Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 4,401 to 4,420 of 12,088

Whydoievenbother

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (PS2, 2005) Is easily my favorite multiplayer shooter.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

@MrMario02: I still play that with my roommate on PC. It is freaking awesome. lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Hyrule Warriors Legends is far superior to the Wii U version

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Rumorlife

@CreamyDream: Did you mean all of them or just a specific one? I've only played the GBC one before on my 3DS, it's an unusual game for sure, a bit tough to navigate for me, and I agree, backtracking is annoying and confuses me. Sometimes I can't tell if you're suppose to backtrack or try and push forward if possible. I like the character and the art design, and the GBC game is okay, but I agree, the hype is so high for it being meh to me.

Rumorlife

DefHalan

@Dankykong: With Pirate's Curse and Risky's Revenge coming to consoles, and Half-Genie Hero being in the works, I am hoping that the original gets remade at some point. That one does need the most upgrades compared to the others lol.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

I didn't really care for the original either. It bored me

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Whydoievenbother

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@MrMario02

I find your lack of unpopular...ness in your opinion disturbing.

And it was also on XBOX and PC (with the PC version being the best)

1. I was referring to the version I played.
2. Is it not that unpopular? 'Cause usually when the discussion of "Best Multiplayer Shooters" is brought up, most people usually bring up games like TF2, Call of Duty 4, Quake II, Goldeneye 007, etc. but I never see Star Wars: Battlefront II mentioned.

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Rumorlife

CreamyDream wrote:

@Dankykong: My b, I meant the original GBC Shantae.

It's the only one I played.

Even though people think it's the worst in the series, i still hear a lot if people rave about how it's a gem and the best GBC game.

There are at least a handful of GBC games that are a LOT better- The Wario Land games, Pokemon GSC, Bionic Commando Elite Forces, and the LoZ Oracle games are just some i can name off the top of my head

Omg I also hear it's the crown jewel of the GBC, and while I can sorta understand that on the art style being highly regarded, but the gameplay didn't feel like anything special, slow and confused. I definitely think of LoZ Oracles before this as a crown jewel. Wario Land II even.

I probably could try a newer one, whatever that one is I ignore on the WiiU actually kind of looks good, but it actually reminds me of Wario Land art, especially Shake It artwork, and I'm like Zzz.... but really, if there's a demo I'd give it a shot. I haven't looked.

Rumorlife

kkslider5552000

My opinion of Shantae is despite a number of really good things about it is "hey, this is a Castlevania 2-like game with a worse weapon."

The fact that people love it is baffling to me for that alone

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

Some of my unpopular opinions

1. Reviewers don't know how to review games anymore (except some who btw are the real ones)
2. SEGA might as well give up the western market and just forget bringing back their fans and getting back to their glory days.
3. Gaming is the best hobby ever. Its affordable, you get to choose what type of stuff you're into and best of all, nowhere as strict as reality.
4. Nintendo is the king of gaming, nuff said.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

Socar wrote:

3. Gaming is the best hobby ever. Its affordable, you get to choose what type of stuff you're into and best of all, nowhere as strict as reality.

It's strange you chose affordable as a selling point as you often complain you can't afford consoles and games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Whydoievenbother

@Socar My personal thoughts:
1. NintendoLife knows how to, but aside from them, most critics NEVER knew how to review games.
2. I don't agree or disagree, seeing as I haven't been paying much attention to SEGA.
3. Affordable? I don't know how it is where you live, but not even Nintendo's systems are affordable.
4. Not too unpopular, actually. I'd actually disagree in some respects (Cough Amiibo Stock Cough Too much nostalgia Cough )

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

It's strange you chose affordable as a selling point as you often complain you can't afford consoles and games.

When did I ever say that I can't afford consoles?

LzWinky

Socar wrote:

1. Reviewers don't know how to review games anymore (except some who btw are the real ones)
2. SEGA might as well give up the western market and just forget bringing back their fans and getting back to their glory days.
4. Nintendo is the king of gaming, nuff said.

1. Er, explain? Many reviews I read are about the same
2. Or just stop clinging to Sonic so much
3. Most hobbies are affordable.
4. Well that goes without saying

Socar

@arronishere: I can afford one. My damn parents are the ones that are stopping me from getting one.

And its too late now seeing that the NX is coming.

@TingLz: 1. Reviewers are assigned to do a proper review of the game, not to get paid to give it high scores like Battlefront and Evolve.
2. Or just let Nintendo or some other dev get Sonic who can treat him better that what SEGA will ever do.
3.Name me some because I just yelled at my mom that she wanted me to try out other hobbies and then now all of a sudden, she says that its too expensive to try out things like Tennis, Bowling, Pool etc.
4.Then why people still complain about Nintendo not getting third party games when those third parties can't even compete to the likes of even Mario and Pokemon?

jump

Socar wrote:

@arronishere: I can afford one. My damn parents are the ones that are stopping me from getting one.

And its too late now seeing that the NX is coming.

From 2014 an entire thread talking about how you can't afford a Wii U... https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/am_i_too_late_to_get...

In anycase there's loads of hobbies that are far more affordable like wrting, jogging, charity work etc.

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Of course Nintendo is a King. It can move in any direction... but, only one square at a time. =P

upvote.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Freeon-Leon

@Socar: Football (soccer) is a very affordable hobbie. Gaming is not, at least not in Mexico. Here, (if you earn the minimum wage) you'd need to work ~17 days, 8 hours a day in order to buy a retail game at MSRP.

Oh yeah, and that's 17 days without food or... Anything.

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Socar

^But I didn't like that hobby and I got sick of it. Had so many injuries, got balls punctured several times and I just couldn't be peaceful. Overall, I stopped.

The only hobbies I could possibly get is playing a musical instrument but even that's a problem because I need to get the right one to make the most out of it. This Hohner Tremolo Harmonica I got doesn't play right, reeds are half broken and I just got swindled in the end.

So yeah, Imo, gaming makes me happy.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic