Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,401 to 52,420 of 96,305

WoomyNNYes

I got a little radical on the bike today at the pumptrack. Didn't play any games. Imagine that. I really wish I didn't have to drive an hour to ride some transitions.

I could ride a friends place where there's a vertwall, but that part of his yard is dirt. And I don't like dirt. Cause I'm a baby. I like clean bike, shoes, clothes, car.
(me on said vert wall, springtime a few years ago.)
Untitled

Every town needs a vertwall.

Maybe I just need a truck and quarterpipes, like this innovative fellow.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Losermagnet

@bimmy-lee such a buzzkill. She had me watch this video tape six days ago, and now all my walls are bleeding. I don't know why I follow her on facebook.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Heavyarms55

@Snatcher Well the thing is, when you just block it out like that, it's still clear as day what you're doing. Probably best just not to bother. Like I said, I get it, when you see other people getting away with it all the time, it feels like you should be able to do so too. But that's people and life. It's annoying but it is what it is. I've never once seen that argument work. :/

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

I saw a beautiful rainbow in the sky this morning when I was going to school. 🌈
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I was able to catch the SE show in real-time. While Guardians of the Galaxy looks like an excellent game and is one I'd certainly pick up if it was coming to a console I own (Nope, not counting the cloud version. It might be a future purchase should I eventually grab a PS5.

Past that, the presentation went downhill for me. I've already hit on my likes and dislikes from their bit, so I won't repeat them just yet. The biggest disappointment for me was the missed opportunity that was Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster. I found that shocking considering how platform-happy SE typically is these days. At least plenty of meme-worthy "chaos" resulted from that presentation....

@MarioLover92 I like some of what my parents listened to...to a point. Michael Jackson for example. But I sort of went my own way with music after a time lol. Besides video game music, I also like listening to various forms of rock (some classic rock too, though usually very few songs from before the 70s) and metal. There are a few sub-genres out of both that I gravitate to or avoid, but listing them all would generate a novella. XD Metalcore and alternative rock are two of my favs though.

Your cat sounds very affectionate! Does he also have a laid-back personality?

@ThanosReXXX No worries! Completely understandable. Life has hit me like a train last week and parts of this week, so I've been absent sometimes too. While you're certainly under no obligation to go into details about private matters, I do hope that everything is all right.

On my BotW playtime: Hah, I suppose in that context, I DID binge the game! It and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition are the Switch games I've put the most time into as of this writing. Roughly ~135 hours each (REALLY wish the Switch gave exact times....Previous systems did this), though that number will certainly go up for the former since I picked up the expansion pass in the recent sale. Haven't gotten to the new content yet though.

I'm sure there are plenty, especially those who have owned a Switch since launch, that would laugh at my current playtime lol. I think the current record holders are someone on my friend list who's put ~1,065 hours into Pokemon Sword, and another who's done closer to the ~1,000 hour mark on Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

@Anti-Matter Just found the DDR video. Very nice! Definitely takes a lot of practice, muscle memory, and dedication!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I've got a person on my friend list with, last time I checked, well over 2000 hours in Splatoon 2 alone. I'm not convinced that they actually sleep.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Thanks. 😀
I was thinking some random idea to record my DDR playing at home since I couldn't play DDR at Arcade during pandemic.
It was more than 1 year I didn't play DDR Arcade. I almost forgot the feeling of playing DDR at Arcade. 😩

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Heavyarms55 Ya, I'm just going to not anymore, or try. its just annoying when that happens, And its not even the fact that others get away with it, its just more or less that I feel like it was aimed at me, even tho it probably wasn't, Again i'm glade they at least told me why so i'm not just setting here wondering why it got took'n off.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Heavyarms55 2,000? Ya idk if they sleep ether LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Tyranexx

@TheJGG In hindsight, I'm glad I did wait! It's easier to discuss E3...after E3. After some of the hype has died down and the gaming press isn't firing off articles faster than I can click or tap on them. XD Definitely an early response for you! The timestamp for the post and notification was 2 AM on the dot. Typically, your posts appear late morning or early afternoon in my time zone. Crazy how living on a spherical floating rock works, huh?

I've considered dropping my current BotW save in favor of doing everything over with all the expansion pass content. I still might one day. However, as enjoyable as the game is, I don't think I'm quite ready for another complete run just yet. I wish I'd picked up the expansion pass from the beginning since a lot of what's available, from what I've read, is available to the player even from the start. Still, the slight discount was quite appreciated. Part of my hesitation is that I'm usually not one to dive into DLC unless it's 1. free or 2. worth it in my book. Point 1 is a no-brainer as long as I have the storage space, while 2 usually loses out to frugality and "Yeah, that's pretty cool Tyranexx, but you don't need it." It was hard to ignore that much decent content, particularly for my favorite video game series. It definitely is much more than cosmetics and the pay-to-win or gacha nonsense that many modern games like to use.

As for Master Mode, I could certainly see myself trying the harder difficulty in a new playthrough when that does happen. I've dived into many (though not all) Hero Modes or Second Quests as the Zelda games allow. Which reminds me, I still need to go back and tackle Hero Mode in A Link Between Worlds...even if the 4x damage is a masochist's dream.

The Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin trailer still makes me laugh a little when I go back to it. I need to track down some gameplay to see if it's as cringe as the trailer lol. Makes me wonder how parts of the one guy's resume will look:
Strengths: Killing Chaos
Weaknesses: Chaos
Previous Job Experience: Freelancer (Slaying Chaos, tracking down Chaos, memeing Chaos)

The only Musou game I've played to date is the original Hyrule Warriors. Age of Calamity is a planned purchase for later this year. I was also debating about getting Fire Emblem Warriors at one point but decided against it.

As a kid, I probably would've liked Fortnite. These days, I'm not really into online/multiplayer games unless it's with people, both locally and online, that I trust. I'm not into battle royales in general to be honest. As for the V-bucks abuse, that's definitely due to parent/guardian ignorance and/or indulgence. Same with the "OMG, video games are violent/explicit/sexual and are corrupting our children!" crowd. There's a reason rating systems were implemented so that parents could expose their children to certain types of content at their discretion. While I'm sure I've mentioned this, I often didn't receive video games outside of birthday and Christmas gifts (and usually not many at that). I did receive a small allowance and learned the importance of saving up for games and other items I really wanted. Microtransactions and in-game currency weren't things when I was a kid, but games were definitely expensive!

Truth be told, I have played games that were reliant on time and date systems, or at least the passage of time. Pokemon being the most prominent example. I don't like manually changing system clocks when possible since it feels like cheating. I'd almost have to do that to play the Stalk Market in New Horizons; typically, my Sundays don't free up for gaming until some point in the afternoon. Stardew Valley might be an "eventually" purchase, if only to see what all the fuss is about.

I've debated about getting Disney+. I'm a huge fan of many of their franchises and shows, though not their corporate decisions and (DUN DUN DUN!) Michael Eisner's...interesting legacy. That price point is cheaper than Netflix. I might run a trial, if one exists, when my schedule is less nutso. Which...might be a little while. Next week should be a bit more laid back though. (Now that I've jinxed it....)

Your friend made excellent choices for their first three Switch games, though my praise for Smash Ultimate is secondhand; I haven't played it. I tried out Super Smash Bros. Wii U and certainly enjoyed it, but as with most fighting games it just didn't hold my attention for too long. I recognize it's a very fun series, but I don't think it's quite for me. Breath of the Wild was a definite buy, and it's hard to go wrong with either Super Mario Odyssey or Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Both are excellent Mario games, though they play very differently and have their own respective strengths and weaknesses. I'd say SM3DW (and, by extension, 3D Land) are perfect fusions between the 2D and 3D Mario titles.

Your PS5 game impressions are much appreciated! I'd be interested in all those titles. Spider-Man is probably one of my favorite individual heroes in the entire Marvel canon, though my absolute favorites would be both Rogue and Jubilee from the X-Men (The 90s animated series had nothing at all to do with my bias. ). Final Fantasy VII Remake is still slated for the future. Same with Nier:Automata (REALLY hope that comes to the Switch or its successor in some form). As for Witcher 3, I've heard very good things about the game and have debated about picking up the Switch version...but I'm not sure I'm up for picking up another open world game just yet. Especially since titles like Xenoblade 2 and Skyrim are both rotting in my backlog....

Oof. Sounds like you had quite a trip with that second vaccine dose! I only ever dealt with a bit of fatigue and arm soreness both times, so I lucked out in that regard. Your symptoms mostly matched what my mother went through. I was thoroughly expecting to get the same treatment. Sounds like you had a fever dream. I'm sorry Final Fantasy Origin worked its way in. It's amazing what sort of mess our brains can spit out at times. Glad it was a relatively short trip! Kudos for the XC reference.

I've dealt with a fever dream once along with a bit of delirium; I was fourteen and started having chest tightness during winter break. We thought I just had a sinus infection (not very unusual then). A few days of that, then I had a really bad night. I'd received an OG DS that Christmas, and one of the games I received was WarioWare: Touched!. Random characters and events from the game kept appearing in a jumbled mess (Which, even for the sane and conscious, is a pretty zany series). The weirdest thing? There were times I knew I was awake and the dream was still going on. Very weird feeling. Woke up the next morning, figured out I was actually sick, learned I had a high fever. I was carted off to the doctor as soon as an appointment could be made and learned I had pneumonia. We caught it early enough that I thankfully wasn't hospitalized.

I've decided not to pre-order Metroid Dread unless I can get a hold of the special edition (grumbles at scalpers), but I will at least try to get it day one in stores. To say I'm super excited is an understatement; in terms of releases this year, it's shot to #1 in my wish list! The Game & Watch will be a nice trinket, even if roughly 1/4 of what's on offer likely won't get cleared; I've beaten Zelda II, but not without save states. There's a heck of a difficulty spike after the first temple. I still need to watch the E3 Treehouse segment on Advance Wars, but I'm excited to give that a try as well. I do hope there's a demo closer to when it launches. The WarioWare series isn't for everyone, and to be honest I do prefer the Wario Land platformers. However, the microgames and general zaniness are certainly addicting in small doses!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 That...might be doable if they literally played nothing else. Though I too would admittedly question that user's sleep cycle (or lack of). I probably clocked close to that amount of hours on a couple of games as a kid (mainly the Zoo Tycoon and Roller Coaster Tycoon games), but that was when I had WAY more time on my hands. Can't speak for the Pokemon Sword player, but I know for a fact that Animal Crossing is the AC:NH record holder's favorite series. They've sank even more time than that into New Leaf on the 3DS, though that was over a period of several years.

@Anti-Matter You really are talented at the series! I've played the arcade version once before, but I don't live where I can normally access one of the machines. Needless to say I certainly needed practice.

Heavyarms55

@Snatcher I'll have to skim through my list again at some point and see what number they are at now.

@Tyranexx I've got a few thousand hours in my Switch at this point. But I've had it since launch. But I don't think there's ever been any one game that I've put 2000 hours into. Long running series, like Pokemon, over several generations? Absolutely. But not into a single title.

It impresses me that people can put that much time into one title. For me, at that point, it would likely stop feeling like a game and start feeling like work.

Anti-Matter

My hand drawing of Sergeant Burly from Yokai Watch 2 with the making of hand drawing process. 😀
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I will upload again the next hand drawing after several hours.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Finally, been waiting for you to get to this dude. Keep it up!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Thank you. 😀
The next hand drawing will be my favorite Yokai from Yokai Watch games.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Very good job on Sergeant Burly! He was a fun character in the anime.

@Heavyarms55 I probably pumped ~1000 hours into a game or two back in the day, but I highly doubt anywhere above that number. I've also put at least that amount of time or more into long running series like Pokemon, but never with a single game. The longest file I have in that series is Pokemon Diamond at ~300 hours.

After a point, a game does feel like work to me. I'm getting better at recognizing the "I want to move on" itch with most titles. I used to be such a completionist lol. Though I'll usually see a game through to the end credits unless I don't like what I'm playing.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Thank you. 😀
But here is one thing about Sergeant Burly when I played Yokai Watch 3.
He wasn't really strong enough as I thought even he was from the same tribe Brave as usually Brave Yokai have higher stats of Attack and HP. My other Brave Yokai were even stronger than Sergeant Burly with same level. He has lower Defense stats even I have equipped him with accessories that increase his Defense stats. He is rank A Yokai so I cannot equip him with Special Red Orb accessory for rank B - E Yokai that boost Defense and Speed by 30 points.

BTW, you have spent 300+ hours for Pokemon Diamond ?
I still have accumulated 115+ hours for Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS.
My Pokemon games on 3DS and Switch are still under 100 hours since I played Pokemon games more casual than Yokai Watch 3DS.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

Got back from replaying Sonic Mania. I thought it'd be the best game to play through for Sonic's 30th, since most of the game is based on classic Sonic zones! I ended up getting all the Chaos Emeralds on my first try too, which was sweet.

@Sunsy I can so imagine Sonic saying "yeah!" lol. Glad you liked the Sonic Symphony!

@SM3DASislit I only played a couple Monkey Ball games. Besides Super Monkey Ball 2, I also played that one Monkey Ball game from Sega Superstars, which was that EyeToy game. I didn't like it that much though, only because I didn't like the motion controls.

I kinda agree with that Disney comment you made too - I have more of an attachment to the Disney Renaissance movies since they came out during my generation. I think I've seen more Renaissance films than the older ones. lol

@Tyranexx Yeah, my cat is quite attached to me. I'd say he does, he likes to chill out more than playing, for example. He does tend to hide when we have company over though. I guess you could say he's a bit of a scaredy-cat, lol.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ogo79

@Anti-Matter
i seen a double rainbow a couple years ago, dont think ive ever seen that before

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - Those Super Naturals figures are incredible, well done man. My brother and I had a few of them, pretty sure I had a werewolf figure. Always been a big werewolf guy myself, but skeletons are also very cool. Especially when they glow. I’m getting a big bin of our old toys from my parents here pretty soon, but I think all the really good stuff is long gone. I’m looking forward to picking through it though. I’ll let you know if I find anything good.

please let me know if you come across anything...lets say...boney...its crap, sell it to me, you totally dont want to keep it...

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@ogo79 You remind me a bit of my father. When I was a kid he used to take me along with him to toy shows and flea markets and such looking for a lot of the toys he had as a kid in the 60s and 70s. Only to collect them this time. It was always fun going to events like that, and our basement was full of shelves of model cars, GI-Joe, and Lost in Space stuff. Though I don't collect the same stuff, it's because of him that I collect so much in general. For me it's trading cards, anime figures, model kits plushies and games.

Good memories.

Congrats on your find and good luck in future hunts!

that means a lot to me, i wasnt going to say much about this, but my dad just passed away on the 9th, its been super hard on me, and i too get collecting from my dad, he made and collected knives, it wasnt my thing but nevertheless, i assume i get that knack of collecting from him, its what keeps people going. i appreciate the response, life is funny that way sometimes

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic