Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 12,088

LzWinky

To be fair, Sonic was never good imo

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

sub12

Sonic 1 and 2 on the Genesis were gems for sure, 2 specifically was just as good as Super Mario World (albeit with a different feel), a 2D platforming classic......3 and Sonic and Knuckles were solid as well, lots of good ideas, but the stage design started to become overly large and complex, to the detriment of the overall flow of the game.

sub12

eaglebob345

I like Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, and I hope for a much better sequel to come out that fixes the mistakes (bugs and glitches, framerate issues, lack of dashing, etc.). I know it is a super unpopular opinion (judging by the internet's reactions), but the game isn't bad. Some people won't even try it, even though BRB and Sega said long befoe that it was NOT a traditional Sonic game and that it was NOT all about speed, but exploration. Knowing it was made by some of the people that made Crash Bandicoot as well as Jak and Daxter should have hinted at how the game would turn out. It does have bugs and glitches and seems that Sega rushed it for the release of the TV show, but it is by no means a bad game. Also, I like the cheesy jokes, they are kinda funny. Some people don't think the word play jokes are funny, because they just don't understand them.

eaglebob345

eaglebob345

@BearClaus It is glitchy and evidently rushed, but most of the marks down for repetitive combat shouldn't even exist when games like AC and the Batman Arkham series have repetitive gameplay. Really the only difference between this game's combat system and the other two is that you actually have to move the camera and the characters to fight. They don't just have godly leaps, counters, and QTE to save they lives (although, Sonic's aerial spin dash is a homing attack). I have also seen quite a few speed complaints, which means that they didn't listen to a word BRB or Sega said about the game. Top it off with the fact that most user reviews (not counting Youtube reviews, as I have not watched any yet) I have seen are from people who don't even own the game. Sure the game needs a little polish, but the 2-4/10 scores the game is getting is way too low. 5-6/10 would be better especially since it sounds to be more stable than AC: Unity, which averages 7-9/10 in scores. I know many people complain about the graphics too, but they serve their purpose (and it is a kids game, no kid cares that much about graphics). I think the main reason for 2-4/10 reviews is because Sega didn't give out free games to the press, so they had to shell out $50 to get it. As you said, though, it is glitchy and rushed, but it is by no means a bad game. It just wasn't what people wanted it to be (so they took their anger out on it with reviews).

eaglebob345

BearHunger

Okay, I deleted my post, but I guess now I should put it back. I think I said something like:

eaglebob345 wrote:

Knowing it was made by some of the people that made Crash Bandicoot as well as Jak and Daxter should have hinted at how the game would turn out.

Knowing that, I would have expected it to turn out great.

I haven't played the game, but it looks more like Crash Twinsanity than like the disaster some people make it out to be. Glitchy and rushed, but not altogether bad. I repeat, though, I haven't played the game.

Sorry about that.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

LzWinky

Yellowtails wrote:

EVERYTHING is overrated! -_- That's the gist I'm getting from this thread.

I doubt anyone likes everything

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

iKhan

Pichu is my 2nd favorite character to play as in Super Smash Bros. Melee. I prefer Pichu's fast speed, short lag, and increased power over Pikachu, and I kind of wish they would bring something like that back.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

BearHunger

@iKhan Pichu will in all likelihood be in Super Smash Bros. 5. The precedent has been set.

Wolf should really come back in the next game. All his non-special moves were different from Fox's and he had a totally unique feel.

BearHunger

jedisquidward

Lego City Undercover is a hidden gem and easily one of my favorite games of all time, but it isn't taken seriously because of it's premise.

"The pain goes away, but your work always remains."

Masahiro Sakurai

iKhan

jedisquidward wrote:

Lego City Undercover is a hidden gem and easily one of my favorite games of all time, but it isn't taken seriously because of it's premise.

I had dismissed the whole Lego media craze as a fad until I saw the Lego movie. To me they just weren't all that special, and the idea of playing as a ugly blocky character didn't seem that special. The Lego movie showed me why I was wrong.

Now I'm seriously considering more games in the series.

BearClaus wrote:

@iKhan Pichu will in all likelihood be in Super Smash Bros. 5. The precedent has been set.

Wolf should really come back in the next game. All his non-special moves were different from Fox's and he had a totally unique feel.

I hope so, but I doubt it. Pichu was intended to be a joke character, and really, it only really deserved it's spot because of the anime. But I would like to see them give Pichu's moveset to Dedenne or something.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LzWinky

BearClaus wrote:

Just like Dr. Mario

CaviarMeths

jedisquidward wrote:

It's one of the best selling and best reviewed games on the Wii U.

This thread is for unpopular opinions.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

BearHunger

@WaLzgi Yeah, he can jump slightly lower and hit slightly harder, he has Luigi's down aerial attack, and his forward smash deals electric damage instead of fire damage.

They should've added Dr. Luigi instead, I mean he's a thing now. jk

Edited on by BearHunger

BearHunger

shaneoh

iKhan wrote:

jedisquidward wrote:

I had dismissed the whole Lego media craze as a fad until I saw the Lego movie. To me they just weren't all that special, and the idea of playing as a ugly blocky character didn't seem that special. The Lego movie showed me why I was wrong.

Now I'm seriously considering more games in the series.

LEGO Batman is a good place to start

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Oragami

SkywardLink98 wrote:

I liked Sonic and the Black Knight.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Haywired

The video game industry was just as obsessed with graphics and power in the "good old days" as it is now and the opinion that "nowadays it's all about graphics when it used to be all about gameplay" is rose-tinted nonsense. Hell, Nintendo even sold the NES with the slogan "Now You're Playing With Power". The SNES/Genesis war was fiercely focused on graphics and power. Nintendo and SEGA used to call out each other's specs in their own advertising, I haven't seen many PS4, XboxOne ads doing that. Also, look on the back of the box of any SNES game, I almost guarantee they'll be something along the lines of "Stunning 16-bit graphics only possible with the power of the Super NES!" or something like that. You don't see that much nowadays.

Haywired

LzWinky

At least they had something to brag about back then. Nowadays companies brag about how detailed they can make dirt (actually true in an Apple conference)

spizzamarozzi

Haywired wrote:

The video game industry was just as obsessed with graphics and power in the "good old days" as it is now and the opinion that "nowadays it's all about graphics when it used to be all about gameplay" is rose-tinted nonsense. Hell, Nintendo even sold the NES with the slogan "Now You're Playing With Power". The SNES/Genesis war was fiercely focused on graphics and power. Nintendo and SEGA used to call out each other's specs in their own advertising, I haven't seen many PS4, XboxOne ads doing that. Also, look on the back of the box of any SNES game, I almost guarantee they'll be something along the lines of "Stunning 16-bit graphics only possible with the power of the Super NES!" or something like that. You don't see that much nowadays.

Yeah but seriously - back in the day power was a selling point but everybody was talking about a generic concept of "power" without knowing and caring too much. You had BITS and people would refer to them as magical ingredients that would make the games somehow look better but that was it. Nowdays you have HD, 1080p, 60 fps, GPUs etc etc and people freak out if their game doesn't match those specs. I mean, people complain for the Hz of their VC games - a good point but fifteen years ago nobody wouldn't have cared much.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic