Forums

Topic: The Wheel of Fate is Turning! [Fighting Game Central]

Posts 161 to 180 of 189

MsJubilee

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Is that just on switch or in general? I haven't had time to go online with Samsho yet. I tend to be an offline player, but sometimes I like to get a feel for how the scene is playing.

In general. That was the biggest complaint that the fanbase had, but SNK never fixed it. So the players pretty much abandoned it. Real shame. From what I played, the game was fun.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Wargoose

@Ryu_Niiyama Samurai Shodown has laggy online across the board unfortunately. Until recently all of SNKs fighting games had awful online. Rereleases of Garou and King of Fighters being the exceptions.

King of Fighters XV will be the first SNK developed game to have rollback netcode. So hopefully the next Sam Sho will have good online.

Wargoose

Wargoose

@tekoii unfortunately I've got it on PS4/Xbox One.

Does anyone have any tips for King of Fighters 2002? Some of the combos look crazy, however I'm not sure how folks are managing them.

Wargoose

Ryu_Niiyama

@MsJubilee @Wargoose Good to know, thanks y’all. I’m enjoying single player, but it would have been nice to see this one thrive. It’s a pretty solid reboot.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

tekoii

@Wargoose Ahh nice! It goes on frequent sale on PC and I've always loved fighting games. I'm wondering about all the DLC, there is an "Ultimate Version or something like that", but I heard even that doesn't have all the characters ><; It's Tekken, but how's the game really?

@YusseiWarrior3000 Ahhh man, another game that's been on my radar. I haven't seen the anime series, but I enjoy conceptually the idea of a school for super heroes with various powers. Sounds like you recommend this one heartily ^^.

πŸ„ MK8D ▢️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Wargoose

@tekoii I'm really bad at Tekken so probably not the best person to ask, but as a casual player. I think it's one of the better games in the series. They've added in Super Moves which you can use when you're low on health. They're quite easy to do and look pretty flashy. The other new thing is they've added a slow mo effect on moves that could finish a round when you're both low on health. It can lead to some cool final moments.

Some of the DLC is quite cool, I particularly liked Noctis and Geese Howard as guest characters. There is a lot of DLC though, I've not bought it all. Mainly because I'd moved onto other games.

Wargoose

tekoii

@Wargoose Perfect, I asked another casual player LOL. I tease. As a fighting game fan-ish, I'm not that good at fighting games but I do like how they play and when the characters are varied with good designs. I love the descriptions your giving me on it. Now idk whether I should get the base game at $7.99 or the "Ultimate" at $17.99 or so. I just want to play as a Final Fantasy character in a standard fighting game, Noctis will do!

@YusseiWarrior3000 Awesome, Ill send you a request!! Though, does it still go thru without net o.o?

Edited on by tekoii

Ryu_Niiyama

Lol so somehow I missed that the new KoF was heading to the series x only for the MS ecosystem. So I have a temporary coaster until I get the new machine. YouTube it is for a while.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Wargoose

I just purchased Bloody Roar on the Gamecube. Looking forward to giving it a go. I've also been looking at Mighty Fight Federation. It feels like no one has done a good arena fighter since powerstone 2.

Wargoose

WaterKirby_64

@Wargoose Bloody Roar is GOATED. Enjoy 😎🐺🦁🐰

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

WaterKirby_64

@tekoii I play Tekken 7 on both PS4 and PC 😎

WaterKirby_64

WaterKirby_64

Couple of questions:

How many of you here play these following fighting games?
Bloody Roar, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, Soulcalibur, Dead or Alive, King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown, Guilty Gear and Mortal Kombat

Who are your mains from the fighting games I mentioned?

Which 4 characters you want for Guilty Gear -Strive-?

Who are you liking so far in The King of Fighters XV?

From the Street Fighter VI Roster Leak, which characters you plan to play?

WaterKirby_64

BruceCM

tekoii wrote:

Anyone play Tekken 7 on PC?

Occasionally but I've never played online & I don't claim to be any good.....
Also some MKX1, @WaterKirby1964 & Soul Calibur whichever number it's up to. I like messing around offline beating up the AI as most of the characters, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

tekoii

@WaterKirby1964 Nice, lets play sometime, just gotta grab it. I wanna get some more fighting games on Steam.

I've played all of those fighting game series outside of Samurai Showdown.
Bloody Freakin Roar needs to come back. I love that game

I can't really say mains cause I haven't played them all enough, but if I were to start playing some fighting games now I'd prolly go with playing UMVC3, Tekken, and Soul Calibur.

Cant say much for GG Strive, KoF, SF6 but they are fine looking games. Guilty Gear was always great, and it'd be nice to get into the newest one.

@BruceCM Ahh I hear ya, online in fighting games is scary. People go hard and literally train as they play to get better. When I get Tekken and Soul Calibur we should get some games goin!!

On another note, do you guys recommend getting the 'Ultimate Editions'? I'd wanna get the most characters for the least cash lol. I heard some of the 'Ultimate Editions' are not complete.

WaterKirby_64

@tekoii Definitive Edition is the one you need for Tekken 7. The Definitive Edition has everything on there, all the DLCs

WaterKirby_64

tekoii

@WaterKirby1964 Ahhh ok thanks, gotta keep an eye out for a good sale on it! I just hope I'm not too late by that point and they announce a new Tekken lol.

BruceCM

Well, they have all been on good sales a few times now, @tekoii .... SCVI doesn't have an edition with all the dlc on Steam but when the game is on sale, the season passes are also discounted
Any game with various editions has to tell you exactly what each 1 does have in it, at least on Steam, though & probably on other platforms

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic