Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 68,241 to 68,260 of 96,591

EllaTheQueen6

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika It's about DNA and chromosones and stuff. I don't need your help, I can do it, I'm just procrastinating.

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

EllaTheQueen6

Hey, I need to ask y'all a question. Are you guys ever laying in bed, and it's like, 2 AM and you can't tell if you just woke up in the middle of the night or just haven't been thinking for a while? I don't know how to explain the feeling.

Scooby-Doo

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko What you describe is a familiar feeling.

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.
Currently Playing on Switch: Chaos Head Noah, PARANORMASIGHT, Mega Man Series.

EllaTheQueen6

I'm gonna log off now for my own good. See y'all tomorrow.

Snatcher

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Snatcher I know a good movie is good regardless if it’s spoiled for you or not but I enjoy going in blind. If I know I’m gonna like something why learn anything else about it all it does is detract from the suprise.
I also really hate trailers Hollywoo marketers are more concerned with getting you into seats than making sure you enjoy tbe movie. Look at Morbius they put the post credit scene in the trailer. The ultimate culmination of spoilers. It’s about enjoyment if you can only experience something for a first time once I want it to be in the best conditions

This! I just like to go in blind, sometimes tho, getting spoiled is a blessing Lmao.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Sunsy

Busy again, though switched my Poppy profile pic to the one I had last year because Poppy's happy for Christmas! Once again, from the Holiday In Harmony special.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy We're planning on playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tonight if you wanna join me, at about 9:20 PM EDT. Sorry I couldn't write you back sooner... something just came up on my end today and I got distracted. If you can't make it tonight, that's fine, and you and I could play tomorrow or so instead. I love those two tracks too!
Nice, that's cool you're hanging up your ornament after so long. I remember getting my Nintendo 64 on Christmas when I was 5, and I still have that same N64, as well. I remember playing quite a lot of Mario Kart 64 back in the day... even though I wasn't great at it at the time, lol. Getting the GameCube on Christmas was another awesome memory for me, I got it with Luigi's Mansion and Super Smash Bros. Melee. Played a ton of both back in the day, especially SSBM.

It was a fun time playing that night.

Yeah, the old Mario ornament is now hanging the on the tree with the other ornaments. That's a cool memory, I remember getting a Super NES for Christmas with rentals of Super Mario Kart and Home Alone, and I enjoyed both. Funnily enough, they were the first two games I ever got too. Dad gave me Home Alone, and Mom surprised me with Mario Kart. That wasn't around Christmas time.

Thinking about consoles, I think I'm never getting them for Christmas anymore. Last one was 3DS, and servers crashed, lol. Wii U and Switch I got for my birthday, no problem updating. Because of server crashes, mom is even letting me update my Christmas game before it gets wrapped, to avoid headaches. I did this with Sonic Colors last year, not so much Mario & Sonic Olympics, it was a small patch.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy I'll be honest - I haven't really watched the Minions movies. I liked the first Despicable Me but haven't seen any of the sequels. But the gibbering of the Minions annoyed me pretty quickly. At least they make decent meme material lol. I haven't really seen The Secret Life of Pets either, but I did enjoy The Lorax and both Sing films.
Pizza is suitable for almost any occasion IMO. It's so customizable and is loved by almost everyone. What's even better is enjoying it with friends or family with great discussion topics like your movie outing.

The first Minions IMO was ok, it's silly, but really picks up in the end. Still can be a fun watch, the sequel however was excellent and felt like a Despicable Me prequel. I also liked the Sing movies, again, I haven't been really disappointed with Illumination movies. I will admit, hating Illumination because of Minions does overtake any actual good criticism on the studio itself.

Definitely, having pizza after a movie is great. Both after the second Trolls World Tour showing and The Grinch. It's cool how after Trolls, my friend introduced me to his pizzeria, and I introduced him to my old pizzeria. Mom and I loved that place, the owner knows us quite well too. Friend even said it was the best pizza he's ever had too. He told it to my mom as he was talking to her the other night about something, and mom told me.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Takoda

@Snatcher Yeah, like said before, spoilers can really kill an experience for me. All the surprise is gone so you can never have that genuine reaction to an event that you would’ve had if you didn’t know anything. Reminds me of how during sun and moon it felt like everything about the region was pretty much already revealed in trailers and it took a lot of the excitement away. With story heavy games it’s always a fight to dodge spoilers while also wanting to engage with the community a bit.

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

Princess_Lilly

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko That's not the worst news imaginable. If anything, this is a great opportunity to watch it for the first time, something I will never achieve again

Gotta check out other recommendations, even though my backlog is filled to the brim already

Princess_Lilly

Sunsy

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@DreamlandGem You're very welcome! Similarly, I have a pretty sizeable Mario collection as well. I can't get enough of Nintendo's famous mascot, lol! Out of curiosity, do you have any favorite Kirby games? I have the most nostalgia for Kirby 64, but I also really like Kirby's Adventure and Super Star. Forgotten Land is fantastic, as well.

@Sunsy I agree for sure, glad you were able to hop on in for some races! That does sound like a cool memory you've got as well. Just curious, was the SNES your first console? The SNES was the first console that I've played since my dad had it. Ironically, we didn't have Super Mario Kart back when it came out, I started out with Mario Kart 64. Though I did get SMK later on, it was the Player's Choice reissue.

That reminds me of when the Wii U came out, there was this post launch hardware update that took a long time to install. I thankfully knew about this before getting it on Christmas, and I played my 3DS to pass the time while my then-new Wii U installs the update. That's cool your mom let you download the update before unwrapping the game.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jump

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I'm fine and thanks for the concern. I'm just not feeling the forums at this moment.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

blindsquirrel

I know things got a little heated, but I’ll be glad when Kermit’s back. Something kinda feels missing when he’s not posting.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

blindsquirrel

Muscle spasms suck when trying go to bed

Edited on by blindsquirrel

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

DreamlandGem

@MarioLover92 Aw really, I'd love to see your collection! Not sure if there's a collection thread here, if not starting one might not be a bad idea!

My top Kirby games are Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Adventure Wii (maybe hold out for the remake coming soon if you haven't played it yet though) Planet Robobot, Triple Deluxe and Forgotten Land!

Poyo!

Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Dogorilla
You need some Moon Gorgeous Meditation to make it feel better.
Oh, wait...
You will be STAGE OUT...!!! 😆

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic