Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,121 to 9,140 of 12,088

Anti-Matter

@Pizzamorg
I have multiple of different consoles since every machines have my signature games.

PS1 = DDR + Quirky Japanese games
PS2 Japan = BEMANI games
PS2 USA = DDR + 3D platformer games
PS3 = Western Cartoonish games
PS4 = House Builder games

Gamecube = Third party mania
Wii = Casual games mania
Wii U = First party mania
Switch = Mixture of PS4 & Wii games

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi

I wish games like warframe let you reset your progress. Just so you could have another run through.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

HotGoomba

Super Mario Party is underrated and the five boards isn't as big of a deal as the internet makes it out to be.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Anti-Matter

Eurobeat, Euro Dance and Euro Trance are my favorite music genre in Rhythm games.

Anti-Matter

fragranthills

Emulation is a net positive to the medium of video games as a whole.

Between its benefits for preservation (corporations will only throw money and effort towards what they perceive as profitable), the number of notable developers that got their start as modders and hackers in the emulation space, and the number of disadvantaged people who are exposed to great games that otherwise wouldn't have access to them (and hey, maybe that influence will some day lead them to a passion that contributes greatly to the medium), any perceived drawbacks are greatly outweighed by the good that emulation brings.

I will happily pay for any game that I can to support the developers, but emulation is important. It's not going away, and everyone should get comfortable with that.

fragranthills

Switch Friend Code: SW-7408-9272-3608

DannyBoi

I think the switch is overrated. Sure, you can play games like the Witcher 3 or Wolfenstein 2 on the go, but the appeal of that and the novelty has worn off. It was cool and fresh a few years ago, but its become normal now. And with the fact that game streaming is becoming more and more mainstream, and you can play graphic intensive games on multiple devices through streaming, it puts things into perspective. If you enjoy your switch, cool and more power to you. But put things into perspective and don't get caught up in the hype of a few years ago.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
We can stop streaming games become a trend.
We will fight against it.
We can do it.

Anti-Matter

Pizzamorg

Pokester99 wrote:

Nintendo-only fanboys suffer from stockholm syndrome

There does seem to be a sort of toxic trend where someone will insulate themselves to just one brand, then defend that brand to the death - like a billion dollar company even cares you exist lol, you don't need to fight their battles for them, they have million dollar lawyers on retainer for that - and refuse to face any criticism those brands receive. Even fairly mild, passing, comments can receive immense backlash and Olympic level mental gymnastics to try and justify something or make it seem not so bad.

Now I get it, not everyone is in the position where they can own all of the home consoles and a PC and whatever else. That isn't the problem here though, it is the aggressive, toxic, territorialism of the cults that decide to define their entire personality around a brand.

I guess you might expect it to a degree on here because it is a Nintendo centric forum - but there is still some intense copium on here all the same, holy *****. But even out in the wild, people are so damn territorial over what box they play games on. Maybe you can forgive kids to an extent, because for a lot of kids, their worlds are small. But when you're a grown ass man/woman, and life has given you a few lickings already, it is just sad to see these people still going NOTICE ME SENPAI at Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo whoever. Like you know better, so you should be better.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

VoidofLight

@DannyBoi The thing with game streaming is that it's hardly a good display of "Gaming on the go", as you have to constantly be connected to the internet in order to use it. With the Switch for the most part, you can take it anywhere and still play the games, (except the cloud versions), and not have to worry about internet connections. It's truly on the go, and not something that requires you to hook up to the Mcdonalds wi-fi to use it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Sunsy

As unpopular as it may be, I wish cloud gaming would complement traditional gaming. Not being a replacement. For example, buy a game digitally and choose to stream or install it/use a disc/cart. Would actually be useful in PC gaming, buy a game on Steam, then choose to install it, or stream it. It could actually benefit those who want to play a new game, but can't upgrade their PCs right away.

Too bad some companies are greedy given some pulled games from NVidea GeForce Now (a service that let's you stream PC games you already bought and own IIRC).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Pizzamorg

VoidofLight wrote:

@DannyBoi The thing with game streaming is that it's hardly a good display of "Gaming on the go", as you have to constantly be connected to the internet in order to use it. With the Switch for the most part, you can take it anywhere and still play the games, (except the cloud versions), and not have to worry about internet connections. It's truly on the go, and not something that requires you to hook up to the Mcdonalds wi-fi to use it.

It is funny, as I always disliked cloud versions because the tech for streaming games just isn't there yet, I'd never really thought about any other angle. But now you've said it... like yeah, you are right. Cloud gaming on the Switch is such a counter intuitive idea. Especially as right now, internet infrastructure even at home isn't always great in many places around the world, public services are either worse or non-existant.

The Switch justifies it's weaker hardware by being a hybrid between a handheld and a home console, but that kinda goes out of the window when you're getting streamed, versions of games that anchor you in place. Bad enough the cloud versions are inherently *****, but the fact they contradict the entire console too. Wild.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

Sunsy wrote:

As unpopular as it may be, I wish cloud gaming would complement traditional gaming. Not being a replacement. For example, buy a game digitally and choose to stream or install it/use a disc/cart. Would actually be useful in PC gaming, buy a game on Steam, then choose to install it, or stream it. It could actually benefit those who want to play a new game, but can't upgrade their PCs right away.

Too bad some companies are greedy given some pulled games from NVidea GeForce Now (a service that let's you stream PC games you already bought and own IIRC).

This ☝

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@YusseiWarrior3000 Years back when it first came out I would have said your crazy, but now, Its turned into a good game! I did feel like I wasted money back then tho.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

@Sunsy I agree. Game streaming shouldn't be a replacement, but rather a compliment to the other means of gaming. It can do some good, but it shouldn't ever outright replace ownership of physical or digital copies.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@YusseiWarrior3000 Oh but online was always fun for me, (But screw the Hisoka players LOL JK)

Edited on by Snatcher

Snatcher

@YusseiWarrior3000 I raged quit to them a few time, Mix that and sasuke and you got a toxic team, People never used him but gon was OP in my opinion, If you were going to use any ultimate you should have used gon, thats what I think at least.

Snatcher

@YusseiWarrior3000 I haven't been online for a good wile and only have the first wave of dlc, but Seeing the game play, My god, oh and the jojo Reset? There all busted LOL.

Nice to see some won that actually Enjoyed the game.

HotGoomba

Pokester99 wrote:

@Pizzamorg THANK YOU! Your words are so true they should literally be something you have to read and click "I agree" on before visiting/joining gaming websites that revolve around any one major gaming company.

That's the nicest insult I've ever heard.

HotGoomba

@Pokester99 well it kinda sounds like something not nice, but in a polite, British or Canadian way.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic