Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,601 to 60,620 of 96,591

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
Well, I have started my journey to collect a lot of original video games since July 2013.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

One of my favourite Youtubers gushing about one of my favourite games. I'm so happy.

If you haven't played Link's Awakening (whether on Switch, VC or even GB), please go play it. As someone who had only liked one Zelda game beforehand, this was the one that convinced me of how good Zelda was as a whole. I've replayed it countless times since first beating it and it's been a blast each and every time. Hopefully I can have that same kind of experience again when I finally get to play Skyward Sword HD for the first time ever over the summer.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
I have a lot of consoles since every consoles have their signature games, the reasons I got those consoles
I categorized my consoles like these:

PS1 = DDR and quirky Japanese games
PS2 Japan = DDR and BEMANI games
PS2 USA = DDR and 3D platformer games
PS3 = Quirky Western cartoonish games
PS4 = Home Builder games and Western cartoonish games.
PSP = pretty similar as PS1

GBA = K-1
NDS = Girlie games
3DS = Quirky games and Yokai Watch
Gamecube = Whatever cartoonish games I can pick from my local game shop or online shopping website.
Wii = Casual motion games
Wii U = Amiibo Festival
Switch = ACNH, ARMS and quirky 3rd party games.

XBOX = DDR Ultramix
XBOX 360 = DDR UNIVERSE and Kinect games

My PS5 games on my list (20 games have been registered) will be pretty much like PS4 games.
I need at least 1 educational game for kids, 1 girlie game, 1 cartoonish racing game for my PS5 games.
I don't have PS5 games yet but I will collect PS5 games based on my category.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@korosanbo I am more than ok with that. I'll be playing it with motion controls for the first time round for a couple of reasons.

• 1. I would like a bit of an authentic experience to the original Wii version.
  • 2. They've apparently greatly improved the motion tracking from the original which makes me want to play it even more.
  • 3. I've been wanting to play more games on my TV since getting a screen protector for my Switch about 3 months ago and this is the perfect opportunity.
  • And 4. It just sounds incredibly fun to swing your sword or hold up your shield with your hands (well, Joy-Cons but you know what I mean).

If it ends up being too frustrating to do with motion, I don't mind switching to buttons halfway through (though I doubt it'll be too much of an issue for me personally, I was raised on motion controls during the Wii era) but I'm mainly in it for a new Zelda experience and the focus it has on story. I'll probably be getting round to it in July but I can't wait regardless.

MarioVillager92

New profile pic this time. I was playing MK8D and felt like using a different kart, and Mario's trick pose here is so cheerful. Jumping for joy, just like that! I had to have it up...I love this guy.

@Tyranexx Ah ok, at least they weren't as bad for you then. Yeah...the poor guy! I do not want to know what jellyfish stings feel like. Yeah bumblebees are pretty common over here too - I'm not sure if they ever sting, at least most of them.

Gotcha, yeah they can be pretty hard to replicate, I can have trouble with those too. Especially if I'm not making an up-close drawing of who/what my subject is. Ah, I see - yeah once you get to the more advanced drawing techniques, things can get more complex for sure. I think I'd need some more practice as well, which is partly why I want to draw more often. Yes, drawing is good for relieving stress, especially since you can take your time during the entire process.

@Sunsy I do have some of my favorite games across multiple systems - they are good for the convenience factor for sure. I have a lot of my favorite SNES games across the Wii Virtual Console, SNES Classic, and the Switch via the online service. That'd be cool, I was considering having Super Mario Bros. 3 on the 3DS VC, like if I currently just have my 3DS in my bedroom or something.

Thanks again, and good to know! I think I'd agree with you right there, we both love Disney films, after all. All righty, that's cool you at least saw trailers of it. Nostalgia Critic even mentioned TIG in his top 11 underrated classics video.

Oh and it was cool playing Super Mario All-Stars with you! Perhaps we could play Super Mario Kart sometime. Thanks for playing with me.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

Oh, btw.
This was my games purchase yesterday.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

reporterdavid

@Anti-Matter allright. Antimatter, the guy with the big wallet (haha, just kidding ) . But seriously. YouTube life and Catquest. havent heard of them. Especially a game concerning Youtube. Might we get games like Facebook Fun , TikTok travelers or Instantgrammers?

Edited on by reporterdavid

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
Oh, I will try Cat Quest today after I played Youtubers Life 2 yesterday. I have ever tried the demo version of Cat Quest and it was like standard action RPG games.
Also, Cat Quest games made by Singapore🇸🇬 peoples as the games get published by PQube, the publisher for indie games that mostly from South East Asia including Indonesia 🇮🇩, my country.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@reporterdavid
Youtubers Life 2 is a simulation strategy game which your jobs are uploading videos, playing video games then giving the review, attending Play Con event, meet with your neighbors, etc.
Your objection is trying to be number 1 Youtuber with the most subscribers and the most popular people.

Cat Quest is an Action RPG game with HD 2D graphic but 3D environments. You take control two characters : the anthro dog and anthro cat as the main characters. The game was running on 60 fps even for Switch version.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Anyone likes karting here? I'm off to my local track to pound a few laps away. Should be lots of fun, if not for how hot it is lately (over 100 degrees).

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
I only like to play cartoonish kart racing games like Mario Kart, Team Sonic Racing, Cars (Disney Pixar), Modnation Racers PS3, Go Vacation.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@korosanbo Yeah, I just saw a few videos on karts to get my memory jogged, and it is TOUGH! I've always struggled having the balance between hard braking and carrying speed into corners, and especially when I haven't done it in months it's easy to jam the brakes and spin.

Luckily it won't be 100, since the sunset's in an hour, but... 95 is close enough! At least it means we won't have any issues with tyre warmup, since it's so hot. Max attack! Do you remember if it was physically exhausting? Because... man it was draining.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

ogo79

@Zuljaras aaahhh hes doing fine i see!
i like to see doing fine.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 The convenience factor is why I don't mind it so much. Also, at least with PC, being able to play the best looking and performing versions of games. I have the Sonic (and All-Stars) racing games on Wii, Wii U, and Switch. I also have them on PC, boy Team Sonic Racing is fantastic on PC. I'll still play it on Switch when I'm using it, or on the go.

Indeed, and will make note to see it if I ever stumble across it.

No problem, it was fun, even if I didn't intend to use the warp whistle, lol. I was looking for a power up. Sorry I had to cut it short due to a phone call. Next time we'll try that.

@TheJGG Can't say I've been karting, but I do remember a few theme parks having go-karts you can drive around on a small track a long time ago, so would that count? If so, haven't done it in a long time.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@korosanbo Thank you!

@Fizza Missed your Link's Awakening post earlier. Yes I agree with you, it is such a good game, and I totally recommend it to anyone. My favorite Zelda game may have always been A Link to the Past, but Link's Awakening is a true classic for sure!

@TheJGG I actually do like karting, I've been in a real go-kart many years ago when my local speedway was still around. It was fun! You have fun out there - and yeah...it's really hot out in my area too. Do stay hydrated.

@Sunsy That's cool, I have Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on the Wii U and PC as well. The Wii U version was good to have before Mario Kart 8 came out, that's for sure, but yeah, the PC version is definitely the best - silky-smooth framerate and everything! I have Team Sonic Racing on the PC, but not for the other systems. Its performance is just as good as Transformed.

You're good on all that, no worries. We all make mistakes...including yours truly!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

reporterdavid

ah ok. Untitled

have been playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 - demo. liked it. thanks to @Anti-Matter (searched for a game like animal crossing, but wanted to build more.)
a new kart game is coming out soon.

we are all human. @MarioLover92

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Anti-Matter

@reporterdavid
Nice.
Btw, if you don't mind , the storyline is divided into several chapters. You will be asked to rebuild the place you will stay during certain chapter so try to design your homestay place as interesting as possible. Also, you need to level up to become stronger so during working on the missions at your place, try to hunt some enemies to level up and get certain items for continue the storyline.
Also, every place you stay to continue the storyline, you must build certain important rooms like kitchen, toilet, bedrooms, storage room, crafting room, etc as
You will get more peoples joined by leveling up your home base level by collecting a lot of gratitude points (the hearts that dropped by your residents everyday) then hit the bell gate to hire more peoples. Funny trivial thing, you can hit the bell anytime and your current residents will come to you everytime you hit the bell.
Well, good luck with your DQB 2.

Anti-Matter

reporterdavid

Thanks , i just played the demo at this moment but suprisingly most of the factors are in it @Anti-Matter
Didn't build any (more) rooms, but fought some villains, gained more XP , got the big hammer, made food , straw beds etc. Im happy about this game, havent bought it yet though. Im just went on a ship and went to another island. Im not done with the demo yet.

Snatcher

@Fizza That dude is funny as heck!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Fizza

So earlier today, when I was getting Let's Go Pikachu and Skyward Sword HD, I noticed I had €5 left after getting those two games. Purely just to round it off to an even €100, I bought a random pack of Brilliant Stars (the Pokemon TCG set if any of you are confused) just for the hell of it to open in the car on the way back home. I proceeded to pull a Gold Ultra Ball, arguably the most valuable card in the entire 200 card set.
Untitled
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Edited on by Fizza

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic