Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,841 to 61,860 of 96,532

Maxenmus

Finally quit my coffee weaning that lasted for several months when my new coffee arrived earlier. It's Owl brand instant 3-in-1 coffee, so it's not exactly some premium coffee coffee lovers would consume, but it does the job well enough.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

BruceCM

Never heard of Owl brand, @Maxenmus .... Guess we don't have them over here! No point paying more if you are happy with the cheaper stuff I get whichever 'premium' coffee is discounted each week, since there's almost always at least 1 on offer

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Maxenmus

BruceCM wrote:

Never heard of Owl brand, @Maxenmus .... Guess we don't have them over here!

Yeah, it's one of those Singaporean things non-Singaporeans/non-South-East Asians would have almost never heard of. Like "milo," the malt chocolate beverage.

BruceCM wrote:

No point paying more if you are happy with the cheaper stuff

True. But for what it's worth, I think Owl brand coffee tend to be a higher grade than your average 3-in-1 instant coffee like Nescafe coffee (the Swiss should know this brand). It does taste nicer than Nescafe coffee IMO, so much so that I was willing to pay $30+ per pack (25 sticks of coffee powder) just to get it shipped from Malaysia.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

jedgamesguy

I'm really happy to say I'm working on my first video essay! I've recorded about 4m30s of commentary so far, it should be around 20-25 minutes total when done.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Maxenmus

@TheJGG Nice! It's always rewarding to work on a video essay expressing your views. What is it about? From the thumbnail, looks like it's anime-related. Best of luck to you.

Maxenmus

jedgamesguy

@Maxenmus Thanks! It is anime related, I'm making a video about how three Studio Ghibli movies explore the concept of old age and finality. I wrote reviews for Howl's Moving Castle, The Wind Rises and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya recently, and this idea kinda connects them all. Could take a while but I'm excited!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

Yo! 😃
I still enjoy playing Youtubers Life 2 on PS4.
I have entered Autumn season year 1 and I saw a thick mist and Halloween stuffs around NewTube city.
I still have some Main quest that I still need more time to finish as there are some requirements to continue the main quest by befriending other peoples to trigger specific events and get the items to continue the storyline.

Btw, I met with these famous four Youtubers during gameplay (Farhan, Rubius, Vegetta, Willyrex) and they have side quests to be finished. I got a big poster of them + 4 reaction cards from them as the rewards.
Neat!

Untitled

Untitled

Anti-Matter

Kermit1doesmath

Sorry I've not been able to @ everyone but I got an update, we are in Halifax our first hotel of the trip tomorrow we switch hotels in Halifax again (sadly for reasons I cannot share what we did today, I'll just say the Canadian government has horrid timing). On Saturday we still fly out to the USA, that's the thing I'm most scared of as of now. Flying, I've flown before it's just been like 5 years and I'm scared cuz crash bang boom kapow...

I'll post some photos later today of the hotel arcade it has a Donkey Kong cabinet and Space Invaders cabinet.

dysgraphia awareness human

BruceCM

I'm certainly not a fan of basic Nescafé, anyway, @Maxenmus .... They have a new line of Gold Blend here, that's 'intense' which is pretty good for it's price Aren't there other brands around your shops, though? Usually plenty of options in most of ours

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Kermit1doesmath

What does coffee really taste like? I've only sipped coffee once and I don't remember what it tasted like.

* In your own words

Never mind......

Kermit1 wrote:

@Eel Ah, it's all coming back to me now.
Untitled

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Mioaionios

We talking about coffee?
I can't go a day without it, the stronger the better.
Same with chocolate really. I love dark chocolate +70% cocoa or bust.

I guess I prefer strong flavours.

Mioaionios

Sunsy

Kermit1 wrote:

this has been Kermit1 live from a hotel room with shockingly better wifi then his home's

ngl, I read this in Kermit's voice and imagined the reporter Kermit profile picture.

BTW, glad the car didn't have major damage and you and your family are ok and still made the trip.

@MarioLover92 Cool, I had the Dreamcast Namco Museum, but I also have the GBA Pac-Man Collection. Also the game that made me fall in love with Pac-Man, the Game Boy Color version of it.

Yeah, I'm surprised there's still nothing yet, unless Illumination is waiting on something. They did release Minions 2 and Sing 2 recently. Cool, it's gonna be a fun thing to look forward to. Hopefully it will look faithful to the games since Illumination does animation.

BTW, posting my Tails plush.

@Link-Hero That sounds like my kind of store. Really cool Yoshi plushie.

Ok, here's my Tails one, actually brought him to the Sonic movie in April. He shakes when you hug him or make a noise (which can be turned off). I love the face.

Untitled

@tekoii Yeah, it's an official spin-off. Chibi RWBY is more light-hearted than the main series, but still fun to watch for a laugh.

Yeah, I first saw it on the app store when I got my iPhone. I didn't download it, at the time my only mobile games were Trolls Pop, Sonic Dash, Sonic CD, and Crazy Taxi. I've gotten more games on it since. Enjoy it when you play it. I'm enjoying Borderlands so far, it was a good deal from Steam, $5 for the game during the summer sale. Cool, it's more of a turn-based strategy than an RPG.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@seaboyluca I've never had coffee so... what you said is a completely different language to me lol.

Eel

I do drink coffee. I like it with cinnamon and milk. No sugar.

For some reason it doesn't really affect me, no energizing or anything.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel For some reason I got the "want" to ask people what coffee tastes like. If you can't tell I'm bored. And stuck in a hotel room (not like I go anywhere when I'm home)

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Sorry for the late reply.
Yeah we are pretty alike. Good to know there are other people that have the same struggles as me.( in the sense that it isn’t something I am alone in, not that having no friends and being bullied is a good thing)
I would like to say you have quickly became one of my favorite users on this site.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic