Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,401 to 55,420 of 96,591

Sunsy

@Tyranexx I saw the Sonic movie, I loved it. I won't spoil it since you haven't seen it yet.

That's how I feel since most games on console uses P2P connections, outside matchmaking. Older games use that too, playing Doom with my friend was literally P2P for us, only difference is it had a Direct IP connection, so there was no matchmaking service for lack of a better phrase. If you do get into PC gaming, hope you like it. I really like being able to play games I can't on Nintendo systems, or playing favorites with higher framerates. I do find it amusing free-to-play games don't need NSO, yet they do stuff better (my Paladins progress is shared between PC and Switch for example).

I agree with that. Right now, every save file and update I have on my Wii U, sit on some USB flash drives. Though, I just use them for backup as I have a hard drive attached to my Wii U for actually playing games off of, since to my understanding, USB flash drives aren't ideal to play games off of. If Switch had a backup system that's local, I would use it ASAP.

@tekoii Yeah, when he lived up here, we always got to do stuff together including gaming. The amusing part, Miiverse on Wii U allowed you to message friends, and didn't cost anything. I usually have to call my friend if we play a game on Switch. I think we only tried the phone app once out of curiosity.

Same with Tetris, it's just a fun twist on the battle royale craze. I still remember the "battle royale everything" jokes, then Nintendo took it literally, lol.

@Anti-Matter You're welcome.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@tekoii There was some relaxation in there despite all the driving, but it was indeed wonderful. I'm very ready for Dread, but what's a couple more months when I've waited this long? XD Ideally I'd also switch between both games if I thought I'd have time for them both! I really enjoyed the other two Luigi's Mansion entries, and I'm sure this one is a blast too.

@Anti-Matter I'm sure the kids will enjoy it! Deer are fascinating creatures. Congrats on scoring MegaMan Network Transmission!

@Sunsy I actually did game on PC a little back in the day. I sank hundreds of hours into the first two Roller Coaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon entries. Some action/adventure titles too, as well as the Space Cadet pinball game that shipped with Windows XP, various other simulation games, and some really good (and a few bad) edutainment titles like the Oregon Trail and Carmen San Diego franchises. I also had a couple of stints where I played World of Warcraft. It has been several years and, while I'm not a graphics nut, it will be fun to play around with graphics settings. Funny how many of the F2P titles do things better....

Most of my Wii U saves are copied onto a USB flash drive as well, though I've also heard that they aren't ideal to run games off of. It's strictly for backup purposes. I've also backed up my Wii saves onto a SD card, and my 3DS save files are copied onto my current machine and on a different thumb drive as well.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Neat, IIRC, my first PC game was Sonic CD. Before that the family had a Mac Performa, so I got to play a port of Star Wars Rebel Assault II, which I ended up buying on GOG out of nostalgia, that's where I played Oregon Trail and Carmen San Diego too. Roller Coaster Tycoon, I also put lots of hours into that.

I also like Id Software's FPS games, I use to play Quake III Arena a lot, even had two copies to do LAN games at one point. At the time, I got my own desktop after saving up (this was my first gaming PC too), and we had the family computer, so my brother and I could play Quake III over our LAN back then.

It still amuses me that Brawlhalla has smoother netplay than Smash, and didn't cost anything nor needs a subsription.

I do the same with my Wii files too, I have them all on an SD card.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ogo79

been moving. i stayed up moving for like 30 hours. now im all set...lot of work that was!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

Sigh I really want that n64 controller for the switch.

But Nintendo simply doesn't sell any of these switch online special offers or anything like that here. Because evidently when they see "Mexico" in the shipping address, they get confused and scared, so they avoid it for their own sanity.

So if I do want it, it'll have to be through a reseller, and probably for five times the price. At which point then what's the point. So in the end the answer is I simply won't have it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@Eel What about someone in the US buying it and sending it to you?

Edit: I don't know what shipping would be from us to mx.(hmm I forgot about money conversion)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii It takes me like 10-15+ tries to do a sloppy crappy one in a hoops training pack by TriHouse (youtuber). I guess it usually ends up being a chip to aerial and getting one corrective tap. Hardly a dribble. Ground to garbage? But it's relaxing to work on them.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@WoomyNNYes that would be an option, but yes it would take a lot of good organizing and trust, with all the conversions, tariffs, and giving someone my address, and that stuff.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher At the moment not really. My imagination with books is pretty lacklustre, so I'm probably gonna wait until the next one's on the horizon when I read the whole book. Now I get it more it should help a lot.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@TheJGG Really? Well I'm not the best at it as well, not at all actually.

@Zuljaras I really i'm sorry for calling it a photo. 😓

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Snatcher

@Eel if they sell a gamecube i'm sold.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

I just wonder who is here that have no interest with N64 games and prefer PS1 games instead ?
Am i the only one here who don't have any interest with N64 since i have no idea about their existence when i was young ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Snatcher As I said don't think about it I was just poking at you

@Anti-Matter Very interesting choice of words Anti People usually ask if there are others who have interest in things instead of no interest

Also there is always the option to like both even if you experience one of them much later.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I had no idea about it when I was young, buuut I still like em, I like ps1 just as much TBH.

I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
Well, since a lot of peoples start to talk about N64 from NSO recently, i wonder if there are some peoples here who didn't grow up or have no interest with N64 games when still young like me.

I grew up by PS1 games instead, started in June 1998 when my siblings also want to play PS1 games after they got recommendation from their friends.
My siblings started to play FF 8 Japan version with walkthrough from local game magazine and Front Mission 2 PS1, while for me and my Mom, we played Magical Drop III PS1 instead for the first puzzle games from PS1. We have no idea about N64 during that time, the only things we knew were only SNES and NES.
I realized about N64 existence when Gamecube has been released and we started to play PS2 in June 2002.

Anti-Matter

Eel

"Anyone else here prefers the PS1 over the N64?"

That would be a simpler question to ask, and one more people would be inclined to answer.

Of course, please try to remember, we've talked about this before: Let people chat about what they want to chat, intercepting and trying to swerve the discussion towards you isn't something you should do too often.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Ok, I just don't want to offend anybody LOL, But you really haven't seen DBZ? It reminded me of it so much I really thought it was inspired by it.

I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Zuljaras I started gaming with the wii, I guess I just like older games?🤷

I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic