Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 10,761 to 10,780 of 10,802

Anti-Matter

@StarPoint
I never like soccer, both in real life and video games.
If someone give me a soccer ball or something related with soccer, I will straightly throw to trash bin. I keep my bold statement, soccer is lame and will be always lame.
I don't care with Uber popularity out there, I pretend soccer doesn't even exist.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

blindsquarel

@Xyphon22
I can certainly see why you wouldn’t. I didn’t care for video game music until I was introduced to the Zelda series. It’s probably not as unpopular as not caring for normal music.......yeah that’s the camp I am in.

blindsquarel

StarPoint

@Anti-Matter I absolutely agree with you, I have zero interest in soccer. I think it's very overrated and quite boring to watch. But that's just my take on it

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Cuphead (PC)
Dead Cells (PC)

Matt_Barber

StarPoint wrote:

@Anti-Matter I'm pretty sure that's a very popular opinion. I mean, just look at the general consensus of every FIFA game.

Yeah, and FIFA is like heaven on Earth compared to eFootball.

I quite enjoyed Football, Tactics and Glory though, but that's a very different style of game.

Matt_Barber

Kermit1

@Sunsy @blindsquarel I thankfully do not have the $50 expansion pass. Not yet anyway....

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

#TeamSlime

kkslider5552000

Kermit1 wrote:

I really like NSO!

I genuinely prefer NSO over VC at this point (though ideally both should exist tbh) and think its the only streaming service I pay attention to where, thanks to exploiting the family plan, the price makes sense for my habits. Which is why its the only streaming service I currently pay for, because I do not heavily focus on any one streaming platform for entertainment. I paid more per month for HBO Max then I have for a year of NSO Expansion Pass.

But its still a service that started as random NES games to distract from Nintendo forcing you to pay to play the online that had not (and only recently has there even been attempts to have) improved from their previous efforts on past systems. And then despite a big SNES update, quickly ran out of games anyone cares about because most of the notable 3rd party games are not going on the service. And then rushed out a poorly marketed Expansion Pass which seemed specifically designed to make the entire thing look like a joke, and only after news of actually putting more money into NSO are game updates remotely frequent again and issues able to be fixed in a timely manner.

I like it, but I'm not gonna pretend Nintendo hasn't spent years embarrassing itself with it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Kermit1

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Kermit1 wrote:

I really like NSO!

I genuinely prefer NSO over VC at this point (though ideally both should exist tbh) and think its the only streaming service I pay attention to where, thanks to exploiting the family plan, the price makes sense for my habits. Which is why its the only streaming service I currently pay for, because I do not heavily focus on any one streaming platform for entertainment. I paid more per month for HBO Max then I have for a year of NSO Expansion Pass.

But its still a service that started as random NES games to distract from Nintendo forcing you to pay to play the online that had not (and only recently has there even been attempts to have) improved from their previous efforts on past systems. And then despite a big SNES update, quickly ran out of games anyone cares about because most of the notable 3rd party games are not going on the service. And then rushed out a poorly marketed Expansion Pass which seemed specifically designed to make the entire thing look like a joke, and only after news of actually putting more money into NSO are game updates remotely frequent again and issues able to be fixed in a timely manner.

I like it, but I'm not gonna pretend Nintendo hasn't spent years embarrassing itself with it.

I 100% agree with you on that, and the recent SNES update I thought with Kirby secret stuff was really cool, and NES pinball!!

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

#TeamSlime

Royalblues

The release of the Switch and their policy of 30 games per week gave indie developers permission to release mediocre games in droves on all platforms. Thanks, Ninty.

Royalblues

russell-marlow

@blindsquarel Yes, BoTW was created with the Wii U's hardware limitations. I'm not sure what style they were going for since they tried the whole mashing of both styles of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker to make Skyward Sword, that's my impression just based on how it looks since it was supposed to have a water color painting aesthetic.

But yeah, BoTW has this wet "slimy" to look to it that doesn't look very good because the characters are sort of realistically proportioned and sort of anime/cartoonish in design, but it too me just looks weird at a glance.

We can only imagine what an original Zelda game using the Switch's full specs could've looked like without any downgrades in performance and graphics. Maybe something along the lines of how detailed Mario Odyssey looks.

russell-marlow

blindsquarel

@russell-marlow
I agree, I wish Nintendo would just pick an art style. Either go realistic like Twilight Princess or fully embrace the more cartoony look like they did in wind waker.

blindsquarel

Snatcher

I actually like what I have seen for sonic frontiers, he’s it’s really strange, but the guy said that he wanted to take sonic in a new direction, and change the age gap, maybe that’s why they went with the odd realistic art style.

But too me it looks no different then 06, and I would play that, I just hope they know that everyone does want the colorful levels and world. Though leaks look different, as stage’s appear to be waay more cooler full Did the gameplay we see not look polished? Yes, did the the enemy’s look like bullet sponges? Yes, Yes and yes.

And as a sonic fan, I’m sick of all the rushed products, I’m tired of the sucky games, but Even if this game fails, it not like I won’t have a sonic game, I will have origins.

But to tell you the truth, I think even if the game turns out ok, People won’t accept it, and that’s why it will fail, unleashed only started getting love recently, nothing changed about the gameplay, everyone seem to hate the werewolf concept, and forgot literally everything else’s, I even think the combat is fun, the boost gameplay is the best that I have seen in a sonic game, and the music is glorious.

So, I’m going to give it a chance, it looks rough, it really does, But with recent leaked, I have more hope.

Sorry for the ranting a little bit lol

(Also don’t know why it’s called open zone, even tho it’s clearly open world, but I will have to wait too see)

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I have dropped Sonic Generations PS3 (stopped playing) as I felt Sonic games are never made for me. I still suck at platforming with very high speed and very quick response from traditional Sonic games, unless I can pass the stage without triggering sonic speed and quick trigger to move.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Yeah, sounds like it just wasn’t for you, one of sonics mains things is speed.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Sunsy

@Snatcher Haven't seen anything on Frontiers, but I am looking forward to it. At this point, I just think it's "cool" to hate Sonic. Thinking about it, every Sonic game I've played, I still enjoyed, even stuff like Sonic Boom and the GBA port of Sonic 1. Yeah, they have their problems, but I feel like I would be lying if I said "I didn't like them" because I still enjoyed them.

I'm curious to see how the new direction works out.

Sunsy

Snatcher

@Sunsy I think it will turn out just fine tbh, there’s already people talking about the demo they played, and saying how it actually doesn’t feel stiff at all.

ChameleonBros

-The official mini consoles (NES/SNES Classic and SEGA Genesis mini) are my favorite ways to play retro games, for the systems that have them.

-The original model DS was overall much better to play games than the DS Lite because of the former's clicky buttons and d-pad.

-Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is more fun than the sum of its flaws, and is one of the best and most replayable games on GameCube.

Edited on by ChameleonBros

Switch FC:
*Please ask me/inform me if you plan to add my Switch FC, because I delete random requests that I do not recognize. Thanks!
SW-2251-7555-8810

Discord:

Quail-Man^_#3607

PikaPhantom

I honestly don't get why Mario is considered the king of platformers. Aside from 3 and World, which serve as early examples of great 2D platformers, 64, which was a revolutionary game, and Odyssey, which is incredibly polished and feels great to simply move around in, I think every other mainline game has noteworthy faults. Most are still great games (though a few haven't aged gracefully, like Super Mario Land), but I often find myself preferring other platformers, and I don't exactly think it's always a matter of my personal taste. Sunshine is one of the least polished games Nintendo has ever released and has its fair share of tedium, the Galaxy games simply don't feel very fun to control (a more limited moveset and the way gravity feels lead to this for me), the New Super Mario Bros. games are all simple and samey and 3D Land feels a lot like a 3D version of one, and 3D World lacks interesting environments despite its compelling themes and the 8-directional movement drags the game down somewhat. Kirby and the Forgotten Land really gave me some food for thought on this - it hits all the high notes of 3D World, but I think it feels better to actually play and experience because it's more grounded. And when I've enjoyed games in series like Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Ori (technically a Metroidvania but the design philosophy behind the games is to combine that structure with a heavier focus on platforming), and even, of all franchises, Sonic, as well as titles like Celeste and Yoshi's Woolly World more, and know that popular opinion also favors these games in many cases (and I still have some other platformers I need to sink my teeth into, like A Hat in Time, Mega Man 11, and Rayman Legends)...I kind of just don't get why Mario is touted as the cream of the crop of platformers, whereas I understand that perspective for something like Mario Kart when it comes to kart racers or even racing games as a whole. They're definitely good, and some are indeed among the best in the genre, but they generally have flaws compared to each other and compared to other platformers. Again, I think some of it boils down to my own personal tastes, but I'd take a Tropical Freeze, a Planet Robobot or Forgotten Land, or a Blind Forest any day over most Mario games.

PikaPhantom

PikaPhantom

@Greatluigi That's fair and all, but that shouldn't be a metric by which every game in the series should be judged. Just because Super Mario Bros. helped save the industry doesn't mean every subsequent game must be revered. I just think it's laughable seeing more critical acclaim for New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Super Mario 3D Land than some of the other games I mentioned, and some games (like Sunshine or even Odyssey) are divisive.

PikaPhantom

dmcc0

@PikaPhantom As a series Mario platformers have also been incredibly consistent. Granted they might not always be the best - although that's pretty subjective - but there hasn't really been a bad Mario game.

That's quite an achievement given the sheer number of games they've released. There's probably only Sonic that has anywhere near the amount of games that Mario does, and the quality of Sonic games since they went 3D hasn't been that great.

dmcc0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic