Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,401 to 52,420 of 56,564

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I don't have HBO Max either, maybe the DVD/Blu-Ray is an option? I'm thinking about seeing the movie that way. Even though I do stream movies on Netflix and other streaming services, I still buy DVDs and Blu-Rays just to have physical copies of movies and shows I like a lot.

@TheJGG Thank you. I actually feel the same way with Poppy, she's a character that always makes me happy. I do feel like I've become that guy with the Amy avatar ever since joining the site, since I usually play as her in spin-off Sonic games like Sonic Battle or Team Sonic Racing. Wanted to try a different character I like.

Sunsy

TheJGG

@Sunsy If my name was @VIIIAxel I’d heavily argue I’ve began favouring Melia too much, but it’s not so… I’ve began favouring Melia too much!

I’m not an expert by any means but giving oneself a profile picture because it’s popular or because everyone’s using it (like that Deus Ex one; I think), is a bad idea, and that personal preference should precede everything. I’ve only used… four different images since joining, but they all have some sort of significance.

So next time you’ll see me in an Anna (Frozen) avatar or something…

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
F1 2021 (PS5)
Death Stranding (PS5)
No Man's Sky (PS5)
Elite: Dangerous (PS4)
Disco Elysium (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Are you interested with Story of Seasons games?
Well, Story of Seasons Friend of Mineral Town will have PS4 version as well according to playasia.
Take a look my post above. ☝
Also..... Rune Factory 4 Remaster will be on PS4 too.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

@TheJGG I agree, that's why I went with Amy too, she is one of my favorite characters to play as in the Sonic series. I've always liked using characters I like as avatars.

That sounds like something I would do since I like Anna. I should try to watch Frozen and Frozen II again sometime, they both been on my mind lately.

@Anti-Matter I saw the post, sorry to say I'm not interested in Story of Seasons. When you get the game, I do hope you enjoy playing it.

Sunsy

Anti-Matter
Ratchet & Clank: Life of Pie short animation.
Looks funnier than the 2016 movie version.

Note: They are still arguing about pineapple on pizza.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

MarioLover92

@Snatcher Okay great! Although, all I have is a smart TV and there's no app for it. Plus I prefer watching movies/shows on a TV rather than my laptop.

@Sunsy Yeah, that's another option I'd consider. Streaming it was my first consideration, only because of that convenience factor. Though I'm much more of a gamer than a movie buff, I have a good amount of DVDs/blu-rays for many of the movies I enjoy.

I'm pretty much the same way when it comes to avatars. Mario is my favorite character, so he's always in mine! That'd be fun to rewatch Frozen and its sequel, I like those movies as well. Have you ever watched Tangled? That's another good one.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

TheJGG

@Sunsy Go for it, by all means! Lemme know how they’ve aged since you first saw them. Has the initial magic worn off, or is it a truly good film? I’m with @MarioLover92 as well, in that Tangled is an amazing film. So well written with some gorgeous animation, and superb voice acting.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
F1 2021 (PS5)
Death Stranding (PS5)
No Man's Sky (PS5)
Elite: Dangerous (PS4)
Disco Elysium (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

BruceCM

Saw the Hitman's Bodyguard earlier... Naturally, you're not supposed to take it seriously & the excellent cast with superb performances make it a top satirical action film 9/0

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioLover92

@TheJGG Yeah absolutely! My mom and I saw it on Mother's Day this year, as well. Great movie

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

@BruceCM It was even funnier for me since the movie takes place in Den Haag. But it is actually filmed in my hometown of Sofia (Bulagria) because ... well it is cheaper The House of Justice in the movie is actually our General Bank

I just can't look at the movie with the same eyes other people can

@TheJGG Tangled, Moana/Vaiana, Raya >>>>> Frozen

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

BruceCM

Oh, well, I wouldn't know about that, @Zuljaras.... Films often do 'cheat' with locations, mind you

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Alrighty. I actually don't have cable, so I tend to watch shows and movies on streaming, or watch DVDs.

That's cool. There's too many characters I like between gaming and cartoons. Yes, I love Tangled, great movie. Last time, I think I ended up watching it again because Rapunzel made an appearance in Sofia the First (found this show surprisingly good IMO, even if it's aimed at a younger audience). I consider Tangled one of my favorites.

Just wondering, anyone ever see The Princess and the Frog? I always find this one underrated as I rarely see anyone talk about it. Just came to mind talking about Disney movies, always enjoyed this one, and love the 2D animation of it.

@TheJGG Definitely considering rewatching both Frozens. I have them both, now to find a night to watch it.

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Princess and The Frog ?
If you can resist to not cry whenever you see this scene.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

MarioLover92

@Sunsy I don't have cable either. We used to have it for a long time though. We now have streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+ and it's a heck of a lot more affordable than those insane cable bills. lol

Nice - the first time I saw Tangled was sometime after I saw Frozen. I did see bits and pieces of The Princess and the Frog, but not the entire thing. I'd like to give that a full watch sometime. I love 2D animation as well, especially if it's a Disney movie!

bimmy-lee

Here’s a weird one, anyone seen The Triplets of Belleville? It’s a strange, beautifully animated musical comedy. There’s not much dialogue, but the music is fantastic.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG I agree for the most part, because I also like movies (and books) that make me think or take notice, but sometimes, you just want to sit back, switch off your brain, get a beer and a bucket of popcorn and simply enjoy something more akin to simpler (but still enjoyable) entertainment.

As for movie critics: I never take them seriously, and I seldomly or rarely find myself agreeing with them, unless they're actually positive. Whenever I get to the point where I actually would find myself agreeing with their sour reviews most of the time, that's when I'll officially label myself as a bitter, old man.

If critics were to be believed, almost none of the Marvel movies were even remotely close to being good, but personally, I enjoyed each and every one of them. Some more than others, but I'm always happy to see a new one arriving, and I'm always excited to go see it in the cinema with my best friends.

I don't know exactly what you mean by the Illumination movies being derivative, and I also don't see the almost malevolent intent that you seem to find in them. I think it's actually the other way around: they MAKE it look easy/complacent, but it's anything but. I think @Eel said it best when he coined the phrase that Illumination might suffer from a "perceived lack of creativity".

In the end it's just simple, animated entertainment, nothing more, nothing less, and such WAY too heavy notions or labels should not be attached to media like that. It's primarily meant to entertain kids (obviously) and hopefully also bring a smile to the faces of the adults that have to accompany the kids to the cinema.

I'll send you my friend code later on, in some abandoned comment thread, because I've already collected most of the other players here that I'd like to connect with, so I don't want to advertise my friend code to everyone. But seeing as we might be starting a Chit-Chat Crew for Asphalt 9, you're welcome to it.

EDIT:
On second thought, I'll just use your code instead, seeing as it's already public. You'll easily recognize me, seeing as my name is more or less the same as on here, except for one less X, due to stupid Nintendo only allowing for 10 character names...

P.S.

I had to laugh a bit at the whole "I'm happy you can find enjoyment from the films; and honestly I did too when I was younger" part, because it made it look like YOU were the older person between the two of us, whereas in real life, I'm probably considerably older than you. Or than most of the other people on here, bar the odd exception.

@Zuljaras Large parts of the first The Hitman's Bodyguard actually ARE filmed in the Netherlands, but mostly in Amsterdam. I've actually seen some of the stunts being performed live, because I live near the location where they were filmed.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninjalaislit

Seems like I hit a gold mine (or that's what it feels like that is) with the Illumination/animation question that I asked, LOL.

I'm thinking of starting a question game, where I ask things like:

• How do you feel about (insert company here) or what (insert company here) with X thing?
  • Can someone please why (insert question about company or person here)?
  • A scenario like: You're the new CEO of a company your company has quite a few things to fix, what do you fix first?
    These are just some of the questions I can think of.
    I'm wondering what you guys think about that, and if that's something you all would be interested in doing here in the Chit Chat Thread.

@Sunsy
Yeah, I can definitely see why people don't like the Minions.
That's true, it did feel like the Minions were everywhere for a while.

I haven't seen the Trolls series, but maybe I'll see it someday.
I guess you say that I started a Chit-Chat Animated Renaissance™.

@ThanosReXXX, @Zuljaras
I didn't know you guys liked animated movies and were into them.

@Zuljaras
I didn't realize you liked Illumination so much, and I'm surprised that you like animated movies so much as well, considering the fact that you tend to like things that are a bit more on the mature side.

(Which is fine, I think it's really good to have a wide variety of things to you enjoy. It's just that I consider kids animated movies and more mature stuff like DOOM and Wolfenstein to be polar opposites or just opposite sides of the spectrum, which is why I was surprised if you get what I mean)

@Eel
That’s good that you’re able to enjoy most of Illuminations movies.

I’ve heard of all those reasons as to why people don’t like Illuminations movies.

The first two reasons I can get, but the perceived lack of creativity reason I don’t understand at all.

@MarioLover92
For the Direct, there a mix of games that I was personally excited for, and games that I knew others would be excited for.

I wonder if Disney will ever bring back Touchstone and Hollywood Pictures, they probably won't but I think it would be interesting (and kind of cool) to see them make a comeback. I mean they brought back Touchstone Television for a very brief when they were doing (another) reorganization with the Fox assets they own.

@TheJGG
Like I told MarioLover92 earlier, I actually finished school around a few weeks ago, I've been busy with work (and doing things around the house).

Yeah, their catalog is definitely smaller because they own less content and because they've been around for less time than Illumination has been.

That does make sense. I feel like Comcast, in general, has a more aggressive tone to them, than Paramount (or ViacomCBS) does, and that's probably because Comcast is in serious competition with Disney, and Paramount (and ViacomCBS) is probably worried that if they go too aggressive, they will most likely quite a few customers which ViacomCBS can't afford to do as it's the smallest of the "Big Five" movie companies.

Yeah, Incredibles II could have definitely benefitted from another year of development. I think it would have a lot closer quality to the first one. Like I mentioned earlier, I still like Incredibles II but it wasn't as good as Pixar's other movies were, and a lot said it was the usual Pixar quality and I guess I raised my expectations too high, even though I usually trust critics for animated movies (at least with Disney & Pixar) more than live-action movies.
Toy Story 4 was sabotaged even with the 2-year delay it had, considering the fact that it had 75% percent of the script was rewritten after the initial writers left. I still ended up liking Toy Story 4, but I notice a drop in quality, though.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Snatcher

so the emoji movie, its the worst movie I have ever seen but, I feel like it could have been great with a tweak or to here, But idk what do you guys think about it?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Snatcher

Also no one is going to agree with me on this buuuuuuut, the mitchells vs the machines is overrated, I mean the animation is fantastic but the story is eeeeeeeee?? The daughter and father thing could have been cool but man, Katie messed this movie up for me, She was acting like such a B**** the whole movie and sure, she did get better at the end of the movie, but thats at the end! Like I kinda feel bad for the father this whole movie, and the way he acted was not really the right way, but I sure don't think he was evil for it. I could go on an on, but don't get me wrong, I don't hate this movie, I just think some things here and there could have been done better.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

ThanosReXXX

@SM3DASislit Well, you never asked and I never said that I didn't. In fact, quite a while ago, there has already been a discussion over animated movies in the Chit-Chat thread, if I remember correctly.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic