Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,161 to 52,180 of 96,317

Sunsy

@Zuljaras Neat. I only have three special edition games, Sonic Mania Plus, Giraffe and Annika, and Shining Resonance Refrain.

Edit: I should also add Sonic Boom Fire & Ice. Just remembered I have the launch edition with the three episode DVD.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM I’m like a jester. I juggle stuff, in this instance games. I do it a lot… so it’ll serve me well…

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Sunsy

@TheJGG I rewatched Frozen last night, for the first time in forever... couldn't resist a pun, first time in awhile. Still felt the movie was just as good as I first saw it, though the little twist isn't a surprise anymore. Had fun watching it again.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

BruceCM

Do tell us how you get on with Witcher 3, @TheJGG .... & the others!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG Blu-rays hard to come by? Why? Customs or something? You could simply order from Amazon and have them sent to wherever you're at. The Emirates, if I remember correctly?

As for me playing games only for a short while: it's my modus operandi. I select them, based upon reviews, then buy them, and play them for a bit to have some personal experience with them, and if the entertainment value is high enough, I get back to them at some point in time. But because that's sometimes a bit further away in the future, I at least want to honor these games by playing them at least for a bit, the moment I buy them, so that's what I do with most of them.

@ogo79 Cowabunga, dude. Those are infinitely cool!

@Zuljaras Yeah, it is, isn't it? And it also wasn't meant to be scary. The original Nosferatu movie isn't either. I like how they expanded upon the myth of the real movie by proposing that Shreck really was a vampire, and that this made the movie such a struggle to make. It's just a brilliant "what if" take on the original. Glad you liked it.

Nice game collection, by the way. The only Nintendo collection that I have which is extensive, is my GameCube collection. For every Nintendo console after that, my collections became smaller and more selective, seeing as I just don't have the time, and sometimes also not the money, for it anymore, and besides that, I have such a MASSIVE backlog, that I definitely wouldn't be doing myself any favors by adding to that. It still happens regardless, but luckily, at a more leisurely pace...

Totally agreed on Blasphemous, by the way. I need to get back to that game. As for classics: you've got good taste there as well. I used to play Dune 2 to pieces on my Commodore Amiga (which was the best version of the game, by the way) and I've literally put hundreds of hours into that, playing and replaying all the various campaigns and add-ons. It was basically my go to game back then.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

MarioVillager92

Sunsy wrote:

@MarioLover92 That's really cool. I still need to explore the anime library on Hulu. I've used Crunchyroll on Wii U and PC, though I'm not a premium member. Mostly watched via the free option with ads.

Ah okay, I've heard of Crunchyroll but I've never used it. I think I'll look into it at some point.

Like your lil' pun as well, that's my favorite song in Frozen.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX Well if you caught on I'm able to get stuff sent here, just that it's expensive if you push it. I ordered two games, both under 100g, and it cost... about £3.50 each to get them delivered. I'd probably be able to buy some here but... I've had a good look and the selections are limited.

I do the same a bit, play a game for two hours, leave it for a bit and then pick it back up. I did it for Stardew Valley and I've plugged so much time into it. Breath of the Wild, even, I played it once, and then came back to it two months later. It's vicious because some of the best games suffer from this cycle...

@Sunsy Let it go, it's no big deal. Better late than never, right? Journeying into the unknown's good every once in a while but some things never change, like the magic of Disney films.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG My own experience with Breath of the Wild still brings a smile to my face. It was SO different than other Zelda games. The first couple of hours, I spent just hunting and gathering for food, and combining stuff, making recipes and what not.

Even funnier is that even though I spent quite a few hours, I never came further than that place where the flying bird people live. Before that, I was detained WAY too long at that horse trading and resting place, the big circus tent, so to speak. I simply LOVED chasing and taming horses.

What the funny part of it is, is that I more or less infected @Tyranexx with my enthusiasm for the game, and when she finally bought it and started playing it, she completely steam-rolled both the game and me, by binge-playing it and obliterating what little progress I had made within what was probably a matter of days.

I also see a lot of people on here playing games on week days, but I very rarely do that. My day job can be pretty intense and exhausting, so once I get home and I've made myself dinner, all I want to do is hang on the couch or in my lazy computer chair and watch TV. The one main exception last year was Animal Crossing, but even that has ultimately faded into the back ground. I've also never participated in any of the seasonal events. I hate stuff like that anyways: "play it now, or it's gone forever". Screw you, there's only one person who decides when he plays that game, and that is ME.

So, usually, I only play games in the weekends, because then I'll have ALL the time in the world, don't have to get up early the next day, and then I can also devote all of my attention to it. But right now, it's Euro 2020, so there's now also more TV watching in the weekends...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 unlike funmation you can watch everything on there app (I think) for free as long as your willing to watch ads

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG Yes, the avatar is me.

Untitled

Oh, wow, looking at that photo, all this time, I never noticed that. Geez. Looking at the deck of the bowl I'm airing, two lines painted across the top were intended to make the deck look like a pen15 😠😠😠. Kids need to be STOPPED!! lol. Even funnier, would be to know the age of the person that painted those two lines. XD Well, that person's masterpiece lives on in my photo.

edit: embedded

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes What's a pen15? Oh, wait. I see now... I wish I could unsee it, though.

P.S.

Why didn't you post the picture directly, instead of linking to it?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Sunsy

This is nice, got up early to complete chores, and now I'm in my cool room playing some games. It's going to be hot this weekend.

@MarioLover92 I like using Crunchyroll, it's nice for the times I want to watch some anime.

Glad someone noticed.

@TheJGG Looks like I'm not the only one with Frozen puns. Indeed, think I'll watch Frozen II tonight, even though it's more recent and I saw it awhile ago.

@Snatcher Will also add, that the free version of Crunchyroll, you have to wait a week before watching new episodes. Had to do that when I was keeping up with Is The Order a Rabbit, my favorite slice of life anime.

Snatcher

@Sunsy Yes and that to, at least its better then having to pay, I mean funmation wont even let you watch with adds, you just have to pay to a point.

And i'm pretty sure with crunchyroll, is that, say if you wanted to watch naruto, then you can watch naruto, but just with adds.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Off topic but somebody panted Blinky I think he was called, in the back, (I almost typed pac for back LOL)

BruceCM

How do you take the photos, though, @WoomyNNYes.....?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes LOL you might want to put a penis warning on that pic.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel What messages in other languages and where?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic