Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,861 to 61,880 of 64,408

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Ah all righty. Pretty much any arcade racing game I play, I just do the regular race mode, lol. Yeah, hopefully they won't make any changes. By the way, I just saw Luca and I loved it! Such a wonderful, feel-good movie.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Sunsy

Tomorrow's the day, hoping for the best. It's a bit of a ride a couple of towns away, if I get to see one of my favorite movies on the big screen, it will be worth the trip. This is making me realize, I haven't gone to the northern part of the state in years.

@Anti-Matter Oh ok. Yeah it also varies on the developer when it comes to licensed games.

Alrighty, enjoy the game if you get it.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, if I remember correctly, holding down Start while selecting a car and track in some Sega racing games activates time trial. It's still timed like an arcade racer with checkpoints, but you had no racers on the track.

Glad you like it, saw in the movie thread.

Sunsy

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Yep, I completely understand being on the fence when it comes to gameplay. From what I could find on The Legend of Legacy, it didn't really wow me. I'd still be up for trying The Alliance Alive some day, but it isn't a high priority. There are more than enough JRPGs out there and only a finite amount of time, so I try to pick the best ones that fit my interests...and avoid the really long ones unless it's from a series I adore, like Xenoblade or Dragon Quest.

@Dogorilla The tiny text is one of the few complaints that I (and many people) have about Xenoblade Chronicles X. I was also VERY confused about the combat at first too, but it was also my very first Xenoblade game. The plot is all right, but where XCX really shines is when it comes to its exploration and world building.

@MarioLover92 Come to think of it, I mostly just listened to fireworks this year. Kid me would've been disappointed.

I'd like to play Undertale some day but am in no hurry lol. As for the Pokemon fandom, some of the criticisms are legitimate, but others take it WAY too far. The Pokemon Let's Go titles weren't really aimed at the core audience; they were made to bridge the gap between the main games and Pokemon Go. I picked up Let's Go Eevee with an open mind and enjoyed it, though I do prefer the mechanics in the mainline titles. Dexit was understandable but likewise blown out of proportion. As for the Paper Mario titles, I can't really comment on the first two "best" games as I've only played Color Splash and Super Paper Mario so far. Both have their strengths and weaknesses lol. I can't comment on Sonic since I never really got into the blue hedgehog, but let's just say...parts of the fandom make me want to stay away. The NSFW parts.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Stretchmo

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Oh, btw.
Did you play Kirby games on Switch?
What makes Kirby games (2D platformer style) different than other 2D platformer games in term of gameplay mechanism ?
I think I was too late to consider Kirby 3DS games right now as almost all of them already extinct in my country, on Ebay the games get inflated price. The only chance I can get is from Switch version while the games are still available in my country with fair price.

I personally don't have much interest with Kirby games since the Kirby design in pink sphere creature doesn't look really appealing to me but the environments looked so cute and colorful.
I still on the fence with the gameplay despite it looked similar as other 2D platformer games and I have pretty low interest with 2D platformer games so even I can like the games but I don't really engaged with 2D platformer games for very long.

Btw, is it me or sometimes I didn't get notification when you tagged my name with other user ?

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

TheJGG

Dogorilla wrote:

Started playing Xenoblade Chronicles X this morning. First impressions are mixed - the music's great, of course, and the combat is fun, but the text is so tiny it's hard to tell what's going on, and the game is oddly reluctant to explain how to play it. Reading the manual helped a bit, but I don't think I'd really understand the combat if I hadn't already played the first game - though I'm not very far in at all, so hopefully it will start telling me more soon. But it was all worth it to hear my Cockney-accented character (who hadn't said a word before this point) yell 'The early bird smashes the worm!' as soon as I started the first battle. Classic Xenoblade.

Oh man, I can't wait to hear how it goes from here! Be sure to let us know! I remember the massive sense of danger, wonder and discovery that hit me like a truck when I first began playing X. The world for me was pretty overwhelming on foot, and exploring it was very special.

I didn't get combat much either, I wasn't particularly great at Tyrant or boss battles. Luckily the game has an option to lower the level of the boss by 5 if you lose enough, to help speed things along. Have fun!

Check out my YouTube channel for video game music covers, video essays and more!

Currently playing:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (NS)

If you use my Friend Code, please tag me first. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter I've only tried the demos to the Kirby games on Switch, and played the few on NSO. Haven't played the newer ones, but what makes Kirby different is that Kirby can fly with air, and blow out air as an attack while flying (you have to inhale each time though), Kirby can suck up enemies, spit them at other enemies, or swallow them to copy their abilities. That's what I find different in Kirby games than other platformers.

Don't know, maybe it's a bug. I usually check the notifications, but I have a habit of going right to the thread most of the time. Sometimes I don't want to click a notification to be reminded later when I have time to respond. Sometimes I check the site or forum quickly during the day.

Sunsy

Kermit1

You've been watching Gisney+
Untitled

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

known to be quirky on occasion

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Yeah! I remember you said it's a good movie, and I do love Disney movies, so I'm glad I finally got to see it. Best wishes to you on your trip to the theater!

@Tyranexx You and me both on the fireworks, lol. I do want to play more of Undertale at some point, too. My brother's a huge fan of it! I never played the Let's Go games, but saw parts of it. They simplified the Pokemon catching mechanic, didn't they?

I played most of the Paper Mario games - Color Splash was the only one I didn't play. I heard the writing is phenomenal and it improved on the sticker/card mechanic a bit. As for the Sonic fandom, I can't blame you...I don't even want to think about those parts. lol

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@Tyranexx @TheJGG I'll keep you posted on how I get on with it! Though as usual I'm juggling a few games at the moment, and this is an extremely long game, so I expect it will take me a while to get very far with it 😅

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong
Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
It looks like Butterfly wings (D and G Disney letter style)

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Mioaionios

Ugh, I'm having a truly horrible day. Slept well but feel very tired nonetheless. It's one of those symptoms typical to a depression that can be truly demotivating to do anything at all.

Still went outside and took the train to the big city to see Thor 4 at my favorite cinema. Glad I did because I just arrived and I'm feeling a bit better already.

Now, here's hoping the movie's good enough so I don't fall asleep halfway through.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Fizza

@TheMelodiusRose It was the first thing I saw when I woke up today and I still can't believe it. As someone who only recently got fully into Yu-Gi-Oh as a whole (though watched the GX and Zexal series of the anime growing up), seeing the person who made that possible to begin with pass away felt like the gut punch of the century. I still hold Yu-Gi-Oh art as some of the finest trading card artwork ever created as well so his presence will be sorely missed.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
I will be on Splatoon brainrot for the next month, apologies in advance
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Kermit1

I think I'm one of the few people on this earth who doesn't get depressed. I like to be happy and positive most of the time and like any human I get mood swings. Also in my head I tend to break the fourth wall (if that's what you call it) a lot and I don't really dwell on things too much and I like to think of stories to pass the time (in other words I don't bore easy lol). Every emotional 'point' in my life I've gotten over very quickly. The only problems I have in life are my learning problems and my high anxiety which can make everything more difficult and annoying sometimes, a simple thing like shopping can become a nightmare in seconds because of all the choices and the concept of money. If you were wondering my learning problems are dysgraphia and slow processing speed (google them), I never knew I had them until 2 years ago, since I never knew I had them for so long I kinda powered through them at a young age.

Right now I'm typing all this to ease my anxiety (which I do a lot on here so thank you guys for being so chill and welcoming) (and listening to music helps too also helps)

Edited on by Kermit1

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Mioaionios

Here's a little news item that made me smile: Belgian chocolate producer Barry Callebaut lost a 1000 ton of chocolate due to salmonella found in one of their batches. Instead of destroying the lot, they donated it to a biogas plant which in turn will be able to provide 300 families with green electricity for a whole year.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Kermit1

@BruceCM that's kinda awesome!!!

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Kermit1

My DS multi-cart arrived today, and I went to launch Black 2 and... it was Blaze Black 2... oof

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Barbiegurl777

@Anti-Matter

Shouldn't the ps4 have nicer graphics? Would think any game would look nice on it but then again it does boil down to game play. 🤷‍♀️ I'm still gaming on my ps2. Never felt the need to upgrade yet. I'll wait for the ps7~ 😉🤣

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Anti-Matter

@Barbiegurl777
I have PS4 machine and the games, not just only Nintendo Switch so I want to build their games library as equal as my Switch.
My PS4 & PS5 games library are really depended on 3rd party multi console games so I will pick the PlayStation version for 3rd party multi console games as possible since I can pick exclusive games that only available on Switch and I still able build my Switch games library. On very rare case, I might double dip or even triple dip the same games if the games are really good. Some of the same games have better performance (graphic detail, frame rate per second, loading time, exclusive contents, etc) on PlayStation machine and that's why I picked the PS4 / PS5 version instead of Switch version.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic