Forums

Topic: The Wheel of Fate is Turning! [Fighting Game Central]

Posts 181 to 189 of 189

tekoii

@BruceCM Yea, I've seen Tekken go on sale quite a bit just never actually bought it. I think I'm actually more leaning toward Tekken but even then I don't I'd be able to get them soon :/. Silly me inviting you and @WaterKirby1964 to play when I dont even have the game >u<;; It'd just be nice to play with you guys is all! Do you guys play Smash Bros? I'd be down for that

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WaterKirby_64

@tekoii Even though I am currently on a break from playing fighting games online, yes I play Super Smash Bros.

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

WaterKirby_64

Does Jamie from Street Fighter give you the Lei Wulong vibes?

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

Ryu_Niiyama

Demo for SF6 is out on PS. It’s not bad. I’m happy that character creator allows you to use a character’s playstyle. About to staple Ryu onto my custom character.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Fizza

JOHNNY'S IN STRIVE BABY YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

F-ZeroX

So I saw this one recently and wanted to share. Goes into Tekken, 3D vs 2D, hit boxes and a bit of MMA history.

Because Tekken is 3D, it's easier to accurately replicate real life moves than on a 2D plane. Apparently Tekken also has 3D cylindrical hit boxes (instead of square 2D ones), allowing for near misses, wtf moments and
incredibly choreographed fights. If you want to see an example of the latter, I invite to come have a look at maina Highway's Tekken 3 TASes on youtube. Art in motion.

I also wanted to share a link to the Smash Bros documentary series. It's a great watch even if you're not into Smash. What I liked most is the different characters. Not video game characters but real life. The kids involved, their stories, experiences, how they found a sense of community and how the community evolved.

I'm playing Smash 64 at the moment with my son. We are having a good time.

I find today's fighting games have too many characters. It's daunting and off-putting. For me Tekken 3 and Melee had the perfect roster. A diverse set of memorable and unique characters, the right size.

I've had an interest in fighting arts for a long time. I think the reason I fell in love with Tekken, other than Tekken 3 being a monumental game in the genre's history and the fun tournies we had with friends, is because it so accurately represents different styles and is focused on keeping it real, rather than fantasy (fireballs etc). It's not so much about memorizing complex series of inputs, it's about fight IQ and good fundamentals. It wasn't about gore either, just pure fighting and competition. The love for fighting and all it embodies really shines through in this series.

Did have a high school friend who had Killer Instinct on snes, but never really got the hang of the combo system. It was too fast for my brain, he'd always kick my ass heh 😅

@Tasuki I did a search and didn't come up with anything. Missed this thread. Thx for pointing it out to me. Deleted mine.

F-ZeroX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic