Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,441 to 96,460 of 96,845

EllaTheQueen6

@AnVold We had an election actually. Eagly won, and I'm vice president because Iwas the main advertiser

Let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures and drink uranium juice!
President of the Chit-Chat thread, as Eagly has unfortunately deleted his account :(

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

Yousef-

@EllaTheQueen6 goddamn. The Nintendo life chit chat thread Presidential race sounds mighty intense.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

54 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7391-1388-5607 | My Nintendo: Yousef

Yousef-

@Pastellioli yeah, it doesn’t help how prideful Nintendo acts every time months pass with only a few titles being added. Yesterday it acted as if the M-rated announcement was like announcing a new console. It’s clearly overtly proud of releasing a few roms. XD

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

EllaTheQueen6

@Yousef- It was very, very intense. I almost lost my life
Grinding in Harvest Moon while I have The Mentalist playing in the background for noise is so nice

President of the Chit-Chat thread, as Eagly has unfortunately deleted his account :(

AnVold

@EllaTheQueen6 but it means that we need a new election. I wanna know more about candidates and their election programs.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

EllaTheQueen6

@AnVold Our first election wasn't even a year ago
Also all the main characters of the chit-chat thread kind of abandoned the site. Maybe soon we can have a new election though

Pastellioli

@Yousef- The M-rated app announcement was cool, but I think it would have been better if they released a handful of more games on there rather than just two, sort of like how there was a bigger lineup of games available the day the standard N64 subscription was released. I hope that the next game is released next month (though I’m doubtful) and is possibly another M-rated title. It would suck if the M-rated library was left mostly empty for most of the year.

Since there are six months of the year left and the N64 release schedule is usually one title every two months, I would have to guess that three more games are going to be released, but there have been times when they release two titles at the same time instead of one. They do sometimes do one game a month, which I feel would be a better release schedule. Just thinking about it is exciting! I need at least one of them to be a Rare title. It’d make me soooo happy.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Rare Replay, Conker: Live and Reloaded and Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage!
Current obsession: Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

Switch Friend Code: SW-1834-9478-0593

AnVold

@EllaTheQueen6 anyway, we need a political party that will be ready to take power entirely upon itself.

[Edited by AnVold]

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

EllaTheQueen6

@AnVold Trust me, as of right now I'm only collecting power
When I'm finished, the consequences shall be disasterous

AnVold

@EllaTheQueen6 with political party it may be more disasterous.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Yousef-

@Pastellioli it’s very tricky to accurately know what to discern from the release of the app. It could be a sign of tone-deaf management on Nintendo’s part, or a sign of heavy a corporate agenda that demands segregation between Mature and Family oriented content, it could also be a sign of things… not to come! Like a sign that the Switch 2 isn’t as close to us as we may thought, or, best case scenario, a sign of the entire NSO service migrating to Switch 2, no reset button in sight or starting from scratch like with the switch’s brand identity and how it felt mortally terrified of the slightest mention of the Wii U.

-Max Payne

Pastellioli

@Yousef- It would suck if the online service and retro titles doesn’t come over to the next console. I poured in so much progress and data into a lot of classic titles and I’d be sad if they never carried over. And yeah, it is hard to figure out when the next game is going to be released. Sometimes they do one N64 game every month or two, but they sometimes don’t do that and wait until a few more months pass, so it’s really hard to tell when the next N64 game will come since Nintendo isn’t the best with having a clear schedule for classic titles on NSO and they still don’t have an announced roadmap. I hope it isn’t long, but who knows.

I do think the reason they segregated the Mature titles with Everyone to Teen titles could possibly be to not raise the age rating of the main app and to make sure the more mature games are harder to be accessed by younger audiences. That’s what a lot of people have speculated when they released the 18+ N64 app in Japan back late last year, and those reasons definitely seem plausible.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Rare Replay, Conker: Live and Reloaded and Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage!

WoomyNNYes

@Pastellioli I had my friend code in my signature for over a year, and it said something like, "I only accept switch friend requests if you say "hi", or give me a heads up". In the end, only about 1 in 100 will actually give you heads up. It was rather surprising & amazing people were too shy to say something.(or maybe many of them didn't have accounts on NL?)

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Pastellioli

@WoomyNNYes Hm, I did actually have a feeling not everyone was going to do that. I wonder if a ton of friend requests await me. I do know some people are looking for Switch friends online!

Yousef-

Pastellioli wrote:

@Yousef- It would suck if the online service and retro titles doesn’t come over to the next console. I poured in so much progress and data into a lot of classic titles and I’d be sad if they never carried over. And yeah, it is hard to figure out when the next game is going to be released. Sometimes they do one N64 game every month or two, but they sometimes don’t do that and wait until a few more months pass, so it’s really hard to tell when the next N64 game will come since Nintendo isn’t the best with having a clear schedule for classic titles on NSO and they still don’t have an announced roadmap. I hope it isn’t long, but who knows.
I do think the reason they segregated the Mature titles with Everyone to Teen titles could possibly be to not raise the age rating of the main app and to make sure the more mature games are harder to be accessed by younger audiences. That’s what a lot of people have speculated when they released the 18+ N64 app in Japan back late last year, and those reasons definitely seem plausible.

Oh dam I didn’t reply. I got caught up in my return to dreamland playthrough. It’s a fun Kirby!
Yeah I wouldn’t put it past Nintendo to hit the reset button again. Industry standard don’t matter to em either.

Pastellioli wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Hm, I did actually have a feeling not everyone was going to do that. I wonder if a ton of friend requests await me. I do know some people are looking for Switch friends online!

I do actually get shy about giving people a heads up since I’m not sure how to approach unless they’re someone I’m already acquainted with. 😅

-Max Payne

Tyranexx

@MarioVillager92 Blue screen of death errors aren't usually very informative in my experience. Usually they're generic errors. Dedicated servers for online content are the way to go for stability, but the tradeoff is money. Something businesses usually like being frugal with. I know exactly which level in DKC3 you're talking about, and DANG did I hate that. XD

Conversely, I've just opened The Thousand Year Door. I'm not far in at all; I think I saved right before a boss encounter. I still hope to beat the game before I leave on vacation, but my week is VERY busy. I didn't manage to game at all yesterday. I agree with your Chapter 5 impressions, but I do like how that chapter finished up. Dragon Quest V is indeed a solid entry, even if some of the later DQs are a bit better from a gameplay perspective. It still has random encounters, which some people understandably dislike. This is something I don't mind as long as there's a way to adjust the encounter rate.

I do believe Elden Ring is by FromSoftware, the same devs as Dark Souls. I don't know about how the games are related outside of that though. I could probably play Souls-likes if I had the patience, but I game primarily to relax. I don't mind some challenge, but I also don't want to send a controller out the window. I did somewhat click with Monster Hunter Rise, but I didn't care for the grinding and sold my copy some time ago. I think I'll stick with the MonHun RPG spinoffs for now. I enjoyed playing Wii Sports with my family too; it's more enjoyable with others. It's very rare I play video games with others these days unless it's online stuff sadly. Bowling was my favorite, though weirdly enough I liked boxing. I sort of fell into most of my interests on my own. I do share my love of reading with my mom and sister, but I mostly prefer different genres compared to them. I gravitate towards fantasy, some sci-fi, historical fiction, and thrillers usually. Occasionally mysteries and mythology too.

Currently playing: Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy (Switch), Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Yousef-

@MarioVillager92 Oh yeah before I forget, hey man was wondering if I could send you a friend request. Based on your signature, you prefer being given a heads up. I don’t necessarily need someone for multiplayer, I just like adding cool people to my friends list. 😅
I’m always curious what others play!

-Max Payne

Anti-Matter

Something funny from my movie review after I watched Garfield 2024 movie and Inside Out 2.
I watched Garfield 2024 for four times at my local cinema XXI, while for Inside Out 2 only two times.
Garfield 2024 movie was not really that funny but it almost made me cry when Garfield realized his father Victor was really love him.
Inside Out 2 movie was okay but didn't evoke any my emotional feeling but giggle only in the part of Pouchy that looks like from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Both of those movies are weaker in my opinion compared with Super Mario Bros 2023 movie and Trolls 3.
I didn't plan to watch Garfield for four times but something that caught off guard was the fatherhood of Victor and Garfield, I almost cried to see that.
Well, I felt jealous to see the great relationship between father and son by other peoples while I did not really have good relationship with my father before he passed away 10 years ago.

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

Yousef- wrote:

I do actually get shy about giving people a heads up since I’m not sure how to approach unless they’re someone I’m already acquainted with. 😅

When I had my friend code in my signature, I didn't care who I added, I just wanted to know who they were here, in case I ever wanted to talk to them about a game they're playing. It was the main reason I put my friend code in my signature. I don't know if that's a unique perspective to have?

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Yousef-

WoomyNNYes wrote:

Yousef- wrote:

When I had my friend code in my signature, I didn't care who I added, I just wanted to know who they were here, in case I ever wanted to talk to them about a game they're playing. It was the main reason I put my friend code in my signature. I don't know if that's a unique perspective to have?

No that’s completely understandable. In fact now I’m in even weirder spot, where I feel shy asking who added me here because it’s surprisingly tricky to narrow it down without directly asking.

-Max Payne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic