Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best Final Boss Theme (Submissions Open!)

Posts 1,041 to 1,054 of 1,054

Fizza

Wanted to ask a query whilst I'm here: would you count M. Bison's Theme as a final boss theme? I've been contemplating submitting it (specifically his Alpha 2 version because it's not an absolute bop but also plays in a game where he is the final boss, aside from some exceptions involving specific codes/arcade paths and whatnot) but I'm worried it falls too much into the grey area between character theme and final boss theme. Let me know your opinion if you have one!

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
I will be on Splatoon brainrot for the next month, apologies in advance
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Eel

I would say that is ok if the song is the exact same used in the game where he is the final boss (the advantage would be having the same song with cleaner quality). But not if it’s just a remix in a game where he is not the final boss of any campaign or mode.

It would be kinda like adding a bunch of remixes from, say, smash bros.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JakedaArbok

I was planning on putting With Me from Sonic and the Black Knight onto here, but after looking at the past debacle, I’m going to stop at just one more Sonic song.
What I’m Made Of-Sonic Heroes

The Ultimate Show- Super Paper Mario
Masked Dedede Battle- Kirby Super Star Ultra ( on a technicality, as it’s the final boss of the mode, but it feels like a final boss; it’s up to y’all if you want to include this

JakedaArbok

Eel

Oh that’s right, someone should add Marx’s theme from Kirby Superstar as well, it’s a good one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

I'll be honest, I just assumed someone already had.

I'd say Masked Dedede is too much of a stretch, since Superstar Ultra is already just a series of smaller games and its neither the finale of the main game nor post-game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

ThePirateCaptain

I’ll start making the bracket this weekend so if there are any other songs you think of now is the time to add them!

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

BabyYoda71

@Eel Ooh that’s a good one!

I have one more, but I’m not sure if it counts. La Signora Fight - Genshin Impact is currently the final boss of the game, but it’s not fully released yet. I’d say it counts, because it’s the boss you fight at the end of the current story, but that will eventually change…

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic