Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,621 to 51,640 of 96,305

ogo79

@Zuljaras
yeah ive got a problem

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 What the Fun is this!?

golden axe skeletons doing what they do best, enjoying punishment
i gotta hang this poster above my shrine of the undead soon, oh its gonna look so dead and sexy...
Untitled
white border not included

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Teksetter

@COVIDberry
Hello to my fave coronaviral beastie! Thank you for reaching out!
I hope you can forgive my late and much too brief reply.

COVIDberry wrote:

Hello, fellow Swith gamer!

Ohh, I'm glad that console name resonates with you, too. Just one of many unintentionally funny/cute moments courtesy of my kiddos. Perhaps I should submit Swith to NoA for consideration for some NEW new Switch in the future...

I love your perception of Kate Gray reading our comments here - certainly I love the humor and personality that she puts into each of her articles.

I have to agree "Dude" can be overused. I really don't mind it when used like that nonspecific exclamation of sympathetic dismay (person A: Look at that turd on my car! It's like a fricking albatross flew over it. person B: Duuuude...!)
Maybe a majority of people don't mind being addressed as "dude," but for a lot of trans women (well, me at least) I think it's a term we'd rather not contend with.

GAMES! So very many games lately. And now the virtual E3 tradeshow is coming right up and we will be half buried in announcements for new games I will want to play but probably won't have time to.
I did comment on Blaster Master Zero - I shared that I intend to preorder the cartridge from Japan coming this summer which will collect the whole BMZ trilogy, and I did follow through and send Amazon Japan some of my hard-earned yen. I must confess that even though I loved the original Blaster Master game on the NES as a young teen, I played only a little of the trial version of BMZ and nothing at all of BMZ2. I think I would have played on if I owned the games, but I held out for a physical release, and then I held out again until the games were bundled on a single cartridge like I hoped.

I enjoy pinball in real life and deeply resent this pandemic for permanently closing our local pinball bar.
I guess it was just too good to be true. With that gone, last year I spent more on the Pinball FX video game, especially their simulations of actual machines by Williams and Bally. I sought out a rotating TV mount so that when the mood strikes I can rotate my TV from the usual landscape/yoko orientation to portrait/tate mode, which is way better for playing those video pins. I enjoy how developers give us the option to use that view in many arcade-style games lately.

Lately I've been playing Subnautica way too much - I think you and @Dr_G_Lemaitre would enjoy the science flavored elements in the game and how it lets you read up to uncover as much or as little of the story as you wish. It's been really compelling fun to discover how to craft bigger and better equipment to let me explore the deeper & scarier parts of its huge ocean.

Anyway, thanks again and wishing you a nice day!

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Anti-Matter

I'm baaaack...!! šŸ˜€

This is my hand drawing of my alter ego as a new owner of Yokai Watch with Komasan and Whisper as my starter Yokai.
My current hype is on Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS, have finished the storyline, already accumulated more than 90+ gameplay hours. Here is the making of my drawing.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

More Yokai Watch hand drawing in the future.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras Quote it please, so I can see it.

Welcome back @Anti-Matter!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter YOOOO do welcome back dude, were the hell of you been, I have missed you dude.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras As glad as I am that he's back he still can't hear you!!! I can't understate that it is good to have him back though.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Snatcher

@TheJGG Man everyone is going to be overjoyed dude, Alot of people have missed this dude, and yes that would include me.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Eel

@Anti-Matter ah hey, welcome back. The yokai look pretty official, youā€™re quite good at drawing in their style!

Also, I guess itā€™s because you draw a lot, I had never seen a fingertip bend outwards that much.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher Yeah, deep down we missed him! Some spice for forum life!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

jedgamesguy

Iā€™ll start off my seminal @Tyranexx reply post by stating that I am sorry about the atrocious timing of arguably the most exciting gaming event of the year. Thereā€™s four solutions you can try in the next eleven or so days and I shall list them now. First, is to leave the US and take a very impromptu holiday in Europe orā€¦ anywhere but Illinois. That means not only will you be temporarily relieved of your house renovation project, youā€™ll also be able to watch it at a better time. Second is to find Nintendoā€™s data servers and destroy them, forcing them to postpone their Direct. Third is to call in sick and not do anything, and miraculously turn up at 11:36am, after the Direct finishes. And lastā€¦ turn off your internet until youā€™re done. Youā€™ll have to plan it out very carefully to make sure you donā€™t get spoiled butā€¦ yeah those are all viable options.

Iā€™d rather you called in sick however, because the timing for me is quite close. Iā€™m scheduled to get my second dose of Pfizer on the 15th of Juneā€¦ but Iā€™m not going to miss the Direct. I may miss it due to side effects, coupled with the fact that itā€™s at 7pm. The worst case scenario would be me missing this Direct because Iā€™m passed out with a fever, nausea, exhaustion and heachaches. Being barred from sharing my hype is a very hefty price to pay.

Plus, thereā€™s the Square Enix presentation, which is at 10:15pm my time. Thatā€™ll certainly make for a crammed schedule, which Iā€™m one hundred percent unafraid of. Plus, thereā€™s going to be more content for Life is Strange: True Colours, a game that frankly had me swooning from the day it was revealed. That, coupled with the remaster of the first game and its spinoff, makes me very ready to sink my teeth into some narrative goodness.

The PS5 was the first console I bought within three months of its release. Ironic considering the massive production and stock delays, but thatā€™s how it was. I got the Wii U in March 2013, the 3DS XL in January 2013, the Switch in November 2017, and the PS4 in January 2017. Iā€™ll probably play the waiting game for the next PlayStation or Nintendo console, especially if it has backwards compatibility. At the moment I only have one true PS5 exclusive game, Demonā€™s Souls, so if it werenā€™t for backwards compatibility it would be gathering dust. None of the launch games interested me, apart from probably Spider-Man: Miles Morales. I was relying more on the 2021 brace of games for PS5 goodness. I would never get games for a console I donā€™t own, I very much like instant gratificationā€¦ for better and for worse.

Iā€™m trying to find a way to cram Monster Hunter: Rise into my purchase queueā€¦ and more often than not thereā€™s things that get in the way. In April I replaced my phone, and Iā€™ve been minimising my spendings in May (except for KH1.5+2.5), and now E3ā€™s around the corner threatening to jeopardise my plans once again. We plan to get some items delivered here so I thought; why not add a game or two, and Iā€™ve settled on buying The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GotY Edition), and NieR: Automata (GotYoRHa Edition), both of which cost fifteen pounds. I havenā€™t ordered them yet but Iā€™ll hopefully do that before the Switch Pro is announced. Based off today that gives me plenty of time.

The US vaccine rules, and the disparity between state, regional and local levels means thereā€™ll no doubt be efficiency to be desired. I wouldnā€™t be surprised considering the size of the country. When considering that it makes it easier to understand why a country like Russia is struggling so much. That country spreads across I think ten time zones. My hope is that the original lockdown here expires without extension, ending June 10th. Of course my hopes and my rationale differ, I prefer to act in the mindset that we wonā€™t return to ā€œnormalityā€. Itā€™ll make the news that weā€™re continuing under lockdown significantly easier to swallow.

I wrote this this morning so I may as well paste it here, in lieu of writing it again!

TheJGG wrote:

It's one heck of a ride. It's easily my favourite circuit I've been to, and I've done four or five tracks. It has a combination of low, medium and high speed corners and nailing all of them is super important to getting a good time.

Untitled

I havenā€™t crashed the kart I was driving, at all, but Iā€™ve made some admittedly embarrassing mistakes. For example when we were doing a formation lap to start a race, I jammed on the brakes too hard and spun at the final corner just before the grid. I then proceeded to do the exact same thing in the race at a different corner, and passed everyone I fell behind to finish fourth. Not the first time I spun though, I was doing it at another track with my family and some of them were annoyingly dirty. I got tipped round by one guy, and then unintentionally did the same move on another. Iā€™ve gotten cleaner now, but it still hurts to think about it!

Racing a kart is very different from in video games and in real life, though they donā€™t hurt. I put a lot of hours into driving with my wheel and chair, so I was relatively prepared when I stepped in. But karts are of course lighter, zippier and can turn surprisingly well into corners. And it was quite tough on my arms, because we did this for thirty minutes nonstop. I think I downed a litre of water when I arrived home. Itā€™s much tougher than I would have thought!

My first video game was a Mario game but I remember being truly enthralled by Zelda. Twilight Princess was also my first Zelda title and it has this magic thatā€™s very hard to replicate. Yes, the gameā€™s a bit derivative of Ocarina of Time with structure, story and design, but thatā€™s a strength instead of a detriment. The HD Remaster was a bit disappointing, especially when I learned the team opted to keep the game at 30fps to preserve the feel of the game. With PlayStation thereā€™s no reason to not do this; because most games now offer choice between resolution and performance. Iā€™m by no means a PokĆ©mon fan but if a very, very good game came out it could interest me. It feels like a very safe RPG though, so in terms of the RPG elements solely itā€™s not interesting for me. The PokĆ©mon captureā€™s interesting because it reminds me of Persona fusion fromā€¦ Persona. I was never a fan of that either, Iā€™d rather just get it over with and fight.

Trials of Mana has without a doubt one of the most subpar English dubs I have ever heard in any video game. I donā€™t say this lightly either, I thought Rex from Xenoblade 2 was decent. Voice clips from Trials of Mana sound like the first takes, or the one thousandth take, after all the actors died of exhaustion, or suffered prolonged fits of depression. Thereā€™s no passion or energy, and when there is, itā€™s poorly executed. I will say that Hawkeye was pretty good, but we knew that, because the actor, Alejandro Saab (KaggyFilms) voiced Yuri in Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

I needed that though because it makes me appreciate the outstanding work put in by videogame voice actors. Games I can highlight with superb voice work are; Persona 4, Persona 5, FF15, FF7R, from what Iā€™ve seen, NieR: Replicant, Dragon Quest XI, Xenoblade Chronicles 1, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. P4/5ā€™s cast have truly awe-inspiring chemistry, as do FF15, DQXI. But most of these games have a lot of dialogue so having time to love the voices is also a reason why many of these games are RPGs.

Edit: I've taken a look through and in the last three weeks if I were to publish my responses to you they'd total about forty pages of a book. Goes to show...

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
Hiya! šŸ˜€

@Snatcher
I was in mission to beat Ghoulfather (Final Boss) in Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS.

@Eel
Oh, my fingers look bended like that whenever I'm holding a pencil especially tiny size color pencil but my fingers are normal after I examined my fingers.
I was googling from Google Image to find out what was bend outward mean and I was shocked to see not normal people's finger conditions. šŸ˜²

BTW, since Keita Amano has grown up and no longer become Yokai Watch owner in Yokai Watch 4 Shadow Side, the next Yokai Watch owner will be me (my alter ego) in Yokai Watch 5 (Just kidding) šŸ˜

I have drawn the sketches of my favorite Yokai from each series and they are Reuknight (YW1), Sergeant Burly (YW2) and Slugger / Damajor Nine šŸ˜ (YW3).
In game YW3 Tempura, my boy Slugger was really strong enough to be a leader, Reuknight was okay but Sergeant Burly was quite weak as a Brave tribe Yokai.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG Yeah, I was bummed to see it go. That looks like a tough course, but I'd dig racing around it. Would be cool to race around an actual go-kart track again! At least I have Mario Kart for the time being. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx "I am now curious about German-dubbed Alf"

No, you're not. You just think you are. Trust me: stay the heck away or kill it, kill it with fire and pour concrete over it, so it'll forever more stay buried and hidden from humanity...

As for The Apple Dumpling Gang: fun movies alright, but those are indeed more the comedy type of Westerns, bordering on slapstick. You might as well have mentioned The Three Amigos...

No, for the actual solid Western feel, look no further than the early (must-see) classics, such as 'Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid', the "dollars" trilogy, consisting of 'A Fistful of Dollars', 'For a Few Dollars More' and 'The Good, the Bad & The Ugly', and the "America" trilogy, consisting of 'Once Upon a Time in the West', 'A Fistful of Dynamite' and 'Once Upon a Time in America'. Those are the REAL classics from the early days, and later on, some of the stars went on to star in other classics, such as Clint Eastwood in 'The Outlaw Josey Wales'.

In later decades (80's to late 90's), there were also a fair number of decent classics, such as the somewhat easier to digest 'Young Guns' 1 & 2, 'The Quick & The Dead', 'Heaven's Gate', 'The Last of the Mohicans', 'Geronimo: An American Legend', 'Unforgiven' and 'Ride with the Devil'.

More recent recommendations are 'Tombstone', 'The Alamo', 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford', 'Diablo', '3:10 to Yuma', 'True Grit', 'The Homesman', 'In a Valley of Violence', 'Forsaken', 'Brimstone' and 'The Magnificent Seven'.

And no, I ain't no Western movie nut, ma'am...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Hey, welcome back. Where the heck have you been and what have you been doing all this time? Did you take a break from the site because of certain reasons or what?

And don't tell me you stayed silent just because you were busy playing a 3DS game, because that sounds like a lousy excuse for going dark for so long.

I see you certainly haven't sworn off the chibi habit, but seeing as you've been gone for so long, I guess I can handle a drawing or two...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Eel That image link takes me to an empty white page, so now I'm still none the wiser. Maybe try and upload it in PostImage, to see if that works?

On a side note: what GIF anyway? It's a JPEG file...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

huh that's odd, the image itself is a gif. Guess it's some sort of imgur protection thing. I'll try rehosting it there [it didn't work].

Edit: found it on another site. does this one work?

Untitled

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel I've actually also tried to post it as image, but it resulted in the infamous "Untitled" label, without actually displaying a title. ImgUr is actually infamous for not playing nice with embedding, but there are ways around it.

EDIT:
Yep, that one works just fine.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic