Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,481 to 51,500 of 52,625

Snatcher

I didn't get time to make a joke on the thread were that dude was begging for cold points, Sigh

A sky with stars so bright the colors feel so right I nev, Uh I mean. I'm a Among us plus sonic fan. I have also been playing a unheathy amount of MHR (Don't try to stop me)

Eel

@BruceCM @Zuljaras as far as my brain was concerned, that was a solid corner with nothing on it haha.

But yeah, I'll make sure to visit it whenever I play the new game + or something. For now, I'm still on my way to meet the final house leader.

Wanna hear the best part...? I didn't pick the rifle up because I bought the bonus Samurai Edge gun and didn't have enough space, I had to buy it from the Duke for 40000 lei after leaving the castle. Had I known the Duke was inside the castle all along, I could've sold the Samurai Edge right then and there, and picked up the free rifle.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Yeah or got the 1st inventory upgrade from him, @Eel.... I didn't buy the Samurai Edge as I preferred to upgrade the Leimi & that gave it better capacity
The sniper rifle is good in the boss fight very soon after getting it, though. Certainly useful to know for a future play through

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx That's a great idea. Maybe I could draw Rosalina as well! I did a sketch of her a couple years ago, so I could build on that.

Yeah I'm totally keeping my Wii U. I have all my Wii VC/WiiWare games on it, so it's pretty much the place to play my retro games, as well as Xenoblade Chronicles X. Really wish I got Konami's ReBirth games though...not sure if Konami would want to bring them back to the Switch eShop or something. I just got Blazing Lazers from the Wii U eShop and it's a really good shmup. It's tough as nails, but I expected it to be tough, lol.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch FC. Thank you!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

Ugh....I had a rude awakening this morning. The problem with living right next to a busy road? Jerks with motorcycles think it's smart to ride through a residential area at full throttle at 5:30 in the morning. I have nothing against bikes of any sort, but some of us like to sleep until our normal wake-up time of 7 AM.

@BruceCM Hah, to be honest, it was the weird premise that made me take a look, though I wasn't sure if it would be my cup of tea. So even with interesting gameplay, I'm unsure if I would've grabbed Conception II lol. I've heard of the other games you've mentioned. Out of those, I'm most curious about Steins;Gate. I don't know much about it other than people seem to like it though.

@bimmy-lee My condolences on Maximus; losing a pet is never a fun time. Sounds like he had a good run, and 13 years is pretty decent for a dog! The new girl sounds lovable, if a bit ornery. Still adjusting, I'm sure. og: By "destroy", did she eat the plant or dig it out?

On Inmost: No problem! Overall I hold with the review here, though I didn't find the ending narration the writer critiqued bad at all. For my initial playthrough, I think it took ~4 hours. My second one was understandably shorter since I knew what I was doing, though one bit did give me trouble regardless lol. The game has never had a huge discount - the last one was about 20% off or so. It's cheap enough already that I didn't hardly bat an eye, and I've gotten a fair amount of gameplay out of it.

I've noticed you working on River City Girls. Hope it's a fun one! That genre isn't quite my cup of tea, though I'll probably track down some footage at some point and watch some of the action.

@NintendoByNature Good to know! Ten cents it's Magnamalo lol. On one hand I want to face that thing to see how well I do, but on the other, I DON'T want to deal with it either lol. I'll probably attempt to complete most of the Village quests past the credits at least once, but that'll depend on my patience and how difficult those missions are. XD

@MarioLover92 I'm looking forward to further Mario drawings from you, even if you decide not to go with Rosalina for now.

Normal Wii U perks aside, the Wii Mode on my Wii U is the only means I have to play my normal Wii collection right now. My hope is to someday secure the old family Wii from my parents, but I doubt that'll happen until (at least) my sister moves out after she's married in a few months. Her and her fiancee play Wii Sports on it every now and again. And she STILL likes revisiting this shovelware Hannah Montana game she got ages ago. She agrees the motion controls are garbage, but she loves the shopping aspect of it lol.

Not sure if I've heard of Konami's ReBirth series, which is saying something. Blazing Lazers also sounds fun, but VERY frantic.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, The World Ends With You: Final Remix

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx my lip is zipped 😉. I'll tell you now, the last boss was the only mission that I came close to fainting 3 times on. It was pretty dang tough. Or I was under prepared in terms of gear. Either way I struggled lol

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Sounds like the Zinogre quest I tackled with a couple friends the other night. It was a little high for my rank, and I don't think the gear I was wearing helped lol. (Didn't know how to counter it). I ended up fainting twice, but not a third time thankfully! The worst is when a monster boxes you into a corner. Shakes fist at Tetranodon/giant frog thing

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, The World Ends With You: Final Remix

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yes! Some of them were super easy for me, while others knocked me on my Butt and were far too quick. The one gripe I still have is not knowing what gear to take on a quest( elemental items you need would help tremendously prior to departing). Maybe I was doing something wrong and that info was somewhere in the quest info. But I never went in with the right gear.

NintendoByNature

ogo79

@bimmy-lee

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - Oh man, that’s glorious. Isn’t Scareglow one of the rarest figures that was actually mass produced? I don’t remember ever even seeing him on an episode of MOTU, but that figure is the stuff of legend.

i dont remember seeing scare glow on the cartoon either come to think of it.
they have a new line of motu in stores, this is a new run not the 600 dollar original that comes with a second weapon. either way its freaking awesome...im a sucker for green/glowing skeleton figures. ive got one more to get that i threw away about 6 times as kid and even 2 years ago which makes 7 times...last time purchase is gonna cost my a**.
heres to disposable income i suppose

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

so here is one more on the line, couldnt resist it, please understand
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
a real cowboy eats his peas with his mashed potatoes

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

WoomyNNYes

@Blooper987 proper jam.

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
Playing:
BOTW(started a new game)
Rocket League, 3v3 rank: plat 3 - diamond 1

TheJGG

I never had shame for using guides, @Tyranexx because whether I could have solved the puzzle eventually or not, it indicated I was invested in the game. I've beaten all these games without guides now but the first time round for each Zelda game I've finished, I used a guide. So, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, Breath of the Wild, Twilight Princess... I haven't beaten Spirit Tracks, or Majora's Mask but used a guide for it... and I actually didn't use a guide in Link's Awakening, or, shall we say, relied on a guide, until I got to the Face Shrine. The guidebook I bought for Breath of the Wild is fantastic, so while I don't regret getting it, I wish I experienced the game for myself. Ah well, I'm more experienced now, so the Breath of the Wild sequel, safely the most anticipated game of the last two years, will be blind.

Shame you didn't like the Forest Temple theme from Ocarina of Time, I really think that's one of the best dungeon themes of all time. I got stuck a bit, so I imagine it got frustrating but man that song is good. I've remixed it in the past and it was so fun playing around with the main sample. I didn't get any real satisfaction from any of Wind Waker's dungeons, they felt so... bland. Not only was the music quite bland but the feel in general. If Wind Waker gets onto Switch as part of some Zelda Anniversary Collection I'll very much appreciate it, but I'll ultimately treat it the way I treated Sunshine in Mario 3D All-Stars. I do feel like Twilight Princess' Forest Temple is a really well done first dungeon, if a bit long.

Exploration was the absolute best part of the Xenoblade X experience. The continents were so damn big that there was no chance you'd ever get bored when exploring. Plus there were so many secrets, like the salvage, plus Tyrants, FrontierNav and so on. I wouldn't say they're as rewarding as, say, treasure in Breath of the Wild though. Sylvalum is amazing too, believe it or not despite how ridiculous the spore effect is, the night Aurorae, the amazing music and the scenery, plus the eerie hum as Xe-dom, Oc-serv and Fal-swo float by you. I learned a few months ago that all the names of the enemy types I just mentioned, are named after elements. Molydbenum, Bismuth Xe-dom, Tellerium Fal-swo, Selenium Oc-serv, and so on. I love the naming variants of Xenoblade monsters, it can range from simple (Leg Ardun), to downright amazing (Majestic Mordred?!)

Something tells me the Zelda timeline's going to get absolutely no love over the next four years. Curse you, direct sequels! But TP's world was very similar to Ocarina's but had more to do (if anything at all). They both have dynamic music as field music, so that's an interesting touch. Plus, a more dramatic rendition when you ride Epona at high speed. It's these kinds of secrets that make me love video game sound design, really. You may have seen something like that in Octopath Traveler, where the character's theme transitions perfectly into the boss theme.

The character I can't stand playing as is Riki. He's such a weird combo of all character classes that it makes this... Dubious Food. I actually beat the game with Melia, which considering how unbelievably hard the final boss is... is a massive achievement. Granted my party was at Lv89 but still. I don't like Seven's playstyle all that much, seems their usefulness fades after the second act of the game. Melia can be a monster if you gear her right but I've never been good at getting OP strategies in RPGs. And as for HP? Stick a few gems on and she'll be as right as Reyn.

I finished the Toy Box section a few days ago and it lulled me into a false sense of security. My party's at Lv19 so far, and the recommended level for the next two worlds is Lv24-26... yikes that ain't good. It was a choice between Monstropolis (Monsters, Inc.) and Arendelle (Frozen). I have a really soft spot for Frozen so I went straight to Arendelle. But I died very quickly, so I'm going to have to grind for a bit to get up to where I should be. Glad you do like the music though; it's been a beautiful accompaniment to the journey. Trademark Shimomura.

All in all I love the idea of the series, and given that a lot of Final Fantasy characters are thrown in the mix as well, for the previous games at least, I may buy 1.5+2.5. I mean who wouldn't want a party with Yuffie, and Squall Leonheart? And then fighting Sephiroth twice? Sign me the hell up! God that's like the ultimate fan fictio-OH WAIT.

Glad you're realistic! You have a point that the world has a ways to go, because it really does. Hope you find your way through, and manage to crash your sister's wedding! @BruceCM do you see where my FFX joke comes in? I'm in favour of taking time and assessing the situation, but governments don't like following the advice of NintendoLife forumgoers, so that was a dud.

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

BruceCM

Didn't know Konami had done a rebirth series, @Tyranexx.... Seems its Wii versions of games on other platforms, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

Seeing pics of Americans panic buying gas tests what little faith I pretend to have in humanity left. One lady was putting gas in a trash bag. To me, that’s grounds for annulment of a marriage. If you are that dumb it’s only gonna get worse once your mind goes with age. I do not wanna be collateral damage.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Zuljaras

@Ryu_Niiyama Gas tests? The things that you use to see the quality of air? Am I missing some new conspiracy?

Zuljaras

Losermagnet

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

One lady was putting gas in a trash bag.

Truelly we are only a few steps from living in a Mad Max-esque apocalypse. Also that has to be illegal.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

TheJGG

@Zuljaras Let’s be honest, America’s a haven for conspiracies.

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Zuljaras

@TheJGG That is true! My 2 favorite are Flat Earth and Lizard People

Zuljaras

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic