Forums

Topic: The Wheel of Fate is Turning! [Fighting Game Central]

Posts 141 to 160 of 189

Ryu_Niiyama

Yeah I saw that I'm hoping that means Switch and PC will just have the characters included. But I'll get it for PS4 to start.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JoeDiddley

I don’t have a PS4 so I’m so jealous I’ll be waiting a while to play the new Samurai Shodown.

I can fill out my PS3 fighting game library (for cheaps mostly) while I wait though.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Ryu_Niiyama

Just picked up granblue fantasy versus on Ps4 to start learning it.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

CanisWolfred

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Just picked up granblue fantasy versus on Ps4 to start learning it.

I really want to pick that up, but I think I'll wait until more characters are out. I'm not all that invested in the GBF franchise, but it's never a good sign when several of the characters popular enough for me to recognize are in the season pass...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

@CanisWolfred I’m not too invested either but I like to buy most fighters asap so I can start training/introduce them to my group.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

Not a true double post:

Fighting EX Layer is heading to Switch!!!!! So glad I held off getting it for PS4!

Note this is a sequel/revision apparently with new netcode! Apparently there will be more info in april.

https://nintendoeverything.com/fighting-ex-layer-another-dash...

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Kanbei

@Ryu_Niiyama I've haven't played a Fighting EX Layer game yet, but I did play Street Fighter EX plus Alpha back in the day, so I'm excited to check this out! The more fighting games for Switch, the better.

Nintendo ID: BeeBindy
Switch Friend Code:
SW-1496-0942-9208
Discord: BeeBindy #7636

Ryu_Niiyama

@Kanbei I have played it on PC and PS4 before the pandemic and I enjoyed what I played. Looking forward to picking this up and getting some serious playtime in. And agreed, the more Switch fighting games the better. It’s BUILT for tourneys. No more lugging a full sized console. Just toss your switch, dock, cables and stick in a bag and everything is pringles.

I’ve been quietly waiting on people to realize that.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Wargoose

Anyone else pick up snk vs capcom? I've been playing it, and I'm surprised how good it is. It's got quite a lot of modes, and unlockable characters.

Wargoose

judaspete

@Wargoose I'm waiting to get it with the Neo-Geo Pocket collection. Never played this, but was a big fan of the rest of the Capcom vs SNK crossovers.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

CanisWolfred

SNK vs. Capcom is the main reason I own a Neo Geo Pocket, heh. I'm definitely looking forward to the collection.

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Not a true double post:

Fighting EX Layer is heading to Switch!!!!! So glad I held off getting it for PS4!

Note this is a sequel/revision apparently with new netcode! Apparently there will be more info in april.

https://nintendoeverything.com/fighting-ex-layer-another-dash...

Ah man, now I wish I did. I definitely enjoyed my time with it, but the online was a joke. I hope they update the netcode for the PS4 version, at least, though it's probably a lost cause by now.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wargoose

@CanisWolfred I thought they already updated the PS4 version about 6 months ago with rollback netcode. I think they were looking at crossplay next.

Wargoose

Ryu_Niiyama

Melty Blood is heading to Switch y’all!

I’ll scrounge up the source later.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

CanisWolfred

Wargoose wrote:

@CanisWolfred I thought they already updated the PS4 version about 6 months ago with rollback netcode. I think they were looking at crossplay next.

Ah, I guess I missed that. I'll admit, I haven't had time to follow gaming news these days. Or more importantly, money for the games I constantly get tempted with...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wargoose

Anyone been playing the Guilty Gear strive beta? What does everyone think?

I'm enjoying it, the Roman cancels are great fun. I think they could tone down the slow down on counter hits, but that's a minor gripe.

Wargoose

Ryu_Niiyama

Fighting Ex Layer another dash is out with a free to start/demo.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Wargoose

Well a lots happened since I last posted.

Samurai Shodown wrapped up it's last DLC with Guilty Gears Baiken. Looking forward to picking up the season pass when it goes on sale. Just wish the online play was better.

KOF XV continues to look good, I'm hoping we get some returning boss characters revealed soon. Rugal and Geese in particular. At the moment I think I'll be playing Terry, Blue Mary and Isla/Shermie.

Smash Bros wrapped up it's DLC, and when you look back on the two seasons there were some really great picks. The only one I'd personally swap is Byleth. I'm hoping they release a version of the game with all DLC.

Wargoose

Ryu_Niiyama

Loving Baiken on samsho. Not thinking about KoF until there is a switch confirmation. Otherwise I’ll get it on sale later. Glad smash is done. Just waiting on the amiibo to finish. Looking forward to melty blood.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

MsJubilee

If only the servers in Samurai Showdown weren't absolute horsecrap. That's the reason the game died so quickly.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ryu_Niiyama

Is that just on switch or in general? I haven't had time to go online with Samsho yet. I tend to be an offline player, but sometimes I like to get a feel for how the scene is playing.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic