Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,321 to 52,340 of 54,362

TheJGG

@BruceCM Yes and No… I got it on PS4, strictly speaking the Game of the Year edition. So it’s mechanically similar to what the Complete Edition entails but it’s not on Switch. I always planned to get it on PS4 because of the graphical improvements over Switch. Plus I’ll likely be entitled to the upcoming PS5 upgrade!

@Vortexeo I’ll make sure to let you know which I enjoy more! Wonder which one you picked… but that’s the surprise!

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

BruceCM

Cool, @TheJGG.... The replays through Nier shouldn't take as long as the first & even if you did all the endings, it's unlikely to take as long as just the main game for W3, since you presumably wouldn't be trying to rush that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG Yes it is, so no worries. The table has four sets of wheels underneath. The guy from the store who came to install it, said that it was perfectly safe as well. It stands solid as a rock and due to the wheels, offers easy access to the back, whenever I need to.

@bimmy-lee Thanks, I'm VERY happy with it. Positively over the moon, in fact. It's an LG OLED55CX6LA, the 55 obviously signifying the screen size. It's last year's model of what has now evolved into the C6 series, but this is still the 2020 CX model, and after having compared a multitude of both English and Dutch language reviews, this exact model came out on top 9 out of 10 times, where gaming and watching sports matches and movies are concerned. Super low lag for gaming, fast refresh rates for sports matches, and the deepest blacks and HDR for movies and your favorite TV series.

The image sharpness cannot really be conveyed through photos, seeing as my smart phone, which I used to make the pictures, is "only" 2k and the screen is obviously 4K, so you'd have to see it, to believe it.

I paid €1099 for it, which in dollars is either the same, seeing as dollar prices for items like these are usually converted 1:1 to euros, or if it's a true conversion, then we're talking $1331,93.

If you like what you see and hear, go to a store where they sell LG TVs, and don't let them talk you into getting the C6, which is about 300 bucks more expensive, and really doesn't offer all that much more, so it'd be a waste of money. If you're a sucker for added/improved sound, safe that cash for a sound bar, although I have to say that the sound coming from the TV itself is also already pretty good.

Did I already mention that sports matches look particularly good? The grass is SO green and realistic...

If you have any further questions, you'll know where to find me.

EDIT:
Here's the site I bought it from:
https://www.coolblue.nl/en/product/858461/lg-oled55cx6la-2020...
Not that you'd be able to order from them, but as you'll see, they do have a native English language option for site information, so you can at least also read up on all the necessary info and specs, instead of just being able to look at the pretty pictures or having to mangle the site language through Google Translate...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

Welp, it finally happened. I've replaced my phone with an iPhone.

It might seem weird coming from the resident iPad fanboy, but the last time I used an iPhone as my main phone was with the 5c, which was like a hundred tech years ago and it lasted me only months (because it got stolen). So it's been quite weird switching from Android to iPhone.

On the bright side, Pokemon Go runs 10 times better on this phone compared to my previous one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

So I used a gift card that I had leftover (Once again still doesn't count as me buying this before E3 bc Its extra money, and it was for kohls LOL) And I used it on Luigi's M 3, Never played one before so this will be my first one, It should come today, Wish me luck, I hope I like it.

Nintendo is like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Drinking the apple kool-aid, are we? (jk, that's my fake trolling )

Congratuations on the new phone. New camera must be nice. I've been putting off getting a new phone because I hate the process of buying a new phone, customizing the settings, and uninstalling bloatware (unnecessary) apps. I think I'm going to get a Samsung Galaxy S20. My Galaxy S10 has served me well. And since I got a tablet for home internetting, now I don't waste charge cycles searching internet on my phone - meaning my S10 battery is not degrading as fast as it used to.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
Friendly Rocket League player (diamond 1 3v3)
https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Horatio_McCallister

Eel

Yeah the camera is a lot better too.

My old phone has a bit of water damage on the screen, so I figured it was about time to upgrade. I do intend to keep it around though, since it’s literally my only android device.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Heavyarms55

So, is it weird that I consider Arizona to be more foreign and alien feeling Japan? I was raised in Michigan, then moved to Japan where I lived for a little more than 5 years. Then after my contract ended, I moved to Arizona, where most of my family lives. But the climate in Shiga, Japan where I lived was very similar to Michigan. Sure Japan has a lot of mountains, and that causes some distinct differences, especially with fog and low clouds, but they still have a lot more in common than different actually. And that made it very easy to get used to it. And the things that were different, were very pleasant. The mountains in Japan are lush, full of vegetation and very beautiful and alive.

But this part of Arizona I live in now is radically different. It's so incredibly dry here. I'm talking levels of dryness that I had never seen before I came here. Anywhere people aren't actively maintaining things, almost any plants just die. Even cacti are far and few between here. It's a desert, but growing up my image of a desert was always like the Sahara. Sand and cacti. The desert here is dead, dry, parched and cracked soil. We go months at a time without more than a sprinkle of rain. Heck, we can go weeks without clouds.

Arizona has mountains too, but they're utterly unlike the ones in Japan. They're all dry, dead, baked and barren. I know they aren't, but they look utterly lifeless.

And yet, people built a farming community out here, and pump water in from hundreds of kilometers away. I guess the soil is good if you add water.

I am sure people who were born and raised here would laugh at me.

I guess at least part of why I've felt so depressed lately is me having a hard time adjusting. I've always liked rain more than most people tend to. I've never gone literally months without a good rain and I think it's bothering me more than I realized. I guess I'm just a weirdo like that.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

You can see a bit more of the stereotypical desert if you drive to Yuma. There’s places with nothing but sand dunes there!

In the winter, you can go to Mt Lemmon if you wish to see a winter village in the mountains. Snow, ice, overpriced trinkets. Everything.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Teksetter

@COVIDberry, thanks for the message! It's always a pleasure to hear from my favorite furball.

COVIDberry wrote:

Where is your steady voice to help me navigate all the choppiness and the jostling of E3 season? 😏

Wow yes, it is a hectic time of year for us video game news seekers. I'd say THE busiest time, really, at least traditionally when we're not all bunkered and trying to ride out pandemics. Any kind of E3 is welcome news - once again, the anticipation is real and predictions and wants are posted in every other article. I'm usually able to dodge getting run over by the hype train, but I always see more news than is good for me and finish the week coveting unreasonable amounts of games. Not good when my backlog is already long enough to last until my Swith is on life support if not long dead...

I think your speculation that Nintendo will go for incremental Swith upgrades over time is spot on. It just seems so likely they'll roll out iterations like they did with their earlier handhelds, rather than the abrupt gen-jumps of their home consoles. Intro the more powerful Big Boy Swith Max Pass Plus in the next 1-2 years with a better screen and battery (and maybe fix the joy-con drift issue), and enhanced performance, but keep the games mostly cross-compatible for the time being.

You'll note above I fixed my woefully inadequate new Swith model name, now that you enlightened me with that Devolver video link. And here I was thinking the Limited Run Games video was out there...!
Thanks for the chuckle, and enjoy all the news this week!

Teksetter

ogo79

Zuljaras wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

i...feel...another...skeleton warrior purchase is coming...
must resist...

Don't! Just buy it!

yer right, lets make this simple!

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Ah, okay. So, that was just a picture you posted, then? For a minute there, I thought you had let go of your high quality, skeleton-only standards...

youve got me figured out all the way sir. ha

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

bimmy-lee

Hope everyone enjoys the show later today. I’m personally expecting surprises.

@ThanosReXXX - It looks really good, congratulations. That’s actually the same model I’ve been looking at, and the set I had in mind when I mentioned that prices had been coming down a bit. It looks so good in store. The fact that sports look so great on it (that really stood out in your pic) is a huge plus. I’d love to have it by next NFL season. I might end up with the same set.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

TheJGG

Hey guys, hope you enjoy the show! I'm expecting at least one or two surprises but... it's anyone's guess really what Nintendo'll do. Looking forward to discussing it in over four hours time!

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Psst...
I got married with Cyrus on Animal Crossing New Horizons. 😂🌈
Untitled

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Haha, congratulations Anti! I’m sure you two will be very happy together, though I’m not sure if Cyrus has six pack abs. Hard to tell through all that wool, but I guess you need to save some surprises for the honeymoon. Good timing on that pic.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Cyrus will get six pack by my hand drawing. 😆

Poor Reese...
She cried aloud in wedding ceremony.
I wonder who will be her husband after that. 🤭

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, from my own current experience of 2 days, I can say that you'd definitely be making the right choice if you also choose this one, so I'd say go for it.

As for Nintendo's Direct: what kind of surprises are you thinking of? I'm trying to keep a low expectancy profile, because otherwise, it might become really disappointing. Nintendo does have a knack for spending the first two-thirds of an E3 Direct on one title, just like the "Smash Bros" Direct from last year: WAY too much and super-boring info about the new player roster and their move sets and WAY too long of an explanation for both.

They could have done all that in 10 minutes max, so they could have dedicated the rest to games that are actually interesting to more people than just Smash players...

But we'll see. And otherwise, I've still got a highly interesting soccer match between France and Germany to watch on my new TV...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Sunsy

I don't have much to say on E3, will say I'm looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, been playing the original on PC since December, Psychonauts 2, and Lemnis Gate. All on PC. The TMNT stuff for Brawlhalla is rather cool. Looking forward to what the Direct has in store today.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy Ah, duly noted. Thanks for the warning! It may be an eventually purchase. More than enough to get along with right now.

Apologies for being a day late. You're welcome. Will say, Doki Doki Literature Club did spark my interest in visual novels, never played any of those before that game, I was really surprised by the variety in them too ranging from horror to mystery to slice of life stories.

Sunsy

MarioLover92

Just had a good old cup of coffee an hour ago, and I'm waiting for Nintendo to announce stuff in their E3 Direct. lol

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

TheJGG

Oh my god. I don't know how to feel... this Direct was both incredible and disappointing at the same time. So much new stuff was announced yet... there was always the feeling Nintendo could have done a bit more. They even said that, they admitted that there's stuff they chose not to reveal.

But even so.. Breath of the Wild Sequel... take a f*cking bow!!! I can wait as long as they want.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic