Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,501 to 55,520 of 96,537

Vortexeo

@TheJGG I just finished Xenoblade X and now I'm sad lmao. I knew the game ends on a cliffhanger but dang it I have so many questions!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Anti-Matter

Recently i played ACNH again to have house interior makeover since my house interior last time was a mess.
I have changed the furniture arrangement into like these.

Living room
Untitled

Bedroom
Untitled

Kitchen
Untitled

But my house exterior was still same with DDR panel on the floor. 😀
Untitled

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Zuljaras Happy birthday! Have a good one. I can't believe I'll be 3 decades old next year. lol

@Anti-Matter Those are some nice rooms you've got there. Like your DDR panels as well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

reporterdavid

@Zuljaras Happy Birthday! Wow. (turning 30 in october myself) Make it a good one!

Having seen the monkey ball review, its not a no, but also not the big "go!"

@Anti-Matter nice house

October 5th: a new smashgame, the end of smashcharacters, and smashing monkey's.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

tekoii

@Tyranexx I know that the gamecube Luigi's Mansion was supposed to be in 3d, so it's pretty cool for Ninty to actualize that dream into reality with the 3ds port. I love the 3d effect for the simple fact that it isn't anywhere near standard on any console, except the 3ds. I remember showing my little cousin a game that had 3d and almost immediately he was like that's awesome. My happy Xeno-Nerd self is happy I have the 3d version of chronicles <3 lol. All those games you listed do look really cool in 3d. Also, Happy Recent Birthday XD Have a lovely one!

@MarioLover92 For sure! Oh heck yea, Mario Kart games tend to overshadow all else cause of the quality and characters, but still Chocobo GP got me (methinks). Ah not a big in FF, all good man! FF7 is cool of what I've played so far, it surprised me a bunch coming from an FF10 fan. Themes. Right!?It really feels like a missed opportunity for Ninty but hey we got bluetooth. What's next ?

@zuljaras OH and a Happy Birthday to you as well.. have a grand ole time

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
I was surprised some users here didn't really show a good reaction toward Chocobo GP (Chocobo Racing) as mostly users here still consider Chocobo Racing as Mario Kart clones (But other kart racing by 3rd party developers are Mario Kart clones too).
Chocobo Racing was my teenhood game from PS1 so when I saw an image like Chocobo Racing from Nintendo Direct, my reaction was spontaneously "YAAAAY...!!" 😀😀😀 Because I knew that game since 20+ years ago.
I knew the track design in Chocobo Racing was pretty hard for newbie player (such as Black Manor, Gingerbreadland, Volcano, Fantasia, FF VIII circuit) but I have ever played that game before so I think I will get to used it again for Chocobo GP.

My reaction toward certain games from Nintendo Direct was different with some users here as I have raised by PS1 and PS2 games when I was teen until young adult age, so I have more appeal with 3rd party games than Nintendo 1st party games.
Wii was the first Nintendo machine that made me back to experience with Nintendo 1st party games. But since I didn't play N64 & Gamecube games during PS1 & PS2 era, I have different interest with certain 1st party games from Nintendo. Mario games still have appeal for me despite not as big as my appeal with 3rd party games from PS1 & PS2. Never have interest with Zelda, Metroid (Only played Federation Force and it was really hard), Donkey Kong, Smash Bros, Pikmin, old Animal Crossing (Original - City Folk), F-Zero (but I like Big Blue Eurobeat version from YouTube).
I don't really have much interest with Kirby games (it was cute but I didn't really interested with Kirby design), Starfox games (I have Starfox Adventures, wanna get Starfox Assault as well for being different).
The highest hype from Nintendo 1st party for me are New Animal Crossing games (ACNL and ACNH since I can use Amiibo card to choose desired villagers as I want), Mii games (Tomodachi Life, Miitopia, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Music, Wii Party, Wii Fit, Wii Play, Wii Play Motion, Wii Fit Plus).
I don't have big hype with Pokemon as I didn't grow by Pokemon franchise (I grew up by Monster Rancher 2 & 4 instead) so when I was curious to see some kids playing Pokemon X/Y during year 2013, it made me curious to try the game. From my POV, the reason i didn't really have big interest with Pokemon since I felt every Pokemon games I knew were very scripted, didn't feel like a genuine adventure for me as in real adventure stories, there was No compromise from villain with anybody even with kids. I mean the way of Pokemon storytelling was always a 10 years old kid who left from Mom house, meet with professor, meet the rival, meet team villain, found the Legendaries, that's it. And during journey, you got challenged by peoples around the road, for me it didn't feel like a genuine adventure story. Real adventure stories never have peoples waiting for you to challenge like kids being challenged by their friends, it looks very (sorry) fake adventure.
I knew Pokemon have its charm, billion peoples love it but I felt neutral with Pokemon franchise (not really hyped).
I still have interest with them but still (once again) not as big as 3rd party games like Yokai Watch as I oftenly found 3rd party games have more appeal for me. And I really wish next Pokemon games have more Anthromorphic creatures as I have more appeal with Anthromorphic creatures from Yokai Watch than a natural animal looking creatures.

Anti-Matter

octokid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7KGBsNu0dL0
Had to put this somewhere…..
I still have no idea how he could be Mario…
Edit: Just in case you don’t wanna watch it, it’s a bunch of Chris Pratt Mario memes.

Edited on by octokid

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

reporterdavid

I tried to pull up something as well, I dont know If I may place it here...

@Anti-Matter your welcome!

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

tekoii

@Anti-Matter Ahhh sounds like Chocobo Racing is something ya grew up with. Great, I got someone to play Chocobo GP with Also, Starfox Adventures and Starfox Assault!!! I miss those games, the Starfox Assault multi-player could be expanded upon.. I can only imagine a real modern day Starfox game. The closest thing for me I guess would be Starlink, and Starfox 64 on the eventual N64 online.

Ohhh and I really need to get back into either ACNL or ACNH... I feel like ACNL has so much more classic content that I'm more used to. ACNH felt like it wasn't finished at release.. which kinda put me off, but I still enjoyed my 100 or so hours so there's that, though if I were to go back, I'd start over. Oh and I too love those DDR pads outside of your house!!

Edited on by tekoii

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
I displayed DDR panel floor in front of every my villager houses. They have to dance before entering their houses. 🤭

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@octokid Marios voice actor is a clear French speaker, I can see it working with pratt just as much.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tyranexx

Figures. You can ask Alexa to pass gas, but not to do some basic house chores. :zany_face:

@MarioLover92 Thanks! The actual day was kinda bleh since I wasn't feeling the best, but the rest of my long weekend was amazing. Why can't all weekends be four days long? Control over what I wanted to learn is the main reason I liked college. I'm probably in the minority that actually went to college to learn, not party lol. Yeah, many of the other high school kids that played games were usually playing CoD or Halo, or what I call dudebro games. There was a small group of us who played World of Warcraft together for roughly a year though. Many reasons why I stopped, but being too busy/halfway through my senior year played a big part in that.

@Zuljaras Happy (late) birthday!

@tekoii Thanks for the well wishes! The 3D effect done well is amazing; I think those who complain about it being "bad" just played some games where it wasn't used well, or they understandably just couldn't tolerate it past a certain point. I rarely run the effect on full blast. I didn't have a N3DS XL until long after Xenoblade Chronicles 3D released, so I was unable to track down a copy for a reasonable price. I was saved about a year later when the Definitive Edition was announced for the Switch, so at least I got to play that magical game!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

tekoii

@Anti-Matter LOL. It's part of their DDR training regimen. All part of the New Horizons DDR Training Program or NHDTP TM for short !

@Tyranexx You're welcome! Yea, it great that they thought to include a way (especially the physical slider) to change or turn it off. I love the effect and use it from time to time. Ahh I'm glad you got to play and from the sound of it love the game. Xenoblade has become one of my favorite series. While XC1 is an epic and grand adventure that was mostly seamless into the credits, I feel like XC2 had so many emotionally provocative and gratifying moments.

Edited on by tekoii

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Player_One

Looks delicious. Better than fairy in a bottle

Player_One

BruceCM

I hadn't heard of Chocobo Racing before, @Anti-Matter & @tekoii .... But as a big FF fan & since I did like MK8 D, I'll almost certainly be getting the Switch one when that comes! Not that I'll be playing online with it since I'm not that good, so it'll have to have enough single-player content for me to get it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

reporterdavid

Good day. 5 days till smashing new things! The nick game might get DLC Voice updates (personally heard from a high insider. - yes within the company )

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic