Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,461 to 2,478 of 2,478

ogo79

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 Does it still work?

yes...
maybe

NintendoByNature wrote:

@ogo79 not authentic unless there are pizza stains on it. Can you confirm if this is the case?

the real question is what stains arent on it

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@NintendoByNature
it should be there yesterday

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Luigi05

Let's see... I've been here for more than a week already, but hi! I'm Luigi05 and like most people here, I enjoy collecting and playing nintendo classics.

Your first anything is important; a memory you don't want to forget. That's what makes nostalgia such a fascinating concept. That's why many people enjoy games that have aged well.

Anti-Matter

@Sdelintwouters
Hiya. 😀
Hajimemashite.
So you were a new member here.
Pardon for my last comment on certain thread.
My name in here is Anti-Matter (based on DDR X2 boss song since I am a huge fan of Dance Dance Revolution games), my real name is David, from Indonesia. 🇮🇩

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

MarioLover92

@Sdelintwouters Welcome to Nintendo Life I've been on the NL boards for a few years now and I like it - I hope you enjoy your stay. I'm a massive Super Mario fan, but I do like Mega Man quite a bit too! (Other series I like include Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Sonic the Hedgehog.) I first played the MM series via Mega Man 3 back in 2002 (I was 10 at the time), but it wasn't until I got Mega Man Anniversary Collection when I really started to get into the Blue Bomber. Sorry to hear about your father, by the way.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

MarioLover92

@Sdelintwouters My dad is literally the same way, he loves the 2D games but doesn't care for the 3D ones. I enjoy both 2D and 3D Mario games personally. I have a younger brother who's really into Pokemon, just as much as I am into Mario, lol.

Yeah, as much as I love Mario, there's just a few games that I don't like, namely Mario is Missing, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and Mario Kart Tour. MiM was an absolute borefest, PM:SS had this dumb sticker gimmick that limits how many times you can attack enemies, and MKT had some of the worst controls I've ever used in a game.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Mega Man & Bass either. That game is insanely hard for all the wrong reasons...I once quit playing it when I was trying to fight that jet boss near the end of the game. The GBA version is even worse due to its smaller screen.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@Sdelintwouters A very informative read, actually. Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you're aware of this already, but they're usually more chill than the main site.

Currently playing: Luigi's Mansion 3, Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

MarioLover92

@Sdelintwouters Huh. That explains the game's level design then, it is indeed quite a bit easier as Bass. If only Mega Man had his Rush abilities and energy tanks, at least...most of the MM games have those.

Just throwing this out there, my favorite MM game is Mega Man X - picking a favorite classic series game is a bit hard for me, but I'd probably say it's Mega Man 9.

X-Slayer

Hey there everyone. I’m, as you may have guessed, a Metroid fan (though I also like other franchises). I like Zelda games as Breath of the Wild and Twilight Princess. My first console was second hand NES in 1995, which I mainly played Super Mario Bros 1 before buying a SNES from a cousin a year later. Here I got introduced to a few games that I came to like a lot, like the first two Donkey Kong Country games, Super Metroid, which would soon become one of my favorites franchises, and a few other games.

I didn’t stick playing a lot with SNES as my birthday in either 1998 or 1999 (don’t remember which 😅) I get a N64 from one of my older cousins. And so, I somewhat catch up with the new Nintendo consoles where I played Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time (I traded my Megaman 64 {Leyends in PSX} to obtain Ocarina), Super Smash Bros, Mario Party 1, 2 (3 had not released, Jet Force Gemini and later I played DK 64, Kirby 64, Paper Mario and finally Mario Party 3.

The Game Cube I obtained in 2003, as I saw it one day at a store a year before I got it thanks to my parents. Since I was one of those naive kids, I thought I could always rent games, until some stores started to sell the SNES games when the Game Cube releases. as I was more aware of things by then, I started to buy some SNES games like Super Metroid, Mario All Stars and Killer Instinct (though I suck at making long combos 😂).

Back to Game Cube, the first games I bought Super Smash Bros Melee, which I played for like a year. I was blown away by how much better it was compared to 64. Me and a younger cousin played a lot until Brawl on Wii. Literally each new game I obtained by saving school money had me captivated by how different each was like Mario Sunshine, Luigi’s Mansion, Zelda Wind Waker, Megaman X Command Mission, Kirby Air Ride, Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, Mario Kart Double Dash, Metroid Prime and Paper Mario to mention some.

From Wii my most memorable games are few like Smash Brawl, Mario Galaxy 1, Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Kirby’s Return to Dreamland. Most of this time I continued buying Game Cube games since most of the 3rd party casual games in this console don’t appeal to me. I skipped the Wii U because it didn’t had enough type of games that interest me. I stayed with the Wii and later got a 3DS where I got Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario 3D Land, Smash Bros for 3DS, Zelda Majora’s Mask 3D and Metroid Samus Returns.

Sorry for the long post. Just thought to share some of the games I like.

The World of ZDR, is changing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Metroid Dread (mid frequently)
Pokémon Y (mid frequently)
Ys Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokémon Gold (3DS)

X-Slayer

Hello, @Sdelintwouters. I too was happy to see one of my childhood characters make it to Smash. While I didn’t mention Megaman, I did played the Aniversary Collection of Game Cube and a few months ago I get Legacy Collection 1 & 2. Here’s hoping Megaman X make it to Smash 6 in the successor of the Switch. X was my first introduction to the Megaman franchise back in the SNES

The World of ZDR, is changing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Metroid Dread (mid frequently)
Pokémon Y (mid frequently)
Ys Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokémon Gold (3DS)

Pizzamorg

Hey all my name is Locke. Been a long ole time since I used a forum, but I missed having a place to hang out. Reddit never feels quite as personal, you know?

About me - I'll try to keep it brief. I didn't grow up with Nintendo in quite the same way others my age did but the Gameboy (and every iteration of it) formed a pretty big part of my gaming growing up years - mostly thanks to Pokemon. I have never owned a NES/SNES or an N64. My Dad's partner owned a Gamecube and then years later picked up a Wii (as did my Sister), so I did play around on some games but as they weren't my own, I don't have a huge memory of anything really other than Mario Sunshine and Wii Sports.

When I was bit older, I did pick myself up one of the DS iterations mostly again for Pokemon but haven't really been in the Nintendo loop for a long time. I picked up a Switch for Monster Hunter Rise (I know a PC release is coming but I am impatient) and have also taken this as an opportunity to check out some things I missed out on over the years. In the process of doing that, I discovered Nintendo Life's YouTube channel and really enjoyed the content and have sort of branched out from there.

So yeah, kinda rambled longer than intended. Sorry.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: I am Setsuna, Splatoon 2, Cruis'n Blast.
Non-Switch games I am currently playing: Far Cry 6, Life is Strange: True Colors.

Pizzamorg

@Sdelintwouters I have honestly dabbled in a bit of everything over my lifetime. Started with the MegaDrive, then the PS1, then my Gameboy iterations and the PC, then the PS2, then the 360, then the PS4 and then predominantly PC. With a little dabbling in between with some of the opposite consoles I didn't main in that generation - Xbox, PS3, Xbox One etc maybe some stuff I am forgetting. I also have a Series X basically gathering dust, I am just waiting for it to give me a reason to play it.

Nintendo has just always been my blindspot, as the sort of pillar Nintendo franchises hold no real interest to me.

My probably all time favourite game is probably BioShock. I haven't replayed any other game quite as many times or got a tattoo in tribute for any other game. Probably followed a close second by Mass Effect. In terms of sheer hours, I have sunk probably the most into either TF2 or across the Destiny franchises (through the original, 2 and the various expansions). However, as an adult, I find a FPS has to be really special for me now to really care about it.

I am much more into RPGs these days. I love having my own character who I build and shape.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Non-Switch games I am currently playing: Far Cry 6, Life is Strange: True Colors.

Pizzamorg

Sdelintwouters wrote:

Pizzamorg wrote:

...as the sort of pillar Nintendo franchises hold no real interest to me.

I can relate to this. Most Nintendo franchises don't do much for me either, except for Smash Bros and the occasional 2D Mario platformer. Ever since the NES I mostly played games from other companies on my Nintendo systems. During the N64 - GC era, the drought of third party games was so extreme I had to buy myself a PS2 and XBOX to compensate. I also played a lot of PC games during that time, mostly RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Diablo, but also some FPSs like Half Life and Unreal Tournament.

I hope those days of third party drought on Nintendo systems is behind us because I'll always prefer to play on Nintendo hardware.

I definitely still prefer my PC for most things, but I have already gotten way more out of my Switch than I ever expected to. Like I really forgot about the simple pleasure of playing a game in bed. The small screen and the JoyCons aren't great for everything, I am not a fan of playing Rise in handheld at all, but for example I am currently going through Fire Emblem Three Houses and treating myself to an hour or so every night of that in bed before going to sleep, which has become a wonderful part of my daily ritual.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Crow_Black

hi i'm new here but only now started posting nice to meet you guys.

Crow_Black

Switch Friend Code: SW-7258-0873-7887 | My Nintendo: Blackrazor187 | Twitter:

reporterdavid

@Luigi05 Hello! @Crow_Black Hi there Welcome.

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027

Hatsurikat

Hello all!

The first touches I had with gamers were playing always as Luigi with my sisters Nintendo. My first console was the original Playstation and the first game was Crash Bandicoot 2. After a long run with Playstation, couple of years ago my wife got me the Switch for birthday and. Though my taste in gaming is varied, from Civilization to Splatoon via Zelda, I tend to enjoy well-crafted stories in games the most.

That'll be all, have a nice day everyone!

Currently playing:
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2 (Switch)
Ghost of Tshushima (PS4)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic