Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,990

ShinRPGGamer

Mickeymac wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on whether or not to buy Persona 3, Valkyria Chronicles 2, or Phantasy Star 2 Portable before vacation. What would you guys reccomend?

Tough choice indeed. It really depends on what you like most: Turn-based gameplay with a solid story, a strategy game with a unique action twist, or an action-RPG with multiple players. Personally, I like all 3 of them equally and find them all to be essential purchases.

I'm a fan of turn based gameplay and I liked the demos for Valkyria and Phantasy Star but I can only buy one of these 3 games before I go on holidays so I'm kind of between a rock, a cliff, and a hard place right now. I'm afraid i'm going to need a clear and conscience answer.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

RoyalBlur

Okay, so I was asking if I should download Dragon's Lair and Space Ace from the Nintendo eShop?

I've heard so much praise about this game that I'm seriously considering buying a Nintendo eShop Card tomorrow so I can download Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. I was seriously impressed with all the fan art on deviantart that I can't help but bubble over with geek wonder at how beautiful the animation is in Dragon's Lair and Space Ace.

I heard that the gameplay of Dragon's Lair and Space is similar to that of Tap Tap Revolution and Guitar Hero and that sounds even more exciting!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

My my five year old cousin celebrates his birthday tomorrow and he wants a DS game. He likes LEGO, army themed stuff, and Star Wars. Thanks!

Odnetnin

I don't quite have the money for some of these right now, but I'm curious...

• PSP/Go when it's cheap after the Vita comes out
  • PS3 at the new discounted price ($249) for inFAMOUS, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, and all the PSN goodness (don't want 360)
  • Playstation Vita, Wi-Fi only model
  • iPod Touch for BIT.TRIP BEAT, the Puzzle Agent games, Angry Birds and the like, plus all the cool apps people talk about.
  • Hold out to see if the Wii U will be affordable/awesome at launch
  • Spend my money on all the new 3DS/Steam games coming out
  • Save my money for something better

Which do you recommend?

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Link245

Okay, I have decided between what two Metroid games I want to buy. I cannot decide between the original Prime for Gamecube and Other M. Prime sounds good but I think the blend of 2D and 3D gameplay would be fun. Can someone help me decide between the two?
Also, I read about the bug in Other M with the door not opening because of the dual-layer disc. I've had my Wii since '06, do you think it would read it?

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

Stine

Should I get GTA Chinatown Wars for the DS or PSP? I was planning on getting the DS version in the future, but now it's on sale on PSN. Are there any differences? Is one version better than the other?

Kriedler

Stine wrote:

Should I get GTA Chinatown Wars for the DS or PSP? I was planning on getting the DS version in the future, but now it's on sale on PSN. Are there any differences? Is one version better than the other?

I think the PSP one has better graphics (and it's fitted to the widescreen resolution), and a couple of new missions, but you lose out on the touchscreen controls. That's a big loss. The minigames and such are a really awesome (and non-gimmickey) addon, and I wouldn't want to play without them

New name, same game.
3DS friend code: 5026-4413-9840
STEAM ID: Deeso
XBL ID: Kriedler 0

Now Playing (3DS): PKMN Y
PC: X-Com: Enemy Within, King Arthur's Gold
360: GTAV
Wii U: Deus Ex

Stine

I think the DS one sounds more like my thing. Will probably pass on the PSP version.

FonistofCruxis

The Harvest moon games have never appealed to me but the action-rpg elements of the Rune factory games interest me but having to plant runes in dungeons to replenish your RP and HP sounds annoying. So does anyone think that the Rune factory series would be good for someone that isn't interested in the Harvest moon series?

Shadowflash

mariofanatic128 wrote:

So does anyone think that the Rune factory series would be good for someone that isn't interested in the Harvest moon series?

I was thinking the same thing XD.

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

FonistofCruxis

Shadowflash wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

So does anyone think that the Rune factory series would be good for someone that isn't interested in the Harvest moon series?

I was thinking the same thing XD.

As no one was answering my question I asked again in this Rune factory 3 related news article and got a helpful answer from James.

xAlias

Should I get a 3DS? My birthday is in two months so I have to decide. If so, what game?

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

CanisWolfred

labrat7 wrote:

Should I get a 3DS? My birthday is in two months so I have to decide. If so, what game?

If you're not already interested in some games, there's not much point in getting it, especially at this stage. Try checking the coming soon section and see if anything interests you first. I will say this, though: there's probably gonna be a redesign at some point. Are you sure you can't wait until then?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Weskerb

labrat7 wrote:

Get an Ipod touch. You'll probably have more fun with that. The games on the 3DS are way too expensive.

Weskerb

Bubbab5

Should i get Star fox 64 3D or kirby mass attack.i just cant decide

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

Bubbab5

Once like for 2 min on 1 layer not even that probly

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

CanisWolfred

Bubbab55 wrote:

Once like for 2 min on 1 layer not even that probly

Then get Star Fox 64. I normally don't recommend ports, but SF64 is a game that must be played, and if you're going to get one version, it might as well be the best version.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic