Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 10,741 to 10,760 of 12,088

moomin

Maybe an interactive gaming museum is niche but I'd argue they could survive in a major population center/tourism hotspot like Tokyo or NYC or such. A sort of mecca for hardcore gaming dweebs (I use that term endearingly) as well as tourists who are just in it for the novelty. Those who are interested can play the games, and those who aren't can just check out the cool exhibits.

And I agree that a gaming library probably wouldn't be logistically viable; I was just pointing out that the local library here has a surprising variety.

Edited on by moomin

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

Snatcher

@Fizza Pretty much how I feel. I was emulating banjo and kazooie, but then learned they had it on Xbox, and Microsoft store, meaning I could buy those games on a pc if I wanted to, so I stop emulating it, Mario 64 in on there service now, so ai stop emulating it. Me, you, and a lot of people just emulating if there is no other way to play it, if there is no option other then dropping cash for a old overprice console and game.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Fizza

@Snatcher There's an odd thing in regards to companies' official services when it comes to retro emulation for me where, even though I'm fully aware there are probably much better alternatives, I still really like them. This is probably being heavily carried by being able to play such games on the go in regards to the Switch retro collection (Mega Drive games on long car journeys just feel so damn good man) but I guarantee you: I wouldn't have given games like Spanky's Quest, Wild Guns and especially WinBack a ghost of a chance had they not been added to NSO services and now they're some of my all time favourites on each of their respective systems. I'll always rally for them to be better don't get me wrong, but they've done a lot for me on the retro end of things and I really enjoy them because of it

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

Fizza wrote:

@Snatcher There's an odd thing in regards to companies' official services when it comes to retro emulation for me where, even though I'm fully aware there are probably much better alternatives, I still really like them. This is probably being heavily carried by being able to play such games on the go in regards to the Switch retro collection (Mega Drive games on long car journeys just feel so damn good man) but I guarantee you: I wouldn't have given games like Spanky's Quest, Wild Guns and especially WinBack a ghost of a chance had they not been added to NSO services and now they're some of my all time favourites on each of their respective systems. I'll always rally for them to be better don't get me wrong, but they've done a lot for me on the retro end of things and I really enjoy them because of it

This is why I wish Nintendo just made more emulators for switch online, because you never know what game you might be introduced to just because of it, I had never played Metroid, but I played it because it was on there, And man was I missing out, and I wouldn’t had played hadn’t been for it being on NSO.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

mikegamer

Hot take: The NSO is absolute garbage in terms of offered content compared to what the Virtual Console offered.

mikegamer

Kermit1doesmath

mikegamer wrote:

Hot take: The NSO is absolute garbage in terms of offered content compared to what the Virtual Console offered.

You're not wrong, the drip feed and lack of "good" games is painful. I can't defend NSO or say it's good but hey at least we're getting Golden Eye...

dysgraphia awareness human

Xyphon22

As much as I have been enjoying just taking in this conversation, I felt like someone had to step in and say that @Euler is 100% correct. You can justify the emulation all you want just like you can justify stealing a loaf of bread if you are starving to death, but in the end that's all it is: a justification. It doesn't make it right. Like @VoidofLight said, maybe it would be okay if there is no other way to purchase the game, but what game is that true for? One of my favorite games ever is Goonies 2. That is never getting rereleased due to licensing issues and such. Know what I did? I bought an NES copy to play on my NES. Not that hard. Don't have an NES. Not that hard to find one. Too expensive to do it that way? Too bad, that's just another justification to steal. Afraid the old hardware and software will wear down eventually and be unplayable. Again, another justification. It's been 40 years and it hasn't happened yet, and it's been much less time for newer games. Countless works of art and literature and the like are gone forever due to the passage of time. That's the way the world works. It sucks, but it doesn't justify breaking the law. And this is coming from someone who has done this for certain games like Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and Radical Dreamers (before it recently got released with Chrono Cross).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

kkslider5552000

Xyphon22 wrote:

Ait doesn't justify breaking the law. And this is coming from someone who has done this for certain games like Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and Radical Dreamers (before it recently got released with Chrono Cross).

well then if you believe anything at all, then you should turn yourself over to the police then, mr. legality appreciator

anyway, i will emulate when i want to and then won't when i don't, will never go to jail, will never pretend morality plays a part in it one way or the other, discussions of the morality of emulation is proof that horseshoe theory might be real, indifference is based, y'all get Ls, ratio

also star fox zero is better than assault

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

moomin

I was never brave enough to tackle Zero, but I emulated (ha!) Assault and I still cannot believe how miserable it is.

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

Anti-Matter

mikegamer wrote:

Yup.
I agree.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@mikegamer I don't think that's unpopular, I agree, I do wish the classic library could be better. This is coming from someone who enjoyed some of the lesser known SNES games on the service (actually liked Fighter's History, Magical Drop II, and Psycho Dream).

I think I was the most excited for a game drop when they added Super Mario All-Stars and Earthbound.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WaffleBoat

Is me thinking Disney dream light valley is bad an unpopular opinion? Because I HATE that game it’s paying 30$ (more if you want “extra content”) for a buggy phone game that asks for more money right out the gate. I have played the game to make an honest opinion (just like I did with sword and shield) because I hear so much conflicting things online.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

blindsquirrel

@WaffleBoat
I agree, from what I have seen the game looks like a cheap phone game. Maybe for free it would be worth it.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

WaffleBoat

@blindsquarel
Seriously I know. I get that it might be a good game (just not for me) but the fact that it’s outselling splatoon 3 (and everything on the e shop currently)!? That just shows how much Disney can trick people. Brand loyalty am I right?

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Snatcher

@WaffleBoat Not really unpopular, opinions about it are really mixed, because some people just played it on game pass, I haven’t tried it yet, so can’t give an opinion.

VoidofLight

@Xyphon22 Ah, so from what I'm getting from this, is that if you don't have the system to play a game, and can't find the game for a cheap price, with the devs refusing to re-release it, then you just can no longer experience the game? I guess that means most people won't get to experience most great games that came out years ago then, since not everyone can afford to pay hundreds for a copy of a singular game, or tons for a console that is no longer in print.

Guess that also means that if my 3DS fails, I just can't experience any of the games again that I bought for it, since there's no way to get a new 3DS anymore.

Yes, many pieces of art and literature have been lost to time, but people have been making an effort to preserve what we have left. I see no difference in preserving games that are no longer being sold commercially.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Pizzamorg

I think the 30fps versus 60fps debate is fascinating because in my direction it always goes in one direction.

People who have never experienced 60fps gaming say 30fps is fine, and that'll remain true for them up until the point they actually experience 60fps and then try and go back and try to play the same title in 30fps and find it borderline unplayable.

Hell, I was one of those people.

This obviously isn't true of every genre, turn based games and stuff don't really benefit and we've seen stuff like Monster Hunter Rise built around the limitations of 30fps (to the point where the game sorta broke at higher framerates on PC and has to be adjusted with patches) but specific outliers aside, I haven't come across a single person who has experienced titles at both 30fps and 60fps, and said that the 30 fps version is good.

It is almost a shame that triple AAA publishers seem to put more stock into fidelity than they do FPS, because the leap between 1080p to 4k gaming is far smaller than the leap from target 30fps to 60fps or higher.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Anti-Matter

I prefer playing Dreamworks: Dragons Dawn of New Riders than any Zelda games.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter How are those two comparable? Unless your saying that you just plain prefer playing that game over Zelda, and it’s not a comparison, if that’s the case what game don’t you prefer playing over zelda lol?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic