Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Anti-Matter

I voted Healing-D-Vision again.

Anti-Matter

NF6429

If the songs stay tied, should probably leave the poll open for another few days. Would feel off to tiebreaker win 4 choices vs 1 or 2.

Edited on by NF6429

NF6429

Fizza

Molgera for me on the first one. It's not my favourite version of the song (the Hyrule Warriors one is hands down the best) but it's still a banger (plus the chickas are pretty great as well).

The other one I voted for was Decisive Battle II from Octopath. Big Arms is iconic and the Generations version is the best one of it, but as someone who has played Octopath (admittedly for only about 15 hours), Decisive Battle II is just so, so, SO good. I love orchestrated pieces in video game music and man is that song beautiful.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Krull

Jumping in… Think Sonic Generations and Octopath Traveler are my two favourites. Shame one has to go out here.

I’ll also say that Paper Mario feels like a cheat, because it’s a reinterpretation of an incredibly famous piece of music that has already stood the test of time. That said, it’s still brilliant.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

kkslider5552000

Tbh, while the other songs are fine to good, Molgera is the only one I'm still rooting for.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThePirateCaptain

Now that Square Enix has finally uploaded soundtracks themselves we shouldn’t have to worry about links getting nuked anymore.

Anyway, the quarterfinals were very tight but the songs moving on to the semifinals are Wind Waker at 6-3, Octopath Traveller at 5-4, Etrian Odyssey IV with a tiebreaker at 5-5, and Persona Q at 5-4.
Link to the bracket

Semifinal Round

Molgera Battle - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker vs. Decisive Battle II - Octopath Traveller

Vote here

The End of Raging Winds - Etrian Odyssey IV vs. Laser Beam - Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

Anti-Matter

NOOOOO....!!! 😱😱😱
Healing-D-Vision was outvoted by other song ! 😭

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

So I looked into the Etrian Odyssey composer because the song sounds kinda like a Xenoblade song. He did not work on Xenoblade but he's done a lot including a song in...Persona Q. Not this song specifically, because that coincidence would've been too much.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThePirateCaptain

This is it, we’ve finally made it to the end. Our finalists for the best boss themes are…

Octopath Traveller with the 3-3 tiebreaker and Etrian Odyssey IV at 5-1!

Thanks to everyone who has participated, especially those that have stuck around since the beginning of this massive tournament. May the best song win!

Decisive Battle II - Octopath Traveller vs. The End of Raging Winds - Etrian Odyssey IV

Vote for the winner here!

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

@Anti-Matter
After this tournament wraps up we’ll pick a new theme for the next one and people can submit songs for it. Sometime next week we should have a theme picked out at least.

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

The votes are in and the community has chosen. With a score of 6-1, winner of the best boss theme is….

The End of Raging Winds from Etrian Odyssey IV!

I’m open to all ideas for the theme of the next tournament so please leave your suggestions and we can pick something out.

ThePirateCaptain

Dogorilla

That final round was a pretty decisive battle, ironically. That Etrian Odyssey theme was a great choice.

One idea I had for a round is remixes from Smash Bros. It would be a bit different limiting the choices to music from a single series, but of course it's all based on tracks from other games and there's a lot of variety in there.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Fizza

I'd like to see a city/urban area themes contest personally, there are some great ones to choose from all sorts of different genres.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic