Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,821 to 61,840 of 96,492

Rambler

@Kermit1 glad you are okay - that sounds really terrifying.
You might be able to make a claim as it was debris on the road

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

@Rambler we did make a claim.

SLIGHT UPDATE we will be home for a few hours so I'll be on here for a while.

dysgraphia awareness human

Mioaionios

@Kermit1
Glad to hear everyone's OK.
I experienced a traffic accident as well, so I know how terrifying it can be.

Mioaionios

jedgamesguy

@Kermit1 That must have been terrifying, glad to hear you're OK.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

NintendoByNature

@Zuljaras i JUST bought castlevania lords of shadow mirror of fate for 3ds yesterday as I'm trying to fill my wii u and 3ds catalog before the closures.

NintendoByNature

Kermit1doesmath

To be honest that's the first time in my life for a split second I felt alive and scared and winded at the same time, I'd never want to do that again but that adrenaline was like a kick to my senses.

for once something happens in my boring life and I could have died...

Maxenmus

@Kermit1 Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope you're feeling better.

Cars are more dangerous than people realized. I remember being in a discussion about plane crash statistics vs. car accidents. I remember that, someone said car accidents occur more frequently because the potential for human error is much higher (especially if you account for road-rage).

But it's why I'll never drive, because I'm a walking can of errors with my anxiety disorder.

I think that, even though it's a cliché, "time heals all wounds" rings true to some extent for such traumatic incidents. I've had my share of near-death experiences before, including huge loss of blood when a bully hit my head with a recorder (musical instrument) in Primary Three (or third grade). Try to take it slow and easy, and I wish you the best.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Then it must have have had the Japanese-style classic Sonic if it's from 2010. It's a more recent shirt that tried to remake an old one. I remember an old neighbor had a similar shirt in the 90's.

Yeah, the only recent Trolls stuff has been the holiday special and a season of the Hulu/Peacock show. So I'm guessing it will be back with the third movie. I loved that about Pac-Man World 2, it let me play Pac-Man right on my GameCube. It was my second GC game, so it gave me plenty to play. Thanks, I wish I got one sooner. I didn't know Pillow Pets made favorite characters. Though, I do get a kick out of the fact they made Clifford the Big Red Dog an actual big pillow pet, lol.

The Tails one was a surprise from a friend. Maybe I'll take a pic of it one day, he's pretty big, but was fun to have when seeing Sonic 2. I think I might do that for all future movies with favorite characters, just to make the trip more special. It's crazy to think, we're still waiting on anything for the Mario movie. I plan to wear my Peach shirt (sweatshirt, if it sticks to winter) that day and bring a Mario themed plush.

@Kermit1 Yikes, I'm glad you're ok. Accidents are terrible, mom and I were in one years ago, so I know the feeling.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

@Kermit1 oh wow 😮 I’m glad to hear you’re all ok!

I can still remember the last we were in a car accident, I suppose its normal to have a delayed response, it’s a really confusing experience.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1doesmath

We are now in a hotel.

our car did not have any major damage, we got the tires changed and the wheels re centered (or whatever you call it that).

This hotel has a neat arcade, this has been Kermit1 live from a hotel room with shockingly better wifi then his home's

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I just made some more progress into BotW. I'm one step closer to finishing the game.

Sounds good to me. Coconut Mall's one of the fan-favorite tracks from Mario Kart Wii, and it's loved by yours truly, too. It's exactly what you'd expect, it takes place in a mall. Shroom Ridge is that highway course from Mario Kart DS, that takes place in the mountaintops. Yeah, come to think of it...they are tasty-sounding names for those courses as well. lol

The N64 catalog for NSO+EP has been growing quite a bit, the last game they've added was Pokemon Puzzle League. I'd love to see the Mario Party games come to it. GameCube and GBA games would certainly make me happy, as well...but we don't know if those would happen.

@Kermit1 Oh man...sorry to hear about your car accident. Glad to hear you're all right after that, and that there wasn't any major damage to your car. Best wishes from me.

@Sunsy Yeah that must be it then. Same here, it let me play games I never even played before as well, alongside the Namco Museum games. I had NM for the PS2, and I played the heck out of it when I was younger. Those Arrangement games were amazing, particularly for Pac-Man and Galaga - didn't like Dig Dug Arrangement too much.

That's cool they made the Clifford one big, it's true to his name after all, lol. That would be cool for sure, and yeah, we're still waiting on that Mario movie. I'm definitely wearing one of my Mario tees to it...maybe even wear my Club Nintendo Mario hat to it!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Kermit1doesmath

@MarioLover92 we are in the hotel now just ate some "mediocre" pizza for a very late dinner.

Goodnight ya'll, I will be posting off and on for the next 3 days.

Tyranexx

Does anyone here have advice for a first-time concert goer? I'm seriously considering attending a metal concert at my state fair this year but am admittedly apprehensive. I've been to smaller concerts featuring local/regional groups as part of events, but nothing on this scale. The last event of scale I went to was a Symphony of the Goddesses (orchestrated Zelda music) performance back in late 2016, which is obviously a very different setup/audience.

Some notes:
1. I'll be going alone; I can't find anyone else who's interested, nor do I want to drag anyone along who won't enjoy it.
2. No booze since I'm driving.
3. No mosh pits or standing only areas for me thanks to agoraphobia triggers; I'm more interested in the regular seating.
4. I don't plan on recording the performance on my phone or anything; supposedly, this is rude and is a good way to miss some of the action.

@Zuljaras Quite a Castlevania haul you have there!

@Anti-Matter I suspect a lot of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC is unfinished, so they're releasing them in batches. I'd prefer if they released everything all at once too, but unfortunately 1. money talks and 2. it's a pretty common strategy in the gaming industry. Same with your live service/partial download/code in box complaints. I agree the former needs quite a lot of improvement and the latter two points are sad, but by industry terms Nintendo is behind the times. From what I understand, most other physical media for consoles acts like a glorified license key so you can download the rest of the content these days.

I'm glad you're still having a lot of fun with Youtubers Life 2 and have even found some familiar faces. Those are nice Easter Eggs in some games lol. I admit I never really got into the Harvest Moon series - mainly since it involves glorified farming - but I certainly do like some games from the simulation genre.

@Kermit1 I'm glad you and your family are okay. Car accidents are no joke. Shame your trip was postponed a bit, but people first and reliable transportation second should be the highest priorities. I've not been involved in more than close calls with the elements (fog and ice are terrible), animals (no deer yet; largest thing I've unfortunately hit is a fox), and a couple of fender benders mostly, but even those can send your pulse into overdrive. Glad that you seem to have finally made it to your hotel.

@MarioLover92 Neat! Where are you at in BotW? You won't be spoiling anything for me since I've played and beaten the game, but all the same you should probably wrap it up in spoiler tags lol. Some folks like yours truly still haven't played some of those games coughFFVIIcough that "Everyone" supposedly played years ago....

So Coconut Mall is pretty self-explanatory. Tell me, where do the coconuts come in? Aesthetics? Or is it just a name? XD I love the flavor. Shroom Ridge sounds like a fun time too, I'm guessing some of the landscape looks like delicious morels.

I am glad that Nintendo is still expanding the NSO catalogue, but outside of a title or two I haven't been tempted to upgrade yet. Most of the games I'd be interested in I already bought on the Wii U VC...or am planning to in one case (Paper Mario). GameCube and GBA support would have me seriously considering upgrading however.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

tekoii

@Sunsy Oh I see.. that sounds pretty interesting. I do like the whole kids going to a special school for powers and stuff type of thing. It makes me want to watch something like My Hero Academia. Oh nice, is that an official spin-off or is that like super-fans fan stuff?

Ahh I thought Genshin was a PC game that came to mobile. I remember seeing one of my cousins excited about it, that's how I first heard of it. Then looking into it, it has BotW type exploration, with like RPG stuff. Sounds like my cup of tea. Also nice.. Borderlands looks really cool.. yet another game I need to play. M+R is cool but I want a new Mario RPG proper.

@Tyranexx Yea, it looks awesome. I love the use of lighting! Oh man.. I would lose it if we got Metroid Prime Tril. I never got to play Other M... but I love how it looks like Samus is an absolute badass in it. It just needed a proper control scheme from what I heard and less weird plot lines. And ohh yea.. that boss. That boss could get really tricky with his swipes. I didn't struggle much with him.. I did beat him after a few tries.. but idk, maybe at that point you were already tired and out of it!

@MarioLover92 But.. but it lied to us.. it lied I kinda believed in it for whatever reason lol.

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Grumblevolcano

@tekoii I believed in it because it would've lined up approximately with 1 wave every 4 months. Now with that Mario Strikers update confirmed for July 21st/22nd, I'm leaning towards late August for wave 2 coinciding with the 30th anniversary of Mario Kart.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

tekoii

@Grumblevolcano Ahh I see.. for me I think it was the whole Smash stuff from before. It kinda came thru right? And ahh that seems possible with the 30th anniversary. I think they're waiting on after releasing XC3.

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic