Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,521 to 55,540 of 56,743

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter All that can.... er kinda pass, But Paw Patrol? I think we all played some kiddie game bc it was fun for us, but, paw patrol? I wouldn't even know how to react to that.

I wouldn't even say Animal crossing is a kiddie game per say, its for all ages, But Paw patrol?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Remember, I have never knew about Paw Patrol until I saw the first game on PS4 / switch. Then I tried to find out from YouTube and Google, it was a new 3D kids channel on Nickelodeon. From graphic design, I quickly have interest with them and to find out there are another games again on consoles, it made me want to follow that franchise. Their first game on console was not really convincing me as it looked like decent 2.5 D platformer but their second and third games started to make me considering their games.
Well, I don't play big games like Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros, Xenoblade, etc since I have no interest with them but I got hyped by some kiddie games instead since I have strong interest with something kiddie and educational.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ogo79

Untitled
its like, you know you aint getting that.
frown understood.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

@Isashihtzu
Don't worry.
I got my gaming appetite back on this Saturday after I updated my PS4 Slim and The Sims 4.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

VoidofLight

I’ve never gotten tired of playing games.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Snatcher

@VoidofLight I only have a hard time figuring what game Gets my time LOL, that tires me out!😅

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Snatcher

@ogo79 I kinda feel bad for the doggo now.

VoidofLight

@Snatcher There’s been times where I would go on my switch, wanting to play a game, but when booting the menu up, I would stare at the games, then just turn the console off.

Eel

That sounds like getting tired of playing video games.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

@Eel It’s moreso just when I don’t have a game I’m interested in, since half my switch library are games I barely play. Things like crash or kirby star allies.. or games I got far in, and got stuck in, like dragon quest builders 2.

Eel

That’s ok, admitting you can relate to Anti-Matter is not a crime. 😉

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

reporterdavid

@ogo79 Tasty.

Guys, I just want to say something. Thank you for being so good for each other. And thanks for being there as a support, if you ever did so. At this moment I am alone, but I feel the need to be in a nice community. I am happy to be here, and I love to see people helping each other. I love games like Mario Party and Animal Crossing becouse they give the possibility to play games with each other even if you havent got any friends in real life (also to play Monopoly and such games...). Thanks for being there. Happy to find a place where you can stick around.

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027

X-Slayer

@Isashihtzu Ah, I see. Your welcome!

The World of ZDR, is changing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Metroid Dread (mid frequently)
Pokémon Y (mid frequently)
Ys Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokémon Gold (3DS)

WoomyNNYes

Amazing, after about two years, my gamecube works again. And none of the games required an update. Imagine that.

(if anyone hadn't seen me say it elsewhere, my gamecube stopped working because the ac adapter died. I ended up getting a used Nintendo brand gamecube ac adapter from ebay. A thrid party Tomee brand ac adapter plug fit so scary tight that it feels like it will break the console. Even removing it was scary - to me anyway.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
Ni'tendo liker
Rocket League (3v3 - platinum III/diamond I)

Sunsy

VoidofLight wrote:

I feel concern for any grown adults playing a paw patrol game, unless it’s with their child.

Can't say I'd play a Paw Patrol game, last I've seen of that series was when my nephew was 3-4, around the time it came out. Personally speaking, I do enjoy the occasional cartoon tie-in game, really looking forward to Smurfs Mission Vileaf being a fan of the series.

This is coming from someone who is an adult, I've just always enjoyed animation and cartoons as long as I remember. I will admit, some of the cartoons I like are targeted to kids, like Trolls and Sofia the First. Seriously, the latter kinda surprised me with its storytelling and character development, not bad considering it's a Disney Junior show.

Don't know if my nephew still has an interest in cartoons, but he loves gaming as much as his uncle does.

Anti-Matter wrote:

Well, THQ is no longer published a lot of kids or casual games like during Gamecube and Wii era so I put my hope on Microids and OG Games can be a successors for providing games for kids and casual gamers like Imagine series or Petz series.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I wish THQ Nordic would re-make other Nickelodeon games, in addition to Spongebob. I can only play my old Jimmy Neutron games on GameCube and GBA. Especially since they did mention Jimmy Neutron in addition to other Nick franchises. I guess they only care about Spongebob.

Edit: didn't know the link to the article cut off what I was typing, so fixed that.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
From my experience, THQ was not really good in publishing games for casual gamers.
The kids franchise games during Gamecube era was really hard to play due to terrible controlling scheme and ridiculous goal target to continue the storyline. Blame the developers which got chosen by THQ to create those games.
And THQ have ever published Cheerleader game called All Stars Cheer Squad on Wii and from the gameplay I played, the movements was not even like dynamic cheerleader movements, it was like Semaphore movements. It was so awkward and I laughed to myself to see terrible cheerleader game like that but at least the timing window for execution the movements was great enough, still able to clear the performance. We Cheer 2 by Bandai Namco on Wii was the right model of cheerleader games with dynamic movements like dancing. It was felt almost like Para Para dancing.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Personally, I don't think I had any control problems with the THQ games I've played on GameCube, which was mostly Nickelodeon stuff and Cars.

It's worth noting the THQ now, which is THQ Nordic, is not the THQ from yesteryear. Sometime after THQ closed up shop, a company known as Nordic Games bought the name and several franchises (Red Faction, Darksiders are the only two I can think of at the moment), and the THQ name, which is why Nordic Games is now THQ Nordic.

I actually own a Wii U copy of Legend of Kay, and that's the only game I have with the Nordic Games name on it.

In the mid 2000's, I think THQ's strategy was get the rights to whatever popular property and make it into a game. I remember it was Nickelodeon stuff, Pixar stuff (Disney Interactive/Buena Vista Games did non-Pixar stuff in the early-mid 2000's), Hot Wheels just to name a few. They even co-published most of Sega's GBA games (Sega still published some).

The stream was to celebrate 10 years of THQ Nordic, which meant Nordic Games' own anniversary. THQ was still in business in 2011. I think their last games were Wheel of Fortune and Darksiders 2 on Wii U, 2012. THQ closed in early 2013.

This could only be my guess to why they really don't do much casual/kids games anymore. Little fun fact, THQ stood for Toy Headquarters. My family use to have a Home Alone 2 board game made by THQ, it's also the reason to why it was T*HQ Inc. in older games too.

I can't blame people saying THQ, as it rolls off the tongue better than THQ Nordic, and it's easier to say. Similar to how SNK was easier to say than SNK Playmore, when they use to use that name.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

VoidofLight

@Eel I mean, I don’t get burnout. It’s mostly just that most switch games have either disappointed me or just don’t interest me after a while. On occasion I get stuff like Great Ace Attorney or other games I really want to beat, but it rarely happens on this console.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight OMG I do that at times as well LOL.

TheJGG

VoidofLight wrote:

I mean, I don’t get burnout. It’s mostly just that most switch games have either disappointed me or just don’t interest me after a while. On occasion I get stuff like Great Ace Attorney or other games I really want to beat, but it rarely happens on this console.

Pretty much this exactly, applies to me. The last three months especially have been quite empty as a Switch player that I've even surprised myself with how little I've used it lately.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
F1 2021 (PS5)
Death Stranding (PS5)
No Man's Sky (PS5)
Elite: Dangerous (PS4)
Disco Elysium (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic