Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,108

Rogueleader0908

I had been meaning to ask this, are the Shattered Empire comics good and are the Darth Vader one good as well?

Rogueleader0908

Nintendo Network ID: Rogueleader0908

the_shpydar

@Rogueleader0908: The Darth Vader series is excellent. Highly recommended.
The recent Shattered Empire limited series (4 issues; it just wrapped up) was also a very cool story. I particularly enjoyed the 4th issue, which included Luke being awesome.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Henmii

"Inquisitors have yet be explained in Cannon to my knowledge"

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, I also hope we get more backstory this season. Its the first time they talked about the death of the "grand inquisitor" (the one from season 1), that there is a job-opening (it looked like the seventh sister wanted Ezra to join their merry band), and the question "how many are there exactly?"

The seventh sister looked also very cool. Both the seventh sister and fifth brother used the force, so they really are force-users. The seventh sister knows Ahsoka, and looks very familiar. Isn't she someone from the clone wars? Also, Kanaan probably knows much more about the inquisitors then he tells. Questions, questions...

So far I like the season. Its still no Clone wars, and I don't give much about the Ghost crew. But it definitely goes up as far as athmosphere and cool looking stuff goes.

Oh, and Ventress: Yeah, she was more a assasin trained by Dooku instead of Dooku's apprentice.

Henmii

LaserdiscGal

Holy cow, the new international trailer just dropped, and I gotta say it's the best trailer yet!

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

shingi_70

These last two episodes of rebels were great. I loved the Hondo episoide even more seeing Rex and friends. Hondos line about being friends with a Jedi made me smile. One of the best characters in Clone Wars.

I finished Dark Disciple and its by Far my favorite book so far, even moreso than New Dawn. It's a nice Coda to the Clone Wars and I'm hoping that the other unfinished CW arcs can get this same reverance.

On to Lost Stars!

@Darth_Vader

Man those Kylo Ren moments look so good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DefHalan

@shingi_70: I haven't seen the Hondo episode yet but when I saw the preview after last week's episode I started to feel like Rebels Season 2 is just a sequel to the Clone Wars series. I like the Rebels characters and want to see more about them, without every episode trying to remind me of the Clone Wars series. I still enjoy the show and will continue to watch, it is just a small complaint.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shingi_70

@DefHalan: Thankfully it seems like Clone Wars cameos are being front loaded, and this season is 22 episodes. Next week is a Hera focused episode which is great, as her and Sabine are the least developed.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

GrailUK

Ow I hope that isn't Chewie lying dead in the trailer

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

the_shpydar

@GrailUK: I had that same thought, since you can kind of see what looks like hair/fur on the body. Of course, that could just be whatever clothing the dead character is wearing (like some sort of parka or something), but still ...

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

GrailUK

@the_shpydar: Well, if Jar Jar Abrams wants the viewer to hate a bad guy more than Darth Vader...he could do worse than have him kill Chewie off I guess.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

LaserdiscGal

Well as long as he isn't crushed by a moon...

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Henmii

@GrailUK,

Chewie, nooooooo!!

On a sidenote: While I am still highly hyped for the movie, I really hope there's some silly Starwars humor in it. Because as somebody said before: It looks like they sucked all humor out of it. Though I heard Simon Pegg is in it. Surely he ads some humor (but boy, is he in every movie nowadays?! Besides, I am not that big of a Simon Pegg fan)!

Also: No Rebel-toothpick light-sabers luckily. These new light-sabers have more detail. They have somekind of electrical buzz around them. Nice!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

shingi_70

The rebels lighstabers are purposlly thing to be a bit more like the Ralph Mcquaire artwork.

As for the movie sabers I noticed the buzz around Kylo Ren's Saber but not finns.

WAT!

Henmii

If everything goes to plan, then I am in the cinema on December 17th. I watch it in 2D though. I find 3D to be a bit distracting, especially since I have to put the glasses over my normal glasses. Besides, 3D makes darkness in movies even more dark. The last Pirates of the carribean was very dark in 3D.

"As for the movie sabers I noticed the buzz around Kylo Ren's Saber but not finns"

You may be right! Ign thinks the lightsaber is made by scraps. And because it isn't proffesionaly made, its unstable. Hence the buzz. Sounds plausible.

Oh, and I probably am a bit behind on this but I finally saw a picture that confirms that the stick from Rey is a double-lightsaber. Wich means there are 2 heroes (2 Jedi's) this time. Wonder how that will work.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

LaserdiscGal

Untitled

LaserdiscGal

ThePirateCaptain

I can't believe a new Star Wars movie is actually coming out this week! I expect it to be huge, but hopefully the theaters won't be too packed so I'll at least get to see it over Christmas Break.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

LaserdiscGal

Just a reminder, the world premier/Press Screening starts tonight. So if you don't want to be spoiled, avoid the internet starting today at 5pm pst.

LaserdiscGal

GamecubeMan

Aw man, Im probably not going to be able to avoid spoilers. I remember when Fallout 4 came out a page I like literally changed the page name to the big spoiler.......

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Octane

Don't want to spoil anything, but the movie was amazing!

Octane

LaserdiscGal

Octane wrote:

Don't want to spoil anything, but the movie was amazing!

Untitled

I even made @Iggly come in this thread to make sure you didn't post a spoiler...

LaserdiscGal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic