Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,321 to 52,340 of 96,481

Heavyarms55

I tend to choose the girl option in most games too. Unless there is a big romance element to the game and the game only allows for hetero pairings. Then I'll play as a man.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I always pick boy character for playing both Pokemon and Yokai Watch games, except on Yokai Watch 3 you play as both Nate and Hailey.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Eel That is why sometimes the games that lock you to a certain character are better because the story is tailored for that character specifically and the experience is better.

In the build your character games, as you said, people choose what they identify as which is pretty generic and not that unique like for example Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us etc.

But there are games like Resident Evil that let you choose a character not the gender of the character which is also good as is delivers better than the generic experience

Snatcher

@Heavyarms55 Same, When they have romance stuff in it, I feel better playing as a dude bc its almost you know your on the date sorta? if they allow male and female parings its male for me, any other time female.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Yes I agree.

@Anti-Matter Didn't you do one of those songs blind folded?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Eel

Zuljaras wrote:

In the build your character games, as you said, people choose what they identify as which is pretty generic and not that unique like for example Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us etc.

That's kinda not what I was mentioning, I know several people that will actively chose to create a character they'd want to see or find cool, instead of a character they identify with. So, creating or customizing your character goes beyond self-representation, it can be used as another creative aspect.

Though to be honest with some people it's simply a case of "If I'm gonna stare at the main character's behind for X hours, it might as well be a [insert preference]" .

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Losermagnet

While I'm sure I almost always pick the male option when given the choice in games, I don't really think about it too much. In Dark Souls for instance, I'm gonna cover my speechless character head-to-toe in armor and probably never see their face again. Besides once you go hollow all the characters end up looking like beef jerky anyway.

Or course the option should be there. I just mean to reiterate that I never think too much about gender.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Anti-Matter

Oh, I always choose male option for every games except when the games has straight marriage like older Bokumono games before Marvelous ultimately allow same gender marriage.
I will happily pick some handsome looking husbandos and keep playing as a male character. I did the same thing for The Sims 4 PS4 by created tons of muscular dudes. So far, I almost never take control the female characters from The Sims 4.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Snatcher Yeah. For me, I play as a girl if there's no romance, or if there and they allow girl-girl stuff. Otherwise I'll play as a dude because I'm only interested in romancing girls.

#noshame

Oh, I suppose I should say in the rare case that I'm specifically trying roleplay a certain character, or a certain type of character then my usual rules don't apply.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
No.
I played CHAOS normally with open eyes as the song has 42 sudden stops that you have to memorize precisely.
Just take a look how difficult this song if you don't memorize the timing when you have to stop and go. (video gameplay by someone else)

The DDR songs I can play without seeing the arrows are Wonderland (UKS mix), AFRONOVA, AM-3P, Sexy Planet. All songs played on Expert difficulty.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Losermagnet

Come to think of it.....I kind of hate having romance options in games. I don't know whether to blame Mass Effect or F.E: Awakening for it being so popular, but i'm so sick of harem-style romancing. Give me a slightly awkward live triangle a lá Cloud-Tifa-and Aerith any day.

Zuljaras

Eel wrote:

Though to be honest with some people it's simply a case of "If I'm gonna stare at the main character's behind for X hours, it might as well be a [insert preference]" .

That is the case with ALL of my WoW buddies back in the glorious WoW days! The always play as female Blood Elves

Snatcher

@Heavyarms55 Same, I'm only in it for the girls, GIrl-girl, I might do some times, but its pretty rare.

@Anti-Matter Flexing are we?

Snatcher

@Losermagnet @Zuljaras I can see witcher doing that to ya, saying as if you do you got to look at the going get going.

Anti-Matter

I did a lot of Romantic relationship in The Sims games. I don't hesitate to flirt, hug, kiss with same gender characters. In my opinion, the same gender couple can be looks so cute and sweet.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Girl and Girl ?
"I kissed a girl and I liked it...." (Katy Perry) 🤣

And yeah...
I prefer muscular dudes or athletic looking dudes in video games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Its why I like that you can pick gender bc if your into a sort of thing you can do so. and some how its not political Oh Gee I wonder why????

Losermagnet

@Zuljaras it always seemed incongruous to me that Commander Shepard (Mass Effect) would make so much effort to bed one of his teammates. Like it seriously makes me question where "saving everybody" ranks on his list of priorities.

One of my favorite examples of character development through this type of thing is John Marston in Red Dead Redemption. He actually turns down prostitutes. And it's because he's a married man and has his values.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic