Forums

Topic: The Unoffical TV Show Mega Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 975

Mioaionios

Just saw S3E5 of The Orville: A Tale of Two Topas.
This show keeps getting better. It was so emotional and I cried several times during the episode.
This is great sci-fi!

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Sunsy

Finally gotten around to watching The Smurfs, the new 2021 show. I don't have cable, so I ordered a DVD of the show as it recently came out. So far, I'm enjoying it. Some elements more than I expected to. I love how it took heavy inspiration from The Lost Village movie, from the environments, right down to featuring some of the Lost Village smurfs like SmurfWillow and SmurfBlossom. I found some episodes funnier than I was anticipating, the Halloween episode was pretty clever too.

Fun little Easter egg, the Smurfs will sometimes be seen eating Belgian waffles, a little nod to their country of origin.

Also, is it me or I find it interesting that Nickelodeon has modern versions of two well known 1980's cartoons, this and TMNT?

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Mioaionios

Sunsy wrote:

Fun little Easter egg, the Smurfs will sometimes be seen eating Belgian waffles, a little nod to their country of origin.

What can I say? We Belgians love our waffles. 😋
I used to love the Smurfs as a little kid. That '80s show was all kinds of wonderful.

Mioaionios

Sunsy

@Tremblucay Waffles are delicious! Same, I have some of the 80's cartoon on DVD, also the official Smurfs YouTube channel posts full episodes of the classic series. I was really surprise they did that too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Really cool, I love it when the official YouTube channels to shows put up full episodes. Will admit, younger kids got it good when it comes to official full episodes. Can't count how many times I've seen Disney Junior post a full episode of a show on its YouTube channel, while the regular Disney Channel YouTube channel (say that three times fast) barely does it.

Edited on by Sunsy

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy Yea kids got it good. I said Disney Channel YouTube channel 6 times fast then I said Disney Channel Yogurt channel

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Perfect, lol.

Dogorilla

Series 2 of The Outlaws finished yesterday, I loved it. This might be a slightly clichéd thing to say about this show at this point but it has the perfect balance of comedy and drama - it's really funny while also being genuinely gripping. I'm crossing my fingers for a third series but if it has to end here at least all the characters got a satisfactory ending (except for poor Ben )

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Rambler

@Dogorilla
I'm one episode behind broadcast, but it's been brilliant so far. Love the mix of comedy and drama, and Christopher Walken looks like he's having a blast
Excellent acting by everyone in it.

Rambler

Mioaionios

Ms. Marvel had its finale today and all-in-all I liked this show.
It's far from perfect, especially episode 5 had its fair share of problems, but it's also very sweet and I love the character Kamala Khan. Overall, I think this was one of the better MCU Disney+ shows.

Mioaionios

RR529

@seaboyluca, I should be able to start Ms Marvel this weekend as I only have one episode left in season 3 of the Man in the High Castle.

This year's Disney+ slate hasn't really been all that great IMO (heck, I think I liked that darned Rescue Rangers reboot more than any of the Star Wars or Marvel shows this year), but I'm willing to give it a fair shot.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Mioaionios

@RR529
The D+ shows are of inconsistent quality, to say the least. The Mandalorian is still my favorite show the service has produced. Glad you liked Rescue Rangers, but it wasn't my cup of tea unfortunately.
When it comes to D+ original movies (not counting the 3 Pixar ones), I think Timmy Failure is my favorite.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Kermit1doesmath

@seaboyluca No huge fan, I just don't like sound of this show from every hiring they've done. I'm 100% passing on this.

I forgot why I turned my computer on lol, I'm on break

Mioaionios

@Kermit1
Ever heard of the phrase "don't judge a book based on its cover"?

Mioaionios

Kermit1doesmath

@seaboyluca yep, even if people like it I'll wait a while. I got more stuff to watch besides that anyway.

peace out. I remembered why I turned my PC on.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic