Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,556

Snatcher

I haven't followed this for a wile so sorry if the them I pick has been done before.

But what about themes that go with side characters for video games? I know a lot of games give some of there side characters a theme.

Or a shop theme would be cool, themes from any kind of place in a game where you would buy, upgrade, just a stop area theme.

Or visual novel themes!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

chapuH

Best menu / overworld themes, no-one really considers those when talking about VGM.

Hope you're having a good day.

Eel

Well deserved win.

As for new themes, I believe people wanted a final boss round, but perhaps that would be better to save for later in the year.

What about... Themes related to... Birds? It could be anything from the Rito Town theme from Zelda all the way to Birdhouse Peak from A Hat in Time and the Cluck-A-Pop theme from Wario Ware. Even bird-like enemy themes.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Eel "way to Birdhouse Peak from A Hat in Time." I never thought I would see someone mention this amazing music! Thank you.

I was actually going to mention bosses but I wasn't sure if it was done before, glad you said something.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

NF6429

I second best menu/overworld themes, there's a lot of variety there and gems nobody talks about much (Terranigma Underworld, .Xenogears Emotion, Pokemon TCG, etc.)
Now that someone's mentioned it though, a character theme/motif contest would be really neat too, Ace Attorney has some bangers.

Edited on by NF6429

NF6429

Anti-Matter

@ThePirateCaptain
I would like to see :
1. Futuristic theme songs
2. Boss songs (again)
3. Super / TOHO Eurobeat songs

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

We did do level select and map themes as a category before so there might be a bit of overlap with menu themes there, but I guess it could still work as a different thing.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

kkslider5552000

Wow I can't believe its finally over.

Fizza wrote:

I'd like to see a city/urban area themes contest personally

This is a pretty good idea, though I'm worried it might be dominated by Pokemon and Sonic.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Fizza

@kkslider5552000 .....how did you know the exact series I was thinking of when typing that. No joke, I was listening to Motostoke From SwSh whilst writing it. You're bloody psychic.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

Oh another idea for the theme: game within a game. For music that is used for in-game video games (whether we get to play them or not), or areas/episodes themed around the idea of being inside a video game.

Like, the Void Quest dungeon in Persona 4, or Journey Of The Prairie King from Stardew Valley.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel oooo, I like the idea, because I have a few I think.

Captain_Toad

Geez, it's finally over.

What about Bonus Stage themes!

A break in the game to gather up a few points.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

jedgamesguy

Only one I could think of in this area would be the Stardew Valley one, but also Justice Monsters Five, and the Celeste Pico-8 game. You could make a case for the text adventure segment of NieR but I'm not sure.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Anti-Matter

@Eel
"game within a game. For music that is used for in-game video games (whether we get to play them or not)"

So, is that mean like other Konami games song that being used on DDR or other Konami rhythm games ? (Example: Gradius theme, Twinbee theme, etc)

Anti-Matter

NF6429

@Eel Seems neat but limiting it only to games within a game seems a bit restricting. I'd Probably add minigames to the category aswell

NF6429

Captain_Toad

Minigame music would be nice.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Eel

I’d personally say, in this context, mini games is too broad. It would become the theme all by itself, instead of just an addition to “game within a game”.

Though of course it’s still just an idea.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic