Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 62,921 to 62,940 of 96,530

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza PC is the best way to play all the Metal Slugs, mainly because the retro modding scene is amazing.

I bought Avenging Spirit on Switch and...... It's not good.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza I love the Gameboy version and I got the Switch one because the arcade version had never been re-released. Then I played it and it was janky and slow at points, plus I found a way to glitch myself into an enemy and get stuck.

WoomyNNYes

Kermit1 wrote:

Spawn Wave looks scary without his glasses lol. (I do too)

Yeah, I saw that yesterday, too. XD It was hard to ignore. He looks fine. Although, you know what distracts me? His mustache gap under his nose; When he talks, if you watch the gap, the ends of his mustache kiss over and over at that gap. LOL. I think the camera exaggerates the effect, but it's amusing. (I have a crappier beard, so I'm not knocking him otherwise)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

A second-hand store owner gave my dad a weird folder that came with two booklets, a sheet of stickers, and a weird luggage tag-looking thing that was all leather, no windows to see the information. They gave it to him for free since they couldn't figure out exactly what was it for.

Looking on google I found out it's indeed a luggage tag, from a luxury brand. They gave him an accessory kit from a brand called Rimowa. It probably came with one of their overpriced trunks.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@NeonPizza Yeah, I think he looks good/fine. Spawn Wave said he was wearing contacts while his glasses get fixed or ordered. But it is funny how initially distracting it is to see someone without glasses, if they've always been wearing them.

Ever since the pandemic, my close up vision is starting to go. I'm sure it's age related. For 40+ years I've had 20/20 vision. I've never needed glasses. So I'm scared to get glasses. Especially since glasses don't look good on me. Can contacts help close up vision?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Kermit1doesmath

@WoomyNNYes It's not as distracting as Tom Cruise's nose being lined up with a tooth. Stuff of nightmares lol.

Sunsy

A bit late to replies, so quoting them...

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Sunsy
Yo, how was your reception about Dodgeball Academia from Steam ?
Have you tried Kao the Kangaroo 2022 ?

I had fun with the demo to Dodgeball Academia, if I were to buy it, I'd get it on GOG because of no DRM. Nope I haven't tried it yet, but I would like to.

Maxenmus wrote:

Random thought: why do people have to attack others for "crying" about things? I mean, if the person complaining about something is attacking someone or is being rude to another person, it's understandable if you call them out, but if they're just expressing their displeasure about something, say the discontinuation of the virtual console (not that I care about that stuff myself), then why do you have to mock them for "crying?" I don't think they deserve the mockery any more than people who feel sad or irritated about things they love not being there anymore. Just leave them alone.

I find it irritating whenever people say certain others are "crying" about stuff, as if they're trying to tell those people to suppress their negative emotions and stop feeling sad. It's such a toxic, alpha male thing to say, and it just sounds like highschool bullying to me. And even on NintendoLife's articles, you scroll down to the comments, there'll be one or two individuals who literally type "boo-hoo-hoo" in such a juvenile way. What are you, 7? Guess it makes sense, since Nintendo mainly caters to a younger audience.

I go to NL articles, or just gaming articles in general, and I just want to relax and have fun caring about games and unimportant stuff like that, but these people always take the fun out of it, reminding me how toxic people can be.

FWIW, I cried at least twice this week after seeing two movies. Usually a shut down doesn't make me cry, if anything, I am a bit sad over the Wii U and 3DS eShop shut down being someone who used them on a regular basis. I never cried over it.

Right now, getting some last minute eShop cards to my New 3DS some last minute games. I'm not too worried about my Wii U and old 3DS as I have that linked to my Switch. However, my New 3DS has a different Nintendo Network ID (the old account system, not the one Switch uses. Also, this was due to the fact I didn't want to transfer my stuff as I wanted to keep it on the old 3DS, in case I needed to send my New 3DS in for repairs, I can't transfer back. Also Nintendo didn't have a log out option beyond resetting a 3DS and deleting account).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Maxenmus

Sunsy wrote:

Usually a shut down doesn't make me cry, if anything, I am a bit sad over the Wii U and 3DS eShop shut down being someone who used them on a regular basis. I never cried over it.

To be clear, I don't think the "crying" I mentioned was literal crying. It's just a mocking term some people use to put down others complaining about stuff they don't care about, like the virtual console's shut down.

The 3DS eshop's shutdown is a bit annoying, but it doesn't bother me much since I could just order older physical copies of the games off eBay/Amazon. It's pricey, but that's how I've been buying my 3DS games so far.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

WoomyNNYes

@Rambler Thanks!

Have you seen there's actually an eye drop for farsightedness? The side effect of an existing eye drop shrinks your pupil a bit, and as a result, it improves the clarity of close up vision. It has a downside ,though, for night vision, I think. But it's crazy. Eye drops!!?!??

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Sunsy

@Maxenmus Alrighty, thanks for clarifying then.

Always the best route for older games is hunting down copies of them. Yeah, I have been using the eShops even after I got my Switch. Got a couple of indies and virtual console games I wanted. Right now, just wanting to get Dillon's Rolling Western just to check out a Dillon game (would get Dead Heat Breakers, but it's too expensive).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

I now have Star War A New Hope on my 2DS... I'm sorry for what I have done... I won't do it again...

WoomyNNYes

@Kermit1Truly awful. -reported. (jk) Do you have to hack at all for movies to be playable on a 3ds/2ds?

I have like 200GB of video on my tablet. It's mostly used to fall asleep to.
Star Wars A New Hope
Young Frankenstein
189 Simpsons episodes
179 Simpsons commentary (audio files)
108 Futurama episodes
64 South Park episodes (includes christmas episodes)
7 seasons of South Park audio commentary
117 Doctor Who episodes, S1-7-ish, S13 and all christmas specials.
and a handful of workout videos
30 StarTalk podcasts
30 ScienceRules! podcasts

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

Tyranexx wrote:

@MarioLover92 Neither of my parents were into science fiction or fantasy, so I got into it on my own. That means I missed out on some big fandoms like Star Wars. I like both, but in general I like fantasy a little more than sci-fi. Depends on the setting though. You can PM me on Discord if you want, but I'm curious to know if you can spoiler tag a whole image in the application. It wouldn't hurt to experiment with something random and non-spoilery I'd think.

Nice, that's cool. I do like both sci-fi and fantasy as well. Yeah there are some things that I got into on my own as well, the Sonic games being my earliest example. I always thought Sonic as a character was cool, and although we didn't have a Genesis when I was in my single digits, I did watch some episodes of Sonic SatAM on VHS as a kid, and they were a fun watch. I just tested the image spoiler tag, and yep it worked! There's that eye icon you'd click on after picking your image, that's called the spoiler attachment.

Sunsy wrote:

I'd say today has been one of the best days. Went to see Trolls World Tour again, another local theater had a showing so my friend and I went. I love the Trolls theater experience, also I feel like one of the few lucky fans who not only got to see it in theaters, but in theaters twice. Hope to go to more showings when Trolls 3 comes out next year.

@MarioLover92 Cool, I think the only other Mega Man game I have is the one on the SNES mini, which I still haven't played yet.

Yeah, they not only cover "Lost in the Woods," they recreated the entire scene for the music video with Kristen Bell as Anna in the video too. It's definitely worth watching if you like Frozen II.

Yeah. It is better too, fun part about the trip today, I wore one of my favorite Trolls shirts and had my Poppy plushie with me for the movie. No one was judgemental about it. It feels good, especially since you're there to have a good time. It wasn't like that in the past.

I think there was a Puyo Puyo game on N64 at some point in Japan. The one on the Genesis Mini 2 is Puyo Puyo Sun, and the N64 one seems to be that one and Puyo Puyo~n.

It definitely was fun playing Mario Kart with you, @TheJGG, @Tekoii, and @Snatcher.

Great to hear you had a good time at the theater again. That MM game on the SNES Classic is Mega Man X. It's such a good game - I'd say it's my favorite in the entire series!

That's cool, I may give that a watch sometime. Awesome to hear that everyone was cool about you bringing over your Poppy plushie. When the Mario movie comes out, I may go all-out and wear my Club Nintendo Mario hat to it, lol!

Yes there was, it was called Puyo Puyo Sun 64. It looks pretty good, though I'm probably gonna be awful at it since Puyo Puyo's not exactly one of my best games. Likewise, looking forward to racing with you guys next time.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Kermit1doesmath

I just caught myself humming "I only want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"... oh no it's only august.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 It was a great time too, I was surprised how many people showed up for Trolls World Tour. It's clear, people really wanted to see this one on the big screen. They most likely watched the home rental in 2020, and still wanted that theater experience. Cool, might have to try that Mega Man sometime.

They really made a cool music video for the song. Yeah, I wore one of my Poppy shirts and had my plush for the movie. After having Trolls World Tour's theater release taken away a few years ago because of obvious reasons, I plan to make every character movie I go to an event. Bringing a plushie and wearing the shirt (did it for Sonic 2 as well, with a Tails plush and shirt). Also because of that reason, I'm really thankful I saw the movie with a friend twice this summer thanks to local theaters having summer movie events. I think for the Mario movie, I might wear my Peach shirt... though I did find my Mario hat today, lol.

Cool, interesting as Sega mostly published the games and this one is on N64. Yeah, it's a challenging puzzle game. Same here.

@Kermit1 Welcome to my world, I always find an excuse to squeeze in a Christmas song or two during the year.

BTW, in my Movie Thread post, I made an edit to correct myself from calling Netflix's Pinocchio, live action, when I meant to say stop motion. Just in event you saw the post before I fixed the mistake.

Maxenmus
I get why the Metaverse is scaring everyone, and I would even agree that it feels like a dystopian novel...

...but on the other hand, I'm already hooked to the Internet and an online life most of the time, so the Metaverse isn't going to have big changes to my life in any significant way. There are not a lot of downsides that I don't already see on the Internet, and the Internet works fine as a tool that billions of people use worldwide.

The one downside I do see though is the enforcement of the rules, how you'll be required to follow the Metaverse's guidelines in order to score more points or whatever. But I don't see how that's any different from a forum with moderated rules. We're all required to not disrespect others in NL forums, and look at how much more peaceful this place is compared to other social media platforms. Maybe the Metaverse's enforced rules will finally bring the toxicity of the Internet to an end, thus finally spelling the extinction of Internet trolls.

So yeah, sign me up. Consider me kinda excited for this progress in technology. We're finally getting one step closer to the holodeck and stepping into virtual worlds.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Maxenmus

NeonPizza wrote:

@Maxenmus
We're already there with Cell phones. lol I'm fit, eat really well(90% of the time) and work out, i'll never get fat because i take pride in how i look and the last thing i need is to succumb to heart disease by being inactive, vegetating like a melting slab of butter on my Sofa with my free time while clicking buttons and staring at a screen and eating horribly. It's all about balancing your sh** and enjoying your hobbies in a healthy matter.

If people can't get a hold on their BS than that's on them. it's like saying, we should get rid of junk food, the internet, alcohol, video games, streaming etc because so many people fall victom to addiction.

Exactly. If I want to abandon real life because I'm an insecure loser with no girlfriend, no one close to me, nothing worth living for IRL and thus having nothing to lose replacing my life with a virtual one, then just let me do it. lol It's not like you people have banned smoking anyway despite it being a health hazard (even for non-smokers because second-hand smoking is a thing).

Maxenmus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic