Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 2,624

MarioVillager92

@Sdelintwouters My dad is literally the same way, he loves the 2D games but doesn't care for the 3D ones. I enjoy both 2D and 3D Mario games personally. I have a younger brother who's really into Pokemon, just as much as I am into Mario, lol.

Yeah, as much as I love Mario, there's just a few games that I don't like, namely Mario is Missing, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and Mario Kart Tour. MiM was an absolute borefest, PM:SS had this dumb sticker gimmick that limits how many times you can attack enemies, and MKT had some of the worst controls I've ever used in a game.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Mega Man & Bass either. That game is insanely hard for all the wrong reasons...I once quit playing it when I was trying to fight that jet boss near the end of the game. The GBA version is even worse due to its smaller screen.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@Sdelintwouters A very informative read, actually. Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you're aware of this already, but they're usually more chill than the main site.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Sdelintwouters Huh. That explains the game's level design then, it is indeed quite a bit easier as Bass. If only Mega Man had his Rush abilities and energy tanks, at least...most of the MM games have those.

Just throwing this out there, my favorite MM game is Mega Man X - picking a favorite classic series game is a bit hard for me, but I'd probably say it's Mega Man 9.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Pizzamorg

Hey all my name is Locke. Been a long ole time since I used a forum, but I missed having a place to hang out. Reddit never feels quite as personal, you know?

About me - I'll try to keep it brief. I didn't grow up with Nintendo in quite the same way others my age did but the Gameboy (and every iteration of it) formed a pretty big part of my gaming growing up years - mostly thanks to Pokemon. I have never owned a NES/SNES or an N64. My Dad's partner owned a Gamecube and then years later picked up a Wii (as did my Sister), so I did play around on some games but as they weren't my own, I don't have a huge memory of anything really other than Mario Sunshine and Wii Sports.

When I was bit older, I did pick myself up one of the DS iterations mostly again for Pokemon but haven't really been in the Nintendo loop for a long time. I picked up a Switch for Monster Hunter Rise (I know a PC release is coming but I am impatient) and have also taken this as an opportunity to check out some things I missed out on over the years. In the process of doing that, I discovered Nintendo Life's YouTube channel and really enjoyed the content and have sort of branched out from there.

So yeah, kinda rambled longer than intended. Sorry.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

@Sdelintwouters I have honestly dabbled in a bit of everything over my lifetime. Started with the MegaDrive, then the PS1, then my Gameboy iterations and the PC, then the PS2, then the 360, then the PS4 and then predominantly PC. With a little dabbling in between with some of the opposite consoles I didn't main in that generation - Xbox, PS3, Xbox One etc maybe some stuff I am forgetting. I also have a Series X basically gathering dust, I am just waiting for it to give me a reason to play it.

Nintendo has just always been my blindspot, as the sort of pillar Nintendo franchises hold no real interest to me.

My probably all time favourite game is probably BioShock. I haven't replayed any other game quite as many times or got a tattoo in tribute for any other game. Probably followed a close second by Mass Effect. In terms of sheer hours, I have sunk probably the most into either TF2 or across the Destiny franchises (through the original, 2 and the various expansions). However, as an adult, I find a FPS has to be really special for me now to really care about it.

I am much more into RPGs these days. I love having my own character who I build and shape.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Pizzamorg

Sdelintwouters wrote:

Pizzamorg wrote:

...as the sort of pillar Nintendo franchises hold no real interest to me.

I can relate to this. Most Nintendo franchises don't do much for me either, except for Smash Bros and the occasional 2D Mario platformer. Ever since the NES I mostly played games from other companies on my Nintendo systems. During the N64 - GC era, the drought of third party games was so extreme I had to buy myself a PS2 and XBOX to compensate. I also played a lot of PC games during that time, mostly RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Diablo, but also some FPSs like Half Life and Unreal Tournament.

I hope those days of third party drought on Nintendo systems is behind us because I'll always prefer to play on Nintendo hardware.

I definitely still prefer my PC for most things, but I have already gotten way more out of my Switch than I ever expected to. Like I really forgot about the simple pleasure of playing a game in bed. The small screen and the JoyCons aren't great for everything, I am not a fan of playing Rise in handheld at all, but for example I am currently going through Fire Emblem Three Houses and treating myself to an hour or so every night of that in bed before going to sleep, which has become a wonderful part of my daily ritual.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Shroudednightmare

hi i'm new here but only now started posting nice to meet you guys.

Shroudednightmare

reporterdavid

@Luigi05 Hello! @Crow_Black Hi there Welcome.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Hatsurikat

Hello all!

The first touches I had with gamers were playing always as Luigi with my sisters Nintendo. My first console was the original Playstation and the first game was Crash Bandicoot 2. After a long run with Playstation, couple of years ago my wife got me the Switch for birthday and. Though my taste in gaming is varied, from Civilization to Splatoon via Zelda, I tend to enjoy well-crafted stories in games the most.

That'll be all, have a nice day everyone!

Currently playing:
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2 (Switch)
Ghost of Tshushima (PS4)

Zenchuk

Hello,

I’ve been lurking for a while until I felt like posting something so I made an account. Now I enjoy posting my thoughts on this website.

I enjoy all sorts of games. Though I don’t have much time to play anymore. (Adulting)

Like the switch as I can pick it right up, and set it down quick if I have to.

People here seem nice. So I think I’ll stick around.

Zenchuk

Zenchuk

Snatcher

@Zenchuk Welcome, Sure do hope you like it here, But I would like to ask you somthin, Have you been going to past thread post just for the fun of reading them? because I was talking about if people do this the other day.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Zenchuk

@Snatcher

Yeah… I mostly do it at work though when things are slow and I don’t have anything productive to do… It’s a way to pass time I suppose. I think there are a lot of lurkers out there.

Think of it as reading those columns in the paper where people express their opinions on whatever subject. Here you can choose a subject and get many different opinions. Think that makes sense lol

Zenchuk

Snatcher

@Zenchuk Thank you, Now I can live happily again.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

dopey-grin

Old school Nintendo and pc gamer here. I’ve been reading gaming journalism for at least 10 years. Also a composer/musician and love 8bit music.

dopey-grin

GianCann

Hello there! Merry Christmas!

GianCann

Mikmoomamimocki

Hi, the name's Mikmoomamimocki. I've been reading on Nintendo Life for a while now but only recently made an account. These forums are cool because most people here are Nintendo nerds like I am.

Mikmoomamimocki

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic