Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,641 to 58,660 of 96,558

blindsquirrel

@Sunsy
Peanut butter gamer. He is a YouTuber.”

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Sunsy

@Zuljaras Nice, I always loved how the Classic NES series used the NES grey on the carts. I have Dr. Mario and Ice Climber.

@Aozz101x Have fun playing those. I really need to get an eShop card soon to buy some games I wanted to get for some time. I actually bought Dr. Luigi last year, I still checked both eShops regularly.

@blindsquarel Oh ok. I guess he's one I don't really watch.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

blindsquirrel

@Sunsy
Yeah, the reason I mentioned him is because he loves Arthur. Pretty weird seeing a video of Skyrim and Arthur next to each other.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Eel

The GBA NES series was how I first played the first Legend of Zelda. Love that little grey cartridge. I also have Dr Mario, though I've kept that one sealed.

Did you know these games have a weird active anti-piracy method basically no other GBA games have? I found out when I created a backup of my TLoZ cartridge: the game won't play on emulators unless you literally patch the file.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sunsy

@blindsquarel Oh ok, big fan of the series then. I use to watch the show as a kid, then again sometime after high school. I had no idea the series was still going on for this long.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy You should totally give him a watch.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

Speaking about Arthur cartoon series....

I was surprised there was a LGBTQ thing in this episode but I'm totally fine with gay marriage. Love doesn't see gender.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Anyone else going to play FFVI PR tomorrow when it's available....?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
No, thanks.
I prefer FF III and FF IV NDS version with Chibi 3D looking and voiceover for FF IV NDS.
Looked way much better than 2D sprite.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

I do still like those 2 a lot.... Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely they'll do more 3D versions of the other ones

SW-4357-9287-0699

Sunsy

@Eel Interesting trivia. I never knew the NES classic games had that kind of anti-piracy measure that other games don't have.

@Snatcher Noted to check out the channel one day. Thinking about it, the name sounds a bit familiar. Might have seen the name in recommended before.

Edited on by Sunsy

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I haven't played any of the Pokemon games on the Switch yet, though I was considering getting Sword with the DLC bundled in. Maybe I'll get that at some point. I definitely want to check out Pokemon Legends: Arceus - I have that on my wish list. I might get Brilliant Diamond sometime as well. I never played Black and White, I heard those are really good. Just curious about F-Zero, was the Wii U VC your first time playing the game? I originally played it on the SNES since my dad had it way back then.

Dang. Sorry to hear about that hurricane. Awesome to hear that you and your family were ok after the storm! That reminds me, I've dealt with floods before, we've had a particularly huge flood a little over a decade ago. My family and I had to stay at a friend's house as a result. I had my 3DS with me at the time, I think it was sometime before Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 came out. Or somewhere in between. They had a PS2 and an Xbox 360 as well. Fortunately, we were all ok in the end of the flood as well! That's great to hear I got you in a Disney mood, at least.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 Heh, yeah. The main Strip is 4 miles long, though there are ways to navigate it faster than on foot if needed. Though that still involves some walking. The Old Strip is worth checking out too, but it's a fair distance (~3 miles) from the main Strip. Can't say I've been to New York City (or, by extension, the Nintendo Store), but both are on my eventual bucket list! Though I'd rather sell a kidney than drive there from what I've heard. I'd have to rely on public transportation.

The GBA SP was surprisingly still functional; I was sure I'd permanently killed it. My heart stopped lol. My OG DS also suffered a drop (think I've told this story before, so I'll be brief), but that was due to me playing it in the van and my mom had to slam on the breaks suddenly to keep from rear-ending an idiot who cut right in front of her. The display became increasingly hosed over time, and I eventually traded it in to GS. I've dropped a phone or two, though thankfully the cases always have done their job so far!

Yuck. Reminds me of a high school trip I went on that involved flying; we had to leave the school at midnight to catch an early morning flight in a city over two hours away. I did NOT sleep much that day. Still trying to get over my jet lag though lol.

@Sunsy I've always had much more fun assembling them than playing with them. Though I will admit it was fun to see what I could come up with using a container of loose bricks! Regarding anti-piracy measures; there are some genuinely epic ones out there, though there are plenty of fake videos sprinkled in with the real ones. My favorites are the measures taken in Game Dev Tycoon, Earthbound, and Serious Sam 3.

@TheJGG I appreciate you tagging me for your Mechonis Field cover! I'll admit the very beginning didn't really grab me, but 32 seconds onward was very pleasing to my ears. It definitely has a different feel to it from the original tune and the DE version. An epic, almost retro feel I think. Which is sorta fitting where the original game is concerned; how has it been so long since it first released?!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

Tagging @TheJGG, @BruceCM, @Vortexeo, @Snatcher, and @tekoii for a bumper (albeit very condensed in terms of plot content) XC2 update. There's more than one session involved, one of which was before my trip....I just didn't get to posting an update before leaving. XD

• Turns out I wasn't far from fighting Jin when I last left off. That was a fun battle, took me a couple tries but he went down. He and Rex exchanged some very interesting words during this bit.
  • Akhos and Patroka to Jin's rescue!....Or they would have been if 1. Jin hadn't told them to stand down and 2. Amalthus rudely interrupted the proceedings. Where did Uber Amalthus come from?! Tsk tsk, too many Core Crystals.
  • As an aside, it was neat to see a bit of detail looking into Akhos and Patroka's "sibling" relationship. Though it never fully explained why they decided to become Flesh Eaters.
  • Amalthus was seriously tough. My group was a bit underleveled (ranging from 64-67), but dang; I spent almost 3 hours, with one short break, trying to down this guy. Every time I'd try to build up Blade combos and then activate Pneuma, he'd either down a member of my group or do whatever that Blade lock attack is. And when I'd get him down to a certain spot in his health...he'd heal himself! I almost had him down a couple times when that happened. I probably went through most of the American Slang dictionary on this one.
  • I will admit the [spoiler]cutscene regarding Amalthus's death was bittersweet; this guy was honestly convinced he was doing the Architect's will. However, Jin's death was way more touching. Poor guy.... End Chapter 9.
  • Rex and Co. made it to Elysium. Unsurprisingly, it's a wasteland that was also once inhabited by humans. Such a forlorn bell toll that gave me Majora's Mask vibes....Then our group made it to the temple/church, where much mind melting (and battling) occurred. Turns out this was used by the Architect to show them what lies deep in their hearts.
  • WAITWAITWAIT, this is the same universe that the original Klaus and Galea started in!? I knew via some subtle spoilers there was a link between this game and the first, but not the details. For it to be this pronounced....Interesting that this gives more background into Klaus's original intentions. This universe's Klaus tried to atone for his actions by creating the Blade/Titan life cycle. As I've began to suspect via subtle hints, the Cores of Blades are forever learning and gathering information; that kind of makes them all very advanced machines/AI in a sense? Good conversation with the guy; good thing cutscenes can be viewed repeatedly!
  • More beating up of some large Artifices and some quest cleanup before I approach what I think is the end of the game.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Getting there, @Tyranexx .... Glad you're still enjoying it!

SW-4357-9287-0699

TommyTendo

I wish there existed something that would get rid of your hunger feeling.
Would be much easier to lose weight if you had no desire to eat anything.

WoomyNNYes

@TommyTendo I have to have snacks. I can't only eat at meal time.

I think skipping breakfast seems to lead to being overly hungry later in the day. So, I always try to eat something soon after getting up.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ohh, that sounds like quite the journey then. I've dealt with long walks before in that long walking trail in our area for example, but looks like the strips are longer. Yeah, New York City's a cool place for sure. Me and my mom went there in January 2017, I wanted to go to try out the Nintendo Switch before its release, but unfortunately for me, we were...kinda late. I did get a badge that has the Switch logo as sort of a consolation prize, at least! And of course we went to the Nintendo NY store; as a Nintendo nut myself, I have to go there every time we go to NYC, lol! We went out to eat in a couple places, too, one of which was vegan-friendly and the food's really good there. Yeah, I can't blame you for going the public transportation route. NYC in general gets insanely crowded.

Oh, that's great to hear your GBA SP's in working order after all. The last time I played my blue GBA SP, just to see if it worked, I was playing Tetris on it and the game froze. That didn't happen on the NES edition GBA SP that I have. As for your OG DS, jeez!!! Sorry that happened...I've had my fair share of people driving like jerks as well. Yeah, my phone's case has been treating mine well, too. As far as I'm concerned, they are absolute musts for smartphones.

Dang, that sounds worse than what I had to put up with. I'm not a big fan of having to be up super early myself...I wanna sleep instead, lol. Best of luck on recovering from your jet lag.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

roy130390

@Eel That's just a temporal solution, I pooped and I'm hungry again.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic