Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,990

turtlelink

Ok, I'm thinking about getting a 3DS toward the end of June. I already plan on picking up Ocarina and Street Fighter, but is PilotWings any good?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Jango-Forest

turtlelink wrote:

Ok, I'm thinking about getting a 3DS toward the end of June. I already plan on picking up Ocarina and Street Fighter, but is PilotWings any good?

Pilotwings is OK. It's really good at what it does, it just doesn't do very much. There's not a great deal of variety to the levels, most of them are just flying through hoops, but when the missions do differ, they're very enjoyable. Free flight mode is a waste of time if you've already played Wii sports resort, and even if you haven't the ridiculously short time limit makes it unnecessarily pressured. So basically, it's not really worth the full retail price in my opinion, but if you can find it cheap somewhere then I'd recommend it.

Jango-Forest

nothankyou

Ok guys.
Chrono Trigger or Super Castlevania IV?

nothankyou

ShinRPGGamer

I need some help. I wanna know get a PSP RPG game on the PSN store and I don't know which one I should get. Do you guys have any ideas? Also don't recommend any thing over 40 dollars ( I only have 38) nor anything not on the PSN store, Please and thank you.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

CanisWolfred

Alundra
Arc The Lad 1 & II
Cladun: This is an RPG
Any of the Final Fantasies
Grandia
Half-Minute Hero
Jeanne d'Arc
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Legend of Mana
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Riviera: The Promised Land
Suikoden
Threads of Fate
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Wild Arms XF
Xenogears
Yggdra Union
Ys: I & II Chronicles
Ys Seven
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Z.H.P.
The 3rd Birthday

Obviously I can see why you'd have trouble choosing.

Whatsay we just narrow it down to those 4 I posted in bold. I'll have descriptions and videos posted later.

As for my own question: Are the Summer Sale Minis worth the 5 dollar expense?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ShinRPGGamer

I've played the demo of Lunar so I am somewhat familar with it and I did like it but is it worth 20 dollars?

As for the your mini's question I really can't help you there, sorry.

CanisWolfred

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Has a fun turn-based battle system, lots of dialogue and lore, and fantastic music.

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

It's got a great story with plenty of humor. Unfortunately they dumbed down the difficulty and removed the overworld, but the game's still fun. Also has Great music.

Ys Seven

VERY fun gameplay.

Ys: Oath in Felghana

Great gameplay and music once again, and a better story IMO. Also has more challenge to it.

Please note that all of these games have limited and retail editions that are more expensive, but come with lots of fancy stuff.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ShinRPGGamer

@Mickeymac: So I downloaded The Legends of Heroes and have been playing for a while and it's a very good game, thanks for the recommendation.

On another note I made a Japanese PSN account before the outage happened and now that it's back online i plan to get the free games available and I need help deciding what games to get.

Here are some detials on what I'm looking for:

-Very little text as possible
-Fun (duh)
-Not LBP PSP or Wipeout (I already have those)

Edit: The games I can get per system are:

PS3
Echochrome: Overture
Come on, LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho
The Last Guy
Hustle Kings

PSP
What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord?
Patapon 2
Locoroco Midnight Carnival
Everybody's Stress Buster

Thanks in advance.

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

CanisWolfred

Gmls719 wrote:

@Mickeymac: So I downloaded The Legends of Heroes and have been playing for a while and it's a very good game, thanks for the recommendation.

On another note I made a Japanese PSN account before the outage happened and now that it's back online i plan to get the free games available and I need help deciding what games to get.

Here are some detials on what I'm looking for:

-Very little text as possible
-Fun (duh)
-Not LBP PSP or Wipeout (I already have those)

Edit: The games I can get per system are:

PS3
Echochrome: Overture
Come on, LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho
The Last Guy
Hustle Kings

PSP
What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord?
Patapon 2
Locoroco Midnight Carnival
Everybody's Stress Buster

Thanks in advance.

I recommend getting PataPon 2 and LocoRoco. I'd recommend getting What Did I do to Deserve This My Lord in English, it's only, like $8.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

bro2dragons

I just got a new eShop card, and have $3 left... I want something I can pick up and play any time over and over again for a few minutes at a time... those of you who have played them, would you recommend Qix (GB), Game and Watch Collection (GB), or Aura Aura Climber (DSiWare)? I know they're all very different... but if you had to pick one, what would you recommend?

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

CanisWolfred

I know I haven't played any of those games, but if I were you, I'd go with the Game & Watch collection, just because it has multiple games - if I get bored of one game, I can just play a different one.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

bro2dragons

Good call, Mac. Got it, and I'm really, really enjoying it. I've never played a Game and Watch game before, so I didn't realize just how much replay value there is with these. It definitely fits the "arcadey" feel I was looking for, and it's perfect for quick snippets of on the road gaming.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

CanisWolfred

bro2dragons wrote:

Good call, Mac. Got it, and I'm really, really enjoying it. I've never played a Game and Watch game before, so I didn't realize just how much replay value there is with these. It definitely fits the "arcadey" feel I was looking for, and it's perfect for quick snippets of on the road gaming.

Glad I could help. Now I know what to get when I'm in the mood for such a game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SunnySnivy

I'm interested in trying out the Final Fantasy series, I've always been a fan of RPGs but I just never played any of them.

Which one would you recommend? It doesn't have to be the best one in the series, just the one that would be best for a beginner.

(Also, I only own Nintendo consoles.)

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

CanisWolfred

SunnySnivy wrote:

I'm interested in trying out the Final Fantasy series, I've always been a fan of RPGs but I just never played any of them.

Which one would you recommend? It doesn't have to be the best one in the series, just the one that would be best for a beginner.

(Also, I only own Nintendo consoles.)

FF4. It has the simplest battle system that is used by many other games in the series, and it has a great story to it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ShinRPGGamer

@Sunny: FF6 (3) The gameplay is great, The story hooks you in, the translation is funny and yes it is one of the more beginner friendly games of the series.

ShinRPGGamer

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on whether or not to buy Persona 3 Valkyria Chronicles 2 or Phantasy star 2 Portable. What would you guys reccomend?

ShinRPGGamer

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on whether or not to buy Persona 3, Valkyria Chronicles 2, or Phantasy star 2 Portable before vacation. What would you guys reccomend?

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

CanisWolfred

Gmls719 wrote:

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on whether or not to buy Persona 3, Valkyria Chronicles 2, or Phantasy star 2 Portable before vacation. What would you guys reccomend?

Tough choice indeed. It really depends on what you like most: Turn-based gameplay with a solid story, a strategy game with a unique action twist, or an action-RPG with multiple players. Personally, I like all 3 of them equally and find them all to be essential purchases.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic