Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,481 to 51,500 of 96,503

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Oh man, I’m sure it was soaring relief, the kind that makes you question for a moment if it was worth feeling that bad if it means feeling normal feels so good. It wasn’t though, obviously, you lost a day to it and I don’t want to make light of it. I don’t think I’ve had to lance anything more than a blister or two. My brother had to get cauliflower ear lanced when he was in high school, and it was pretty brutal. You probably could have gotten momentarily YT famous had you filmed the procedure. I guess videos of that sort of thing are popular right now.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Hah, no prob, just figured I'd clarify what happened! The only things that have caught me here a couple of times are the filters. One example was relatively recent lol. It also changed what I said in an article comment once, but in my defense, I was quoting a legit poll option.

I'm also glad I've found another human being who self-identifies as "weird". ^_^ Though I do contend that there's no rigid, solid definition of "normal".

Oof. Good luck with the de-worming. I've never had to deal with medicating a dog for it, but trying to give cats de-wormer (tapeworms) is a struggle in and of itself.

@Snatcher I have no problem with hearing different takes on something, be it gaming or otherwise. It's only when those take their opinion as irrefutable fact that things can get...messy. Which happens a lot online. Tl;dr - I agree with you.

@MarioLover92 A lot of DS and 3DS games have been going up in price online. Some of it is due to many of the decent games being out of print in some time, but the pandemic and renewed interest in handheld gaming certainly didn't help. At least with most of the Professor Layton titles, it hasn't been difficult securing most of the main series entries for a decent price. I buy new if possible, but I'm not against picking up games used, especially CIB, if the price is way less scary lol. The prices for what some games are going for nowadays makes me really glad that I started trying to gradually finish out my DS/3DS collections in 2019. Case in point, I picked up Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology new well over a year ago for around $30. Now, copies are going for almost four times that amount!

I don't often intentionally participate in hacking or glitching my games, especially with external devices. However, I'm not against triggering a few well-known glitches already present in the game if I know of the risks beforehand. Besides messing around with Missingno. a bit, I also messed around with the Battle Tower cloning glitch in Pokemon Emerald....Up until a clone session went sour and I lost a Groudon with no clone to show for it. It kinda stopped after that lol.

@Blooper987 Oof, sounds like a rough couple of weeks. I'd try to document any time off requests, the hours you're working, and any promises of a raise if possible. I know employment rules for minors vary by state, but that seems like a lot of hours for someone who's still in high school. Depending on the curriculum, school itself can practically be a full-time job!

I can't really comment on the friend situation, other than I hope that any wrongs/offenses are resolved admirably. As for the prom thing...I can DEFINITELY sympathize on the hesitation. Truth be told, at your age I was in the same boat. I was too shy to ask out anyone and ended up just going alone. The year before, I just went with a small group of friends (my school did prom for juniors and seniors), but many were in the grade above me and had graduated by the time my senior year rolled around.

Hang in there!

@ThanosReXXX I'm glad you're no longer in any pain!...Hardly anyway. Having dealt with my share of dental work, I can attest that the mouth, with all its nerve endings, is VERY sensitive when something is amiss. Going by the description, that was a heck of an abscess! Those certainly aren't pleasant to deal with and can rank high on the pain index. Let's just say I've dealt with a couple, though not in the mouth as of this writing.

Yep, no wisdom teeth. Unfortunately, the relative size of my mouth wouldn't allow for them to properly erupt, so I had them removed before my junior year of high school. To date, that was my only experience with anesthesia; the nap was VERY pleasant, but the waking up? Not so much lol. The world was spinning, and a nurse had to help my mother walk me to our vehicle. It was like the world was...sideways. I knew how to walk, but the ground was at impossible angles that it shouldn't have reasonably been at. I slept on and off for the rest of the day and was somewhat out of it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@TheJGG Glad to read everything went well! I received both doses through my local health department. You could only get in if you had a ticket for an appointment obtained online. Everything was streamlined and done in a drive-through style outside under makeshift marquees in some designated parking lots. No hassle as long as one was diligent in preparing all their needed documents in advance. All told, it took about 20-25 minutes both times, including the fifteen minute observation period. A little bleeding at the injection site, for me at least, was normal. Oof, you also sleep on your left side? That must be rough with a sore arm. I recommend painkillers if it's very bothersome.

In terms of side effects, I'd almost say my first dose was worse in terms of fatigue. I also had a slight headache after my first dose, but it could have easily been related to something else at the time. Some soreness both times, and a slightly itchy bump at the injection site; my skin is somewhat sensitive to a lot of chemicals, even most numbing agents. I've never majorly broken out from anything besides poison ivy, but my skin is certainly sensitive to foreign things it doesn't like! XD

The only reason I bother reading some of the comment sections is to see what others think on a topic. Then I'll insert my two cents if I feel I can contribute something useful...or at least say something relevant or witty that pops into my head lol. Even before the elevated toxicity as of late, I've started refraining from commenting at times just due to how busy I am. As for E3, I'm almost expecting something on BotW 2 to show up if Aonuma's brief comment on the matter before the Skyward Sword HD reveal is anything to go by!

Which track is my favorite? Hmm...Out of the tracks I've listened to so far, I'd have to say it's a toss-up between Tal Tal Heights and One-Winged Angel. Both the original pieces are already unique and memorable in their own right, and I really do like your takes on them.

From what I've seen in the General Final Fantasy thread, you've been very busy with the series lately. You picked up all six Kingdom Hearts titles? I'd say your plate is pretty full for some time as well. I'm really trying to throttle my own game intake for a little while, at least on the Switch front. People keep crying for Nintendo to release new Switch games. To be frank, I'm glad there isn't much I'm interested in hitting the system right now as I'm more than set for at least a year, maybe two. July will be another story, however.... As for the Atelier series, I've had a passing interest in it. However, I'm not a huge fan of crafting in games unless it's in a very simplified form. Just a lot of busywork.

"Time" is admittedly an overwhelming concept for me on occasion, but yes, I do agree; at the end of the day, there's always more time the next day! Both my invisible game must-plays and video/movie must-watch lists are fluid, ever-changing, and eternal.

From what I understand, the FF titles before VI leaned heavily on fantasy, though I do know that flying ships (which I'd almost say cross over into sci-fi territory) are present in the opening hours of IV on the DS. Magitek is probably my favorite description to date of the crossover between fantasy spell elements and technology. While VI clearly uses the term, I'd say the first classic RPG I've played with those elements was Chrono Trigger. In terms of a modern RPG? Definitely XCX!

Duly noted on BotW's DLC being mostly supplemental. I'm not expecting anything on the level of XC:DE's Future Connected epilogue, but I am curious to see what tidbits I can learn. Personally, with my limited knowledge currently, I'd rank the Champions Mipha > Urbosa > Daruk > Revali. Though I by no means find any of them to be horrible characters. Mipha, IMO, has the best characterization of the four. My opinion originally wasn't that high of Urbosa, but one of the memories the player can unlock really elevated her status in my book. She seemed like she really got life, and what Zelda was going through. Daruk is a fun character, but is about what I'd expect of a hardy Goron. I've already expanded on Revali a bit.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ogo79

@ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 Better start saving up for those "made to order" @Zuljaras sculptures, then. I hear that p&p from his location to the US isn't all that cheap...

lol its all good

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I saw your comment on the Dragon Quest 35th Anniversary Livestream article and you mentioned “controlled hype”. As much as I respect your opinion I have to disagree, because Yuji Horii has been hyping this up a fair bit! Meaning that he wants hype to go through the roof! Just kidding. I’m getting up at.. six am to watch the broadcast, and after playing XI I feel even more excited to see what the team has been working on. But while keeping my expectations in check is sensible I want to give in to the word of the man himself! I don’t disagree with you at all… but I disagree with @VoidofLight, who didn’t like XI at all.

Same here as far as vaccine process goes. My residence card here is different from a workers’ card, meaning I bypassed a pretty large queue. If I was at the back of that line I would have probably spent an hour waiting. Blessed to have the right card! I considered spending time in the observation room but I didn’t feel bad in the fifteen minutes after the vaccination itself. I still feel a slight swelling at the injection site but my arm’s good enough for me to go out and do some training today. Last night it wasn’t too bad, even if I slept far too early! I woke up at three in the morning, and slept for another two hours. Good practice for tomorrow morning!

My reasons for commenting are more or less the same; I like gathering opinion, not normally to change mine or finding justification for having the opinion I have, but sometimes I may see different viewpoints that intrigue me. And sometimes I may agree. A shame the comments are so toxic though, there’ll be some salty losers who won’t be happy with the E3 reveals. As with Xenoblade DE I’m relishing the Twitter footage that’s being dripfed to us, because seeing how this remaster works is quite intriguing.

I may as well bring up remasters because we have another relic brought to light; namely details on remasters from Epic. I don’t remember it in detail but it takes a team of 2-3 people six months to remaster a game. I remember making a comment complaining that the Super Mario 3D All-Stars port job was so poor that it could be done by one person in a week. I still believe that. This doesn’t excuse the likes of SMT3: Nocturne HD Remaster, which took two years apparently. Xenoblade DE for me was a worthy bearer of the remaster name because it was so much better than the original. Controls, camera, graphics, textures, music, inventory management, performance, all had massive improvements. 3DAS, SMT3 had no improvements on that front…

Tal Tal was done so long ago I almost forgot it existed… but I listened to it again and I like it enough myself. It’s fun revisiting your work after a few months and I can say that while it holds up better in my… repertoire it’s not the best one from me. It was just taking the song, and adding lots of percussion. As I’ve learnt more I’ve done that less. But that a Final Fantasy cover is noteworthy as well speaks about my choice of covering as well, and how it’s also developed. I’m actually working on a LOT of FFX related songs. There’s a specific theme that also serves as one of the final boss themes, but I won’t tackle that until I actually beat said boss.

Point being there’ll be more to look forward to! Especially now that the government’s chosen to close everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, with eight hours notice. For two weeks everything’s closed. So I’m stuck at home again… sigh… and just when I got my vaccine. Ah well, now I can laze about at home… again.

I’ll be able to play a bit more Kingdom Hearts… and the best part is I know everything that happens BECAUSE I bought KH3 first… like watching the last season of Game of Thrones without any prior knowledge. You have no idea what the hell’s going on but you get to grips in due course. Seventeen years of greatness compressed into fifteen minutes of summary videos… now that’s what I call getting up to speed! But I can tackle the games however I want; so if I get bored of KH1 I can jump into KH2 (which I did for thirty minutes), or Birth By Sleep, Chain of Memories, or Coded! It can absolutely run on Switch so I hope it gets put on there at some point so devout people like… I dunno, @BruceCM.. can get it hassle free. Nah, they’d just get it on Steam

Allow me to add one more to the Tyranexx Movie List; “Four Lions”, a satirical black comedy about four British Pakistanis who aspire to become suicide bombers. The catch is that these guys are among the most useless people ever. For example one guy trips off his bomb and dies when he trips over a sheep. The main character also blows up a terrorist camp when he points the rocket launcher the wrong way. That’s all I can offer due to spoilers and… preserving the experience. It made me laugh way too hard. My spine almost collapsed from the shock of my laughing. Feeling down? Watch Four Lions.

Actually… I thought Future Connected was quite lacklustre. It was a bit smaller than I thought. But then again it was free. And I was comparing it to the paid DLC that is Xenoblade 2: Torna, which is like comparing a skinny weedy kid to a bodybuilder; it’s just not fair. That was easily a twenty hour game, and a game that was bigger in content, story and scope, than some AAA RPGs. Another reason to boot up / get Xenoblade 2 then! Absolutely jam packed with content. Monolith spoiled us with that Expansion Pass.

Well… Mipha’s great because she’s not Zelda and has a crush on Link! That was a fun relationship to explore, if it was limited. I guess I didn’t like Urbosa because she was always third or fourth in my list when tackling Divine Beasts, and I was too bored to care for characterisation at that point!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Well, I'd still like them to come to Switch, for others, @TheJGG ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Well, unexpected... I felt it coming up earlier that day, only feeling a little sore initially, and then the inflammation started. I had it once before last year, so I kinda knew what to expect. Not that it made it any better, mind you...

Oh, well. It's all but gone now, so on to the next adventure!

@bimmy-lee Yeah.... I'm not really a fan of those kinds of "popper" videos, to be honest. As mentioned, it was just a matter of "had to do it". So, far as I'm concerned, it was the logical thing to do, considering all the different scenarios and/or other outcomes. But even though in general, I actually am kind of a social animal and people pleaser, I don't really feel like wanting to have an audience for that kind of stuff. I always wonder what the hell is wrong with people that watch those things anyway....

Oh, and don't worry about you running the risk of having made light of it: it's over now, so I can laugh about it. I'm not one to dwell on the past for too long. Serves no purpose other than to needlessly rehash things that you shouldn't waste energy on. Unless of course it's a good memory.

@Tyranexx Oh, the pain is all but gone now, alright. But thanks, regardless.
Funny that you should mention all that about waking up after anesthesia. I often watched those funny "after the procedure" videos to see all kinds of drugged kids and adults spew all kinds of insane nonsense out of their mouths, and it always amazes me how the heck that's even legally allowed.

We do have general anesthesia for dental work over here as well, but in 9 out of 10 cases, it's a local injection instead, so no weird hallucinations afterwards, just a numb jaw, resulting in some slurred speech until the sedative wears off...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 FYI: they added new functionality to the site: quotes now automatically tag people, so no need to add the extra tag outside of the quote to notify me...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Yep, I suppose most of us are weird in our own little ways. The little deviations from the norm that make each person who they are. I think Chuck Norris is actually the only person to be completely normal, and that’s just an unfair and unrealistic model for the rest of us to strive for. I certainly think of myself and my quirks in that way. Always good to meet a fellow weirdo. I like to think we’re just honest about it!

I’ve seen some of that tape worm business and it’s the stuff of nightmares. We had some cats and one dog get them when I was a kid. Parasites ruin me, I just can’t. I want to kill them all with a flame thrower. Luckily Birdo only has a couple of the smaller varieties that should have been killed with her heartworm pill she just got last week, and the de wormer makes her shed the lining of her gut and intestines to eject all eggs and any potential survivors. Not fun, but she’s doing great through all of it, and we can tell she’s feeling better.

@ThanosReXXX - I must have been working on my reply to Tyranexx, so I’ll edit this in. I couldn’t watch those popper videos man, it’s beyond me why people would want to see that, but I guess if it doesn’t make you queasy, it must be pretty satisfying.

You gotta just laugh to keep from crying from stuff like what you just went through. Maybe gain a little more perspective and appreciate just a little bit more all the moments that you aren’t bothered by something like that.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 FYI: they added new functionality to the site: quotes now automatically tag people, so no need to add the extra tag outside of the quote to notify me...

i had a feeling i was overkilling that...test run...
a real cowboy eats his peas with his mashed potatoes.
are you are real cowboy?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Vortexeo

DQXII guys

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

jedgamesguy

I watched the stream. It was a mixed bag for me. The real time dubbing was quite painful to listen to but there were two games that stood out. DQ 3 HD-2D and DQXII. The former had gameplay shown and man... I think I’ll enjoy this a lot more than Octopath Traveler. It looks unbelievable.

The fact that they remade the whole game from the ground up is astonishing. Day 1 buy.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

VoidofLight

I'm not a fan of Dragon Quest 11, but I would be lying if I didn't say that Dragon Quest 3's remake, Dragon Quest 12, and the treasure hunting game never interested me.

I just hope Dragon Quest 12 has better music than what 11 had. Hopefully by a different composer maybe?

Another thing is that 12 seems more interesting with the small info we know so far, especially the fact that you're able to choose decisions which effect the outcome of the story.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yep, that's basically it. Looking back is standing still. No need or want to dwell on the past. As for those videos: it's not that I'm massively grossed out by them per se, I just find them distasteful and I fail to see the entertainment value in them. I'd much rather watch funny cat or goat videos...

@ogo79 Why don't you come out of that there saloon of yours, strap on yer colts and let's have us a one on one blue bean catchin' party, aye pal?

Am I a real cowboy? Tssss....

Who needs cowboys when you're a death-dealing, Infinity Gauntlet wearing Mad Titan?
Untitled
I eat cowboys for breakfast!

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

Man, what the flying f*** is up with all these new people joining only to whine, b**** and moan?
One of these numbskulls' very first acts after having joined for just a couple of hours, is to post a long, boring, idiotic and egotistical monologue/rant, complaining about how he, a "true"/real Nintendo fan, is SO disappointed in the Nintendo Switch, that he simply HAD to make a topic specifically to vent all of his pent up frustrations.

There should be a rule against that, something along the lines of "don't sign up to NLife only to make comments or forum posts that are only negative or specifically meant to be able to complain".

Look, I'm perfectly fine with constructive criticism and so on, and not everything that Nintendo does is great or positive, but I draw the line at "woe is me" comments that are made by people with a WAY too picky/specific taste, making it near impossible to please or entertain said individuals, no matter how many titles and different game types there are actually available right now...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX yea dude, they're hot and heavy lately! I pretty much click 'watch the topic' whenever they post something along those lines and sit back and watch the show!

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Oooh, the popper videos. I've certainly heard of them/seen a couple stills but try to avoid watching them; I'm not squeamish by any means, but I'd rather not spend my time rotting my eyeballs with others' body issues. By my figuring, they're so popular because in some ways, they're akin to public executions back in the day. Horrible, engrossing to watch, and an example of what NOT to do lol.

In my case, the anesthesia was piped in through an IV in my arm. Not sure how much things have changed since, but it was considered a pretty major outpatient procedure. Especially for all four wisdom teeth. My siblings also had it done, but they woke up during their procedures; I don't recall waking up at all. I have fuzzy memories post-procedure that gradually clear as the day progressed. Due to the lingering effects of the anesthesia, I slept on and off for the rest of the day. Plus, on the way home, I recall repeating the same question to my mother. To this day, I can't recall WHAT I kept asking her, only that my thought process was "Did I ask that question? I'll ask just to be sure."

The only other time I remember being somewhat out of it was during when I had a high fever from pneumonia when I was 14. Pretty sure I've expanded into those details before though, so I'll spare you.

@bimmy-lee I agree! We are who we are, and Chuck Norris IS the only normal human being; nobody else currently on this rock can compare. I did learn growing up that honesty can work wonders...usually. Apparently there's a such thing as "too" honest....

On parasites: I can certainly deal with them...wearing plastic gloves. And wielding a flamethrower. Our pets were outdoors, so we had to use flea and de-wormer meds on occasion. The tapeworm episode certainly brought home how important washing our hands was. The freaky thing is that some of these critters can also affect humans in the right circumstances. Thankfully I've only ever had to deal with the bloodsucking kind that are somewhat easily removed. I'm lucky I never contracted any tick-borne illnesses; I picked up quite a few of those as a kid. It came with the territory of living in a wooded area and loving to burrow under the porch to interact with cats lol. And then there was the sand flea episode in Oklahoma....I would compulsively itch my legs when the insect was mentioned for awhile after that.

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Fun fact, this was my first comic book, I only started to read them two years ago.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 Why don't you come out of that there saloon of yours, strap on yer colts and let's have us a one on one blue bean catchin' party, aye pal?

Am I a real cowboy? Tssss....

Who needs cowboys when you're a death-dealing, Infinity Gauntlet wearing Mad Titan?
Untitled
I eat cowboys for breakfast!

Untitled
you are what you eat

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Man, what the flying f*** is up with all these new people joining only to whine, b**** and moan?

thats been going on here for years now. a few years ago it got real out of hand, and even ogo had to show is 79 and pull some rank...

the_shpydar wrote:

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX Yeah it’s becoming a regular occurrence. But making a f****** long first post doesn’t make their point any less unreasonable. Nor is the claim that one has been a Nintendo fan for thirty years. I’ve been a Nintendo fan for twelve but you don’t hear me complaining on that scale.

Yesterday was quite a good day as far as video games go, so I was feeling good until I saw that post. Shame I couldn’t go in and bash the guy.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic