Forums

Topic: The Unoffical TV Show Mega Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 978

Mioaionios

@Kermit1
I think that's a good approach.
If this show really is going to run for 5 seasons, chances are canon will be broken anyway.
In fact, there's a character in the first two episodes that, if he is who I think he is, breaks canon already.
So yeah...

Mioaionios

Kermit1doesmath

@Mioaionios I just took a nap shortly after writing that post, and no joke I dreamed about Elves inventing magic bikes. Safe to say I'm going to watch it in a good state of mind lol.

5 Seasons...
Untitled

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@Mioaionios My Mom did not want to watch the show at the last minute. I'm going to have to find something else to watch then lol.

Kermit1doesmath

@Mioaionios I'd feel alone making comments at it (Me and my Mom are like MST3K, but with cats). We decided watched Xanadu instead. It was cheesy fun, and reminded me of a Muppet movie lol.

Mioaionios

@Kermit1
Never seen Xanadu. I heard they made it into a stage musical many years later, parodying the film.
Apparently the stage version was much better received than the film.

Mioaionios

Kermit1doesmath

@Mioaionios It's pretty cheesy but the soundtrack 100/10, mainly ELO songs which is an instant win in my book.

I think I've seen a trailer for the stage version but I don't remember anything about it... Wait the full thing is on YouTube lol.

Maxenmus

Unsurprised 1-5 star reviews of The Rings of Power got deleted on IMDB. Guess who owns IMDB? The same people that owns Rings of Power, Amazon and Jeff Bezo's balding head. Power indeed, power to silence you.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1doesmath

@Maxenmus I'm not surprised, Jeff Beezo's has (half) the whole world in his hands.
Untitled

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

@Maxenmus I'm not surprised, Jeff Beezo's has (half) the whole world in his hands.
Untitled

It's things like this that makes me not want to watch the show even more, because most of the things Amazon claimed "trolls" would give low reviews for, I wouldn't have a problem with it. My criticisms with No Time to Die for example weren't because of its diversity hiring. I thought its problems stemmed from its script and its weak villain character arc. I didn't have a problem with Moon Knight despite it having a non-white lead exploring non-American cultures and Egyptian mythology. I didn't have a problem with Alita: Battle Angel and thought it was an excellent film despite having a female lead, and it has a solid character arc and an interesting universe. It's as if these films had their marketing and focus on the story, not pandering to social media trends.

Like seriously, look at House of the Dragon and how well it's doing right now despite having a diverse casting as well. I mean, were there trolls to review-bomb HotD? Probably. I'd say they do exist. But to just say all negative criticisms is "trolling" leads to an echo chamber full of Yes Men.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

StarPoint

I watched two episodes of She-Hulk yesterday, and it's about as bad as everyone says it is. Cringey writing, lazy CGI, mediocre acting, and ridiculously heavy-handed gender politics. It was especially painful when Jennifer told Bruce that she's "infinitely better at controlling her anger" than him, a guy who was abused in his childhood, kills nearly everyone in uncontrolled rages, lost the love of his life, is unable to end his own life, etc. And what has Jennifer been through? Umm uhh well she gets catcalled by men sometimes and has to suffer mansplaining. The horror!

I'm not trying to get into politics here but it's hard not to when the show practically forces it upon you. This show is just another great example of how lazy Marvel is, and how they care about nothing other than money and cheap shots at political commentary. I was finished with Marvel long before this show came out, so this is basically icing on the cake for me, but it's still sad to see the state that the franchise is in.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

RR529

Saturday was a pretty nostalgic day of TV for me. When I woke up in the morning Cartoon Network was showing a couple episodes of the OG Teen Titans (the two part finale of season 2), so I decided to watch (& realized that this version of Robin is probably my favorite animated iteration of anything "Batman").

That night me & bro stayed up and watched Toonami together for the first time in years (watched Primal, YashaHime, Lupin the 3rd Part 6, and an hour of One Piece). Because of YashaHime & Lupin we joked that if you suddenly transplanted someone from 20 years ago (when both InuYasha & Lupin the 3rd Part 2 were part of the lineup) into the modern day, they'd probably assume both shows had just been completely ongoing this entire time, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

@StarPoint but if Bruce kills people in uncontrollable rages then why is he good at controlling his rage? People are seeking bias confirmation by turning a conversation about staying composed into a conversation of comparing trauma.

The Lord Of The Rings hasn’t shown bewbs,. HBO 1 Amazon 0

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1doesmath

@jump it's tv-14 yet they hired some people who train people for 😈.

jump

@Kermit1 I think you used the wrong emoji, it’s an easy mistake to make since an aubergine is purple too…

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

StarPoint

@jump The point isn't that he's good at controlling his rage (even though he did learn to control it over time). It's that his and Jennifer's pasts are incomparable. I feel like this scene would have been a lot better if we would have actually seen legitimate examples of her needing to control her anger after a really bad situation happened. But as it stands, this line feels extremely arrogant and disrespectful to the past that Bruce had to live through.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

jump

@StarPoint The conversation was literally about why is she so good at Hulking from the get go whilst Bruce was not. Other people are the ones trying to take it out of that context to make it she was making herself a victim comparable to Brucey or pOLITIcZ or whatever.

Although it does seem a bit like unintended meta commentary of how people are tone deaf. A woman talks about her frustration at casual sexism so she decided to learn how to handle her anger towards it only for certain audience members to then go “how dare she say that!!!” because she wasn’t walking on egg shells to make doubley sure it’s not offensive to any men. Lol

Nicolai wrote:

StarPoint

@jump Well we clearly have very different viewpoints on this, so I'm just gonna have to agree to disagree with you here. To me, it feels like it's undermining everything that Bruce went through, but if you don't feel that way, it's fine.

Besides, I'm not ever going to watch this show again, so I don't really care about what it says or does. That was just something that I picked up on, and I saw many other people commenting on it and similar things in the show as well.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Mioaionios

@jump
I often wonder if it's pure ignorance or a lack of empathy - or a combination of both - that start conversations like this. Many people don't seem to understand what it's like to be treated the way Jennifer (She-Hulk) describes. For many women this is not a once-in-a-lifetime experience but an almost daily occurrence. If that doesn't make you frustrated, I don't know what will.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic