Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,201 to 52,220 of 96,530

Sunsy

@TheJGG Puns are always fun. Yes, I thought it was just as good. Still remember the day I went to the theater to see it, so it brings back memories of that day too. Mom and I went together, then we had lunch afterwards. Also remember wearing an Anna and Elsa shirt I had for the day.

I usually don't go to the theater often, so it's a bit of an event for me. Especially when it's an animated series I like.

@WoomyNNYes Wouldn't surprise me, wasn't there that one Aliens game that had the AI fixed just by adjusting the game code by one letter or something?

On the subject of that error, I updated my Switch when they put the update back online (didn't initially update), and the two times I got that error, all I did was turn off the system (hold down power), and turn it back on. It's weird that that worked for me, had no trouble with downloads or updates.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WoomyNNYes

@Sunsy That's good news you got around it. What triggered the error code for you, do you know? A game update, a purchase? Just curious.

I've been lucky so far, never go the error code. I got the 12.0.3 update when it first rolled out. I only saw one game update, Rocket League, and it updated without an error. I haven't made any purchases.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Sunsy

@WoomyNNYes After updating, I re-downloaded Classic Doom and Doom II, and updated Hyrule Warriors and Tetris 99. All I did was just update from the menu, and downloaded an archived game.

Pretty much tried a few games I didn't have downloaded and updated two games I haven't played in a while.

Purchases, I bought Doom Eternal due to the sale, and no problems downloading on my end.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I still haven't update my Switch until Nintendo fix the issue. (Still version 12.0.2)

I want to ask your opinion about SEGA games as I have collected some SEGA games (Olympic games, a few of Sonic games, Virtua Tennis 4, Let's Tap) from what I have experienced from SEGA games I played, their games are tends to easy to try but hard to enjoy until finish. I still suck on traditional Sonic games, Olympic games was pretty hard to beat as some sports are not easy to be played with certain buttons schemes, Virtua Tennis was hard to beat the CPU even on Easy difficulty, Let's Tap was easy but mediocre and not beefy enough. The problems are from the control schemes, timing and gameplay design. I hardly to enjoy SEGA games I bought with "mediocre" control schemes as their games are felt hard to beat compared with similar games by different developers. Am I thinking wrong or SEGA games are mostly got critiques from gameplay control schemes ?
I oftenly heard peoples said the upcoming Sonic games will be always Blah no matter what.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter I ended up updating my Switch to 12.0.3 a while ago, it's been working just fine aside from that download/update issue. No crashes, glitches, anything like that. I'm sure Nintendo will fix that error code at some point if they haven't already. I remember reading a post saying that one guy got that error code before 12.0.3 rolled out.

Sounds like you're not into Sega games to begin with. A lot of their games, at least from the Genesis era, are quite tough. There were a handful of Genesis games I've beaten, like Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and Gunstar Heroes. Others, like Streets of Rage and the Shinobi series, I just could not finish lol. But I totally dig them. Always enjoyed old-school Sega games, and they get better the more you play them, I think.

@Sunsy That's cool you managed to find a way to fix it, I might give that a shot. I've been restarting the console and continually picking "continue" if the download doesn't want to do its job. I've been hearing people aren't getting that error anymore, hopefully it'll be like that for us!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@Sunsy Yeah same. I've visited the cinema three times in the last year and a half, once for Frozen II, another for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, and another for Avengers: Endgame, a film too good to miss even for a person who admittedly isn't a Marvel fan! I could probably extend that back to the start of 2019 honestly, I haven't seen many movies lately.

My own memory of seeing Frozen II is very easy to dig up; I brought... maybe five people, and had a nice eat at a nearby restaurant after we finished. A beautiful experience. To relieve the feeling of seeing a film in the cinema, feeling the noise, and seeing it on the big screen... something I need to do when cinemas open and are showing a good film.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I still haven't finished SEGA games I bought due to its difficulty.
I felt upset for being lost in a row for Virtua Tennis 4 Versus mode. I played other cartoonish Tennis games by different game company and mostly I won the match.
I still suck at playing Sonic Generations PS3 as running in very high speed and quick trigger for certain action commands could make me got panic attack. I cannot respond something very quick.
Sonic Lost World 3DS was really hard even on World 1 (fallen into bottomless pit oftenly) and I neglected the game for several months.
Olympic games are mixed of good and bad. Beijing 2008 was really hard from control schemes, London 2012 and Tokyo 2020 are better than Beijing 2008 but some sports are still hard to enjoy as control schemes are the real issue.
Let's Tap Wii was easy but the game felt really bare bones, I rarely to play it once I have unlocked everything.
And to look at other Sonic games, indeed they are cute, the world design are colorful but I still thinking twice about their gameplay as their games looks easy to play but hard to control, left some sour experiences after playing SEGA games.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Yeesh. Thankful it's the weekend, but it's already Sunday. X_X This next week shouldn't be quite as crazy, but it'll still be a busy one.

@ThanosReXXX No worries. I was just rolling along with the joke lol. I figured if you didn't want someone browsing your Switch catalogue, you would've set it to private ages ago.

I wouldn't say I binged Breath of the Wild per se, but it certainly ate up most of my gaming time over a period of about 2 1/2 months! Absolutely loved the game. I picked up the expansion pass in the recent eShop sale, so I'll likely revisit that version of Hyrule again before too long. Mostly just to do the extra content though. No intentions of starting over right now.

@BruceCM Thanks for the video link! My week has been so bonkers that I still haven't caught up on most of the Treehouse segments I want to watch. The only exception is WarioWare: Get It Together, but the segment was only ten minutes. XD Easy enough to fit in when I'm eating.

@TheJGG I really love Breath of the Wild! I'm not sure I'd call it my favorite Zelda game, but it certainly breaks my top five. The series sets such a high bar that it's easier for me to rank the titles I'm not as fond of but still range from good to decent (barring TFH... ugh). I mentioned this in my response to Thanos above, but I picked up the expansion pass in the current sale. I hope to revisit that version of Hyrule and at least dive into the Champion's Ballad soonish.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Fantastic! That'll ensure Nintendo's stranglehold on your weekend'll stay as strong as ever. I found that with this DLC and Age of Calamity's DLC (which I haven't gotten...), they both offer little in actual story expansion but more of the stuff you know and love. And bloody hell is the stuff you love expansive in Breath of the Wild.

Me? I'm gonna be busy hacking away at my four new PS4/5 games... I'll mention those in detail later. Good to see ya!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
It strange that I'm not a fan of Zelda games but I have some interest with the clones (Evoland 1 & 2, Oceanhorn 2, A Knight's Quest)
So everything about Zelda games just turned me off (I have ever got intrigued by BOTW on year 2017, bought the game, played for several minutes, felt disappointed then I stop playing the game)

Random thing, I still keep playing Yokai Watch 3 Tempura despite it lost popularity as Pokemon games overshadowed Yokai Watch franchises. I still thinking Yokai Watch games felt better than Pokemon games in term of battle system and storyline (I prefer a real adventure with natural story flow in Yokai world, facing with real danger of wicked Yokai as villain rather than a cookie cutter of 10 years old kid's journey to become Pokemon master by leaving from Mom's house, meeting with professor, facing gym leaders, facing the villain team, facing legendaries at the end, etc as from my perception the whole story of Pokemon games looks like artificial adventures. Predictable, not surprising.)
Also, I still have love feeling with Damajor Nine (Merican Yokai) and made me keep continuing the game progress.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Yeah, worth noting I got the update when it got re-released. So I can't speak for those who downloaded it the first time around. I do find it odd that if it is a fixed version, why they used the same version number. I feel it should have been "12.0.3a" or something acknowledging something is fixed or changed.

Maybe like @MarioLover92 says, you might not be into Sega's games. I've always loved Sega games personally, especially during the Dreamcast days. I love Sonic, but also their other series as well. I can't speak for the actual olympic games, Mario and Sonic I usually find them easy. I haven't played Virtua Tennis, I do enjoy Sega Superstars Tennis. The main single player mode of that is challenging, but I mostly play quick matches, usually Amy vs. Tails (I like to think they have friendly competition).

As for Sonic, in recent years, critical reception usually isn't great for Sonic games. Personally, I just play them and form my own opinion, I still enjoy them in general. I still got enjoyment from Sonic Boom on Wii U despite its shortcomings. Will say Fire & Ice is the best of the Boom spin-offs IMHO.

Sonic Boom reminds me that not all Sega games are developed at Sega, sometimes they use third party studios and publish the games. Team Sonic Racing and the Sonic & All-Stars Racing games for example are developed by Sumo Digital, but published by Sega. Sonic Boom was developed by Big Red Button and Sanzaru Games, once again published by Sega.

@MarioLover92 All I did was look at Nintendo's support article and tried that, and haven't noticed a problem since. The way you got it with the download continuing after the error, was how I got it. Weirdly enough a hard reboot did it (I wonder if people forget their Switch simply "sleeps" and is does not truly turn off).

@TheJGG Last movie I saw in a theater was the Sonic movie with a friend, we loved it. We both originally planned to see Trolls World Tour in a theater, but we all know what happened with that. Fun part, I actually had a small Poppy plushie and a Poppy shirt ready for the day too. We still watched together over voice chat when it came out on VOD.

Very nice memory. I still remember staying for the scene after the credits and talking about the movie with a fan who sat next to us. Was a nice conversation too. I also remember that day the theater I went to had multiple showings of it, and the big Frozen display they had.

Snatcher

@Sunsy I actually can't remember the last movie I went to go see in theaters. Maybe endgame?

I was going to get that drum n fun game, but after looking at what people said about it and knowing bandai, I don't need to get this game at the moment, plus I have to pay for More the one DBZ song undertale and many more, and its going to kinda miss the point of buying it on sale LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Do you have older consoles ?
Consider PS2 both Japan and USA machines for tons of Best rhythm games you can play.
Take a look my signature of Rhythm games you can consider.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Ps 3, with a almost no life controller, still works.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Sunsy

@Snatcher Maybe, I remember both Frozen II and the Sonic movie because they were both special experiences to me. Sonic and Frozen are two series I like, so both stand out as fond memories. I still wish I could have seen Trolls World Tour on the big screen.

Snatcher

DANM IT! I just went outside just to get some air, I was playing on my switch lite, then put on a video. halfway through I notice its on my lap, So as to not let it fall, And what do you know I just slap it out of my lap, but oh no does the switch lite fall on its back with the case? It falls on its from to witch the screen cracks, Now its not that bad But I have had many cracked screen and I have a hatred to them, Bc after you get used to it, it feels almost alien to get it fixed, Oh Did I forget to say it was a glass screen protector? ya after I heard it was plastic I got it first day of getting my lite so I just need to get a new one, But still I might not play on my switch till I get it fixed, I'm telling you I hate cracked screens cuz i looked at them way to much!.

Snatcher

@Sunsy Trolls world tour Was a really great movie, that had a really great concept, they new how to do the music voice acting and all.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic