Forums

Topic: The Table Top Gaming thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 444

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 They're doing pretty good, it'll just take time for my sister to heal since she had a C-section. The Jack Box games are indeed on the Switch as well as PC. Not sure about other platforms, but I'm sure they're elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind seeing an image or two of your collection! You can upload pictures to postimage, then embed them in [ img ] [ /img ] tags. Just with no space between the text and brackets.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Glad your sister and the new baby are doing well. And that she is healing up.

I am not sure what post image. That would be cool to do it once I figure it out. Have you posted pics on here before?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I have. It is pretty easy overall. The nice thing about postimage is it allows you to set how long the picture can remain available. Plus it's free. I don't believe one even needs an account.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx So post image is a website? I will have to look into it if that’s the case.
Anyway I gotta dig out more of my games, so I can send more pics. If I can figure out how to do pics in the first place lol. Would you also like to see some of the insides of the games too?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Yep, postimage is a free image uploading site. I don't believe it requires making an account. The insides of the games are at your discretion. Depends on how unique they are I suppose.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I will show you some insides once I figure out this post image thing out. I hope I can get some better pics of my collection. I got a game called the Crew recently, have you heard of it?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I have not heard of The Crew, other than the Ubisoft game/MMO. And I know little about that other than a trailer and a couple of advertisements lol. What's the board game about?

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Hmm...The Crew does look interesting! Though I've had mixed results with games that make a lot of card use. Really depends on the rules and method of play though. Nothing much going on in my tabletop gaming world right now; waaaayy too busy for the next while. No D&D this weekend either, and I'm not sure about the rest of the month regarding my own schedule (maybe next Sunday afternoon, but that'll depend on how long an event earlier in the afternoon lasts....)

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx yeah the crew is a nifty game for sure. I just realize that this thread is almost two years old, has it been that long you and I been talking lol? Oh yeah schedules for sure can be hard, but hopefully the event you are going to will be fun.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Wow...two years already? XD I wasn't available at all Saturday but could've showed up Sunday afternoon. However, two of the players - a husband and wife - are making moving plans, plus the husband had his gall bladder removed earlier this week. Next Saturday is full for me due to a cousin's wedding, and most of Sunday...though I could squeeze something in late afternoon or evening if needed. I won't be available at all the 23rd/24th.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx congrats on your cousins wedding. And yeah this thread has been around nearly two years. You were one of the early posters and you were talking about your DND game back then. How long has that game been running now?

Edited on by Themagusx1

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Thanks! The wedding is tomorrow and should be a good time, though it'll definitely eat up a lot of my day between the usual proceedings and travel. I think our D&D game has been running for well over two years at this point, probably closer to three since I didn't join right away.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I hope the wedding went well. I am sorry about the late response I been busy. That’s a good long time for your DND group to be running. Hopefully you guys get to play soon. On the table top front, found my copies of Citadels which is nice. Citadels is a favorite .
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/478/citadels

Let me know what you think

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 The wedding went very well, long day but it was a good one minus the headache I had at one point. NP on the response time, in fact I'm very busy in October, so there might be some response gaps on my end. Because of my schedule and our two central location hosts going through a move, it'll likely be a little while yet before we play. Citadels looks fun, albeit a bit complicated. I'm not running on a lot of sleep right now though, so maybe it'll make more sense when I'm caught up.

D20Nat20

cluedo classic ed. Is fun also a new cluedo is due on switch in 23/24 as is a brand new ticket to ride

Pathfinder is brilliant its the closet thing to real path finder a video game could do unless they made diarama style towns/dungeons with actual minis

But the current one is a crpg with pf 2e rules sheets and rolls and at major plot points you get texxt which is the game version of a dm monolouge and you make choice some are locked behind alliances some are skill checks

But i think if instead of huge rooms they had a table with maps and modular builds they could do a game with an ai dm with choices being skill checks and movement/combat grid based etc then again nothing geats real dice at a real table with real sheets and a dm screen

D20Nat20

D20Nat20

Tyranexx wrote:

@Themagusx1 Thanks! The wedding is tomorrow and should be a good time, though it'll definitely eat up a lot of my day between the usual proceedings and travel. I think our D&D game has been running for well over two years at this point, probably closer to three since I didn't join right away.

I got a subscription to a new magazine called d&d adventures its 80 issues(4 a month) with free dice,standees ect each has an encounter which i'm putting together as a 2ish year long campaign its set in phandalin as are i belive the 2 starter kits and edssential kit so i plan on in that time running those but as an extended canon so say we kill tolben stone hill as our lost mines charicters hes dead in the others too lol

It's me and my son so he runs a pc i run a dmpc

D20Nat20

Ninfan

Is mouse trap on switch, what other board games are on switch ?

Ninfan

Tyranexx

Hmm....I might have to look into that D&D Adventures sub. I'm normally not one to buy magazine subscriptions these days, but if the price is right I will consider it.

Tasuki

@D20Nat20 If there's one thing that ruins a good D&D game it's a DMPC, not of course to be confused with an NPC. Either play a PC or DM but you cannot do both to be honest.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic