Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 2,624

Sakura_Fox

Hi I'm kinda new? I had an account years ago but lost my log in.

I'm Kristin and I'm from the states. I've had Nintendo consoles since I was 5 (I'm 32 now) and I just can't seem to play anything else. I love that Nintendo stays apolitical and is very creative and not afraid to be seen as "for kids" because Nintendo makes games for EVERYONE!

I used to be on Nintendo's official forums back in the day (2004-2005) and I miss using forums to communicate with other gamers.

So I'm hoping to have a great time here and maybe play AC;NL with someone:D

Sakura_Fox

jedgamesguy

@Sakura_Fox You certainly have more experience than I do with forums, I've only been here two years. Welcome (back), and guaranteed it'll be a great time indeed. Aside from AC, which Ninty series catch your eye?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Sakura_Fox

@TheJGG Thank you!

And for other games, I love Zelda, Mario, and Kirby.

Sakura_Fox

Sparrow5579

Hi! I been reading Nintendo life for a while and decided it's time I joined the forums!
I'm a happily married 20 something guy to an amazing wife and doggy. I love gaming, I have had many consoles but because of life found the switch the best console for me. I love anime and I love drawing! I'm hoping to become a t-shirt designer and commission artist.
I'm currently playing between:
Disgaea 5
Shin megami 5
Dragon quest 11
Nice to meet y'all 😊

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

Sparrow5579

@Kermit1 thank you! Will be nice to meet people!

michaelpohara

Greetings and Salutations,

I'm Mike. I'm in my mid-40s, and have had Nintendo consoles since the NES days (with the exception of the SNES and N64). I also do a fair bit of collecting and importing on the side, and I love to play shmups! I bought my grandson (who's 8) a Switch Lite for Christmas this last year, and my wife of 15 years has recently expressed interest in her own Switch console. My 9-5 job is quality assurance and compliance for a business client I have, and my wife works for a mortgage company.

"It is better to stay silent and let people assume you are a fool, than to speak and confirm their assumptions."

BruceCM

That's a good selection, @Sparrow5579 .... Are you familiar with the Disgaea games? Just it might last hundreds of hours if you want to beat the optional super-boss

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Sparrow5579

@BruceCM Cheers and it is my first disgaea game but I am aware the length and thats the reason I got it, I quite like having a game that I can come and go from over a long time, especially one you can spend a lot of time on character building and stay building etc

Mioaionios

Oh nice, an introductions thread.
I guess most of you have already see me post on numerous other threads, so I guess a proper introduction is in order.

I'm as much a Disney fan as I'm a Nintendo fan. Both companies and their entertainment have been with me for my entire life, 38 years and counting. Not everything they have produced in the past might have been of high quality, they both stumbled along the way, but I always stood by them hoping for better days ahead. And I'm happy I did because I feel both Disney and Nintendo have never done better than these last couple of years in providing me with so much entertainment.

On a personal note, and I hope I don't scare people away with this, I have a mental disability that makes me unable to work. I've been suffering from depressions and anxieties since puberty. Years of therapy have made me able to cope with it, teached me to recognize the symptoms and how to act on them, but there's no such thing as a cure. I learned to live with it, but it's not always easy.

It is especially during the hard times that movies and video games mean so much to me. Disney's and Nintendo's lighthearted entertainment have been a blessing on numerous occasions. Without them, it would be much harder to climb out of the dark pit I often find myself in.

Nintendo Life's community has been very welcoming and I've been enjoying my time on the website so far. Hopefully it'll remain that way for many years to come.

Mioaionios

michaelpohara

Kermit1 wrote:

@michaelpohara Welcome! nice pfp!

Thanks! Believe it or not, this is how I look in (mostly) real life.

"It is better to stay silent and let people assume you are a fool, than to speak and confirm their assumptions."

jedgamesguy

Good time to join up, Nintendo Direct!! I'll make like a headless chicken and dance around the room like I just don't care!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Geekstillafterallthe

Hi I'm luke and I have been playing Nintendo systems almost my entire life. I am currently trying to fix that by branching out to other systems.

Have a great day yall

Geekstillafterallthe

michaelpohara

@Kairu - I didn't even know Push Square was a sister site until I tried registering for a new account.

Maxenmus

Felt like joining a forum for discussion now that I've got countless hours of SMT on the 3DS awaiting me, so I found this neat little haven.

Hi yall, I'm a 32 years old Chinese Singaporean. My first Nintendo games (that I could recall) were, of course, Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow on the Gameboy Color, before I went through multiple Nintendo consoles playing numerous Pokémon titles, including Gameboy Pocket/SP, NDS/3DS, and finally, my current Nintendo Switch. Eventually, I moved on from Pokémon to Animal Crossing, but nowadays, as you can tell from my avatar, I'm an obsessed SMT fan who just started Strange Journey: Redux on the 3DS.

After completing SMT V on my Switch, I was eager to explore more of the rich SMT universe, so I went on a 3DS shopping spree, purchasing from Amazon SMT IV, IVA, Strange Journey Redux, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor: Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (I also just pre-ordered Soul Hackers 2 on Steam). It might seem like like fanaticism, but both SMT Nocturne and SMT V just sucked me into the surreal universe. The whole concept of the franchise (fighting God and Satan to win the throne and conquer the universe) and the rich mythology of the demons spanning multiple cultures, there's just so much to discover here that I have no regrets spending so much.

Overall, I had a fun and enriching experience, especially after having just completed SMT IV yesterday. The storytelling was engaging with its twists and turns on a grand epic scale clashing with gods and demons, the universe immersive with its numerous characters sharing their views on the universe, and multiple dialogue options leading to multiple endings is always fun for me. I've barely started on Strange Journey: Redux and it's already impressing me quite a bit with its thrilling tale of soldiers on an expedition to save Earth being trapped in a demon dimension. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

And I can't wait to further share my joy with you lovely folks down here at Nintendo Life. Hope to see yall around.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

jedgamesguy

Hey @Maxenmus pleasure to meet you! I'm by no means a SMT fan but I can see why SMTV appealed to you so much, it has such an unsettling atmosphere, plus the religious undertones make it a really interesting game thematically.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic