Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 3,686

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Where did you send it to? If you mentioned it in the edit, it's not going to land in my inbox, and I couldn't find any other e-mail.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I put it in an old comment section, then deleted. Maybe it was too old. I’ll try a newer section.

@NEStalgia - Thanks for the kind words. I also attempted to send you my email via an old thread.

@Captain_Toad - Thanks for the advice, it’s noted, but I’m a stubborn, old fool. Take care.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee I still got nothing...
It shouldn't make any difference in which thread you post, though. Might be that you deleted it too quickly,
or perhaps a slight miss-typing of my name?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Not everybody mistypes your name, you know!

@bimmy-lee Yeah, I'm not getting anything either. I've noticed notifications tend to be pretty slow though...maybe it has to sit and ferment a while before emails are sent?

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Notifications are working just fine for me. Your mumblings just landed in my inbox as we speak...

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Much appreciated. We still have a future visit to Amsterdam's Beer King to plan...

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Some day my friend. I’ve posted and haven’t deleted. Check your notifications and heart the post, then I’ll delete.
@NEStalgia

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee The eagle has landed. Delete away, my friend.

CanisWolfred

Anti-Matter was a troll. I can't believe he wasn't banned sooner. He was hard-headed, pushed his views with a fervor that would make some priests blush, and derailed numerous discussions just to so he could repeat the same shpiel over and over again, in spite of numerous warnings from the moderation team. I don't even check most of the site anymore and I've seen at least 3, I'd be shocked if it wasn't more than that. So for those worrying that he was banned due to how many downvotes his posts were getting: don't. This was just the result of an escalating series of issues that has been going on for years.

For those still intent on leaving over the issue, you will be missed. For the rest, just keep calm. Report the trolls, and trust that the mods will deal with the worst offenders in short order. They've been doing well enough from what I've seen, though comment sections in general seem to attract the loudest people, for both good and ill.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ThanosReXXX

@CanisWolfred In his defense, he's not a troll by design or on purpose. His English language skills are poor, and coupled with his autism, and his strong beliefs about only playing what he thinks are appropriate games sometimes tends to lead to needlessly strong wordings and discussions. Unfortunately, it would seem that this same lack of skills comes into play with understanding other people's views, and or correctly communicating with them.

I've seen plenty of actual trolls on here, goading people, laughing at them, insulting them and taking pleasure in all of it, and Anti-Matter is not one of those people, regardless of how extreme he can sometimes be.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Bing, bang, boom, I’m out the room. Logging out and not logging back in. Write me any time. Until we have that beer together (or 10), cheers!

limby-bee was a jerk.

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred nah, that's excessively harsh. A troll instigates for their own amusement, usually without even agreeing with the things they're saying. A-m was no troll. I understand why he may have annoyed some, or been disruptive, but he never trolled, he was just preachy and repetitive about his unpopular opinions. If he wasnt so repetitive about the same exact thing over and over i don't think many people would have been annoyed. There area few real trolls around, too clever with their plausible deniability. I'd take his stubborn repeats over their malicious poison any day.

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

@NEStalgia We'll have to agree to disagree. Me personally? I wasn't convinced they believed what they were saying, they came off more like a child that found the trick that garnered themselves the most attention, and repeated it ad nausem until everyone was thoroughly sick of it. Then again, I stopped putting up with it a long time ago and put them on my ignore list.

I'm personally just happy we can all finally move on. I'm gonna be perfectly honest: The only Anti-Matter I wanna hear about from here on out is the kind that gets us to other planets in a timely manner.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee: Man, seems like a lot of stuff went down in the last 24 hours I was off the forums. I understand taking a break; I did for a few days after that horrible comment section related to that Smash Ultimate campaign. I'm sorry to read that this may be a permanent vacation for you. I don't believe we've interacted much, but I always notice when a regular leaves.

Anyway, take the time off that you need, even if it's permanent. And remember - we're all Nintendo fans. 😉

Personally, I think I'll be scaling down my presence in the articles on the main site. Less and less of those comment sections are worth my time, sanity, and forehead pain (from facepalming).

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred for better or worse I'm firmly confident hes genuine, not trolling. He's a bit...erm... Troubled? But genuine and well meaning, which I'm sure is why the mods cut him a lot of slack. I don't think anyone wanted to cause him distress if avoidable, and im sure the banning is doing just that. I can't blame you for not wanting to bother, but i do feel sad about it since ultimately i think he's a nice guy, and socializing here was important to him. His at times child like nature brightened the mood, but also i can respect he has tons of artistic talent i never will, and managed to be fairly fluently trilingual.

NEStalgia

erv

@NEStalgia I can appreciate a bit of trolling. I can be tongue in cheek stingy as well. If you find you're getting on peoples nerves too much, the fun ends - because the joke has lost some of its appeal. I think many people don't have some kind of sensor to get a feel for when something can be fun for some (it never can be fun for everyone at the same time, mind!) or stops being that.

In my own case, if any of you ever think my poking fun is too much, I invite people to just say so. We're all just posting text having conversations, lots of stuff gets lost in translation. I personally don't ignore anyone, because I like being challenged and being surprised by some emotional attachment to views or simply new views I hadn't considered. I don't know if I'm on anyone's ignore list because of my silly joking sometimes.

I'm not too sure what to think about the bans or the community maintenance. I think it's a tough line sometimes. You have to want to have a community where people can fiercely disagree. That's very important - yet treating other people with a sense of dignity in the process. If someone tells me they're going to save up for an xbox one I'm not calling them names. I'll send them thoughts and prayers

Argh. Too meta. But people get the point I guess.

Still like the community a lot. I miss some of the more meaningful conversations. Sometimes they seem to have "left" in favour of the more superficial. And you need some controversy to forward a conversation usually. I must admit, I spend a lot of time gaming instead of posting, yet all the fun we have together means something even to a guy like me. I'm not sure whether the banhammer is obsolete - I sure think you don't use it properly if you use it on an outspoken regular of the community. Mute someone for 2 weeks or so with a welcome back to lighten up if things get out of hand perhaps.

I usually read this thread once it pops up in the all topics list. I must've missed it a few times. I don't like it when we lose one of us.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Tiefseemiez

@bimmy-lee
It's never a good reason to leave if you think there are too many awful people around.
Instead the decent ones should rather stand their ground.
People should be nice and reasonable to keep the internet a good place for everyone.

I absolutely agree that Anti-Matter didn't harm anyone and (though I don't know every recent post of him) should not have been banned for stuff he posted. I rarely agreed with his opinion and to me he was somehow a flat character in the way he always had very predictable opinions of things. But to his defense he wasn't a native speaker and sometimes probably couldn't phrase his thoughts as freely and clearly as many others on here, which probably triggered a couple of people to believe he was being aggressive towards certain topics. I think he was passionate and couldn't phrase things well enough instead.

I find it interesting though how he recently became the subject of discussions so often though he was on here for quite some time.

Also the new down vote feature probably can turn into cyber-mobbing in cases like this and should be replaced for a "inappropriate comment" option instead. Otherwise it is just a means of mainstreaming opinions until everyone has the same one.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

CanisWolfred

Tiefseemiez wrote:

@bimmy-lee
It's never a good reason to leave if you think there are too many awful people around.

Actually no, that's the best reason to leave. The Internet is an ocean, no need to stay in the one spot everyone's collectively urinating in.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic