Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,556

Anti-Matter

I add more Boss songs from Beatmania IIDX games by Konami.

Pf Concerto no.1 Anti-Ares from Beatmania IIDX 11 RED

冥 (Mei) from Beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY

嘆きの樹 (Nageki no Ki) from Beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD

VANESSA from Beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD

Mendes from Beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS

Fuchinkan CANDY from Beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

FroZtedFlake

Please. No more Beatmania or rhythm games

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Anti-Matter

@FroZtedFlake
They are also have Boss songs. (Extra Stage songs, Encore Extra Stage songs).
Also, there are still more Beatmania IIDX Boss songs from 17 SIRIUS until 30 RESIDENT.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

StarPoint

@Anti-Matter You always add a ton of Beatmania songs to every poll we do. Might just be more fun if there was more variety.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Anti-Matter

@StarPoint
I'm a rhythm gamer of Konami rhythm games, of course I knew a lot of songs from each Konami rhythm games from DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Gitadora, Pop'n Music, etc.
If you checked previous page, I have contributed some DDR and Drummania Boss songs.

Anti-Matter

FroZtedFlake

@Anti-Matter Yeah, that's what we're saying. I think it's fine if you add a couple but 15-20 from rhythm games is... a little much

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Anti-Matter

@FroZtedFlake
I played different games unlike everybody here so I have different knowledge about Boss songs since I knew a lot of Boss songs from rhythm games, not from RPG / Action / Adventure games even I knew also their Boss theme, I still prefer the Boss songs from Konami rhythm games more than any games I have ever played.
They have very unusual / interesting music pattern that sounds very cool or majestic for Boss songs than you can imagine, it was like beyond my expectation.

I have ever submitted my nomination Boss songs from DDR SuperNOVA from last tournament but only
Healing-D-Vision was the longest contender before it was eliminated since I only submitted four Boss songs.
This time I return with more Boss songs selection from other Konami rhythm games.
I still have more surprise from my sleeves.

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

@Anti-Matter This category is specifically final bosses of games - are all your nominations final bosses and not just normal ones?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Anti-Matter

@Dogorilla
Before I posted the songs, I checked their status from each series.
Mostly I pick them with status as Encore Extra Stage that supposedly as the Final Boss songs especially from Drummania, but there are some songs I chose from Extra Stage as they are more difficult than the Encore Extra Stage (DDR MAX - DDR EXTREME era)

Anti-Matter

Eel

It needs to be specifically the final challenge of the rhythm game, not just any hard one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

@TheJGG Always loved how the beginning of Calamity Ganon's Final Boss Theme harkened back to older Zelda's like Link to the Past. For a game known for not having that much music (for a Zelda game at least), the songs that are there are almost all incredible. Very excited to see what TOTK brings to the table

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Yeah, I have checked them from remywiki for every Boss songs I posted here.
Actually there are 3 DDR songs from DDR MAX until DDR EXTREME as Encore Extra Stage songs (The Final Challenge songs after beating the Extra Stage songs) despite they don't even sounds like majestic Final Boss songs theme but they have very strict rule, one misstep = instant Game Over.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Fizza

Wanted to ask a query whilst I'm here: would you count M. Bison's Theme as a final boss theme? I've been contemplating submitting it (specifically his Alpha 2 version because it's not an absolute bop but also plays in a game where he is the final boss, aside from some exceptions involving specific codes/arcade paths and whatnot) but I'm worried it falls too much into the grey area between character theme and final boss theme. Let me know your opinion if you have one!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

I would say that is ok if the song is the exact same used in the game where he is the final boss (the advantage would be having the same song with cleaner quality). But not if it’s just a remix in a game where he is not the final boss of any campaign or mode.

It would be kinda like adding a bunch of remixes from, say, smash bros.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JakedaArbok

I was planning on putting With Me from Sonic and the Black Knight onto here, but after looking at the past debacle, I’m going to stop at just one more Sonic song.
What I’m Made Of-Sonic Heroes

The Ultimate Show- Super Paper Mario
Masked Dedede Battle- Kirby Super Star Ultra ( on a technicality, as it’s the final boss of the mode, but it feels like a final boss; it’s up to y’all if you want to include this

“A fool and his money are soon parted.”
Proverbs 11:20
Switch Friend Code: SW-6009-5662-0517

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic