that, but, if you like it, then I would highly recommend Avengers as well. I believe it's only available on PC and Xbox in terms of modern platforms but I would still give it a try personally if you have those.

(I originally put this under your post in the Chit-Chat thread but thought it fit better here, seeing it afterwards and everything)

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Fizza I'm sure lego Avengers is waaay better then lego Marvel super heroes two, ya I didn't like super heroes 2.

Fizza

@Snatcher Sorry, I was talking about the original. I actually haven't played SH2 because apparently it's very buggy on Switch.

jump

@Fizza It's not that buggy, it froze once or twice but I put LOADS of time into that one to 100% it plus the DLC. It ran better than most of the other Lego games I played.

I can't comment on if Lego Avengers is better than SH1 or 2 as I skipped Avengers as it looked meh to me in comparison to the other two to be honest.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@jump Well that's a relief, I hope they do what they did on Xbox (I believe it was Xbox?) and put all three on Switch in a collection. 1+2 are already there, put them alongside Avengers in a digital (or hopefully physical) collection and badda bing badda boom.

Snatcher

@jump What is your opinion on 2? I felt like they just threw in a punch of characters to make up for the X men, I also didn't like the world to much, but maybe I didn't give it a chance.

Idk if you can really critic for bugs, as lego games are known for that, I have yet to play one lego game that straight up didn't make me have to start a whole section over.

jump

@Snatcher I missed the X-Men but I liked it's deep cuts roster better with a drum playing Spider Gwen being one of my favourites. Game word wise, the fist one is more fleshed out as feels like a city but there's more interesting parts to the second so I wouldn't say one is better than the other.

I found the controls (especially when flying), customizer and the actions tighter but at the end of the day it's still a Lego game so it's mostly more of the same either way.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

WoomyNNYes

Kirby's character design, in this day & age, a bubble with two smaller bubbles for arms, looks like such a lazy, boring design. It looks awful to me. I respect that Kirby's design origin looks like japanese/cute, and it's it's birth was from an era when consoles had more limited power but, I just can't anything with kirby. Forgotten Land's world looks so great, makes me wish it was Mario, or any character that has a more appealing design.

Forgive me, anyone that likes kirby.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes I think the simple design works well with his ability of sucking up baddies and taking their power and then having their hat, sword or whatever. If he was a more elaborate design then every time he has a power up it could get too rubbish looking like when people make a rubbish avatar by adding too much to it.

My preference would be a more mutated Cronenberg-esque body horror look when he has sucked people up though, so he’s a pink blob who has a skull, limbs and organs of the baddies dangling from him with blood and other bodily fluids dripping as he walks but hey-ho, Nintendo doesn’t care what I think.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes I think that was always the point of the design, Even the first kirby game kind jokes about it with the tutorial on how to draw him. But your opinion I understand.

@jump Sorry I'm replying to your Lego marvel super hero's post so late, I didn't see it till now.

I agree with that, wile no Xman characters was a big punch to the gut, I kinda maybe, feel like the other characters more then make up for it, I just felt like they were trying waay to hard with the roster, Totally beats them trying to go for a more MCU roster so can I really complain?

jump

@Snatcher I wouldn't say make up for, it's just me being more excited for these deep cut characters who I'd think I'd never see beyond the comics (like when the MCU started and folk thought Iron Man or Guardians Of The Galaxy were too obscure to have a movie lol) and then I happen to forget about the X-Men. X-Men has been the most dominant selling comic for the last 30 years so Wolverine, Magneto and others are sorely missed but as a comic fan telling me that a bunch of deep cuts who I'd never think I'd see distracts me from it.

But that's just me, I'm sure folk would prefer the likes of Storm or Beast over Lockjaw and Throg.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump No I agree with you! A lot of those characters are not characters I thought I would see anywhere else, Throg was indeed a surprise. So as much as I miss the X-men, If I had the choice, I wouldn't give anyone up in this game for one of them.

kkslider5552000

I'm not the biggest fan of how a lot of Final Fantasy games look. The SNES sprites feel blocky and awkward compared to the other notable JRPGs from that era, the PS1 games are super dated (in a charming way enough of the time, to be fair), and then when they had the chance to look good on PS2 (and objectively X and XII look great, obviously) the characters designs (and sometimes characters period) started to become really embarrassing and stupid. Just regularly enough issues that I don't often get from comparable games those eras.

The punchline is Final Fantasy XIII looks great. Shame about the rest of the game, but from what I remember, love how most of it looks.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kayvoo

@WoomyNNYes
The devs made Kirby look like that as a placeholder but grew attached to him so left him like that He was probably designed in literally one minute.

My Heroes:
Frank Zappa
Bill Hicks
Satoru Iwata

Nintendo Network ID: Kayvoo

TommyTendo

I don't know why you all hating on Kirby.
Simplicity is often better and more memorable than a complex design.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic