Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,501 to 51,520 of 96,530

Tyranexx

@TheJGG Hah, to be fair, it was fun to watch Yuji Horii's reactions (as well as the host) to each game as it was revealed! What was funny, unless it was all an act, was the literal whistleblower in the background when the discussion would start veering into what SE considered "Nope" territory. Especially during the Dragon Quest XII discussion! I was cracking up! Whereas you got up early to watch, I had to cut off the very end of the stream as it was starting to creep past my bedtime. I am glad I watched!

Oof, glad you avoided a long vaccine queue! I was very pleased with how the local health department handled everything. Though by the point I was eligible to get the vaccine, they'd certainly had plenty of time and practice to get everything down to a science. In my case, they'd ask how I felt every so often during the observation period, then ask again before I left. I was perfectly fine both times. Needles don't bother me; heck, the needle is only a fraction of the size of what they stick in my arm when I donate blood! I usually took it easy for the rest of the day both days in case my health went south. But I was back to exercising the next day. Stinks that you're stuck at home again, however....

On toxicity: I wouldn't say the site has never been toxic, but it didn't used to be nearly as bad. Most comment sections on the main site used to be pretty tame when I joined back in the Wii U days. The uptick in popularity ever since the Switch reveal has been a double-edged sword for the site. There's more traffic than ever, more staff, and more excellent article pieces. But that popularity has also attracted more salty personalities who just want to cause trouble, complain, and/or troll more than anything else. I don't believe RL is nearly as volatile most of the time as things appear to be on the internet, but sometimes it makes me wonder....

While I'm not sure the port job for Super Mario 3D All-Stars would have taken a week - though I'm not privy to the details - I do agree, from a secondhand perspective, that more effort could've been put into the collection. Especially with the fiasco of those debug lines present in Super Mario Sunshine. Those were patched out, but that definitely wasn't a good look once that came to light. Xenoblade DE was definitely one of the better remasters I've seen and had the privilege to play. While I haven't played the original game, I've definitely seen footage. Before the Switch announcement, I spent a good while trying to track down the New 3DS port in my region to no avail.

I can relate at going back to one's earlier work with a wiser eye, though not on the music front. I deal with the same thing when going back to code I worked on months or even years ago. Some of it isn't bad, but a lot of it...boy have I learned more since. XD I like percussion, so that could be in part why I like your take on the Tal Tal Heights theme so much. I'm looking forward to the FF X songs, though I should probably goad myself to playing through the game so I can relate to the music better...or just hunt it down on YT.

There's something odd, yet satisfying about starting something at the end and working your way backwards, even if that isn't the "correct" way; I used to do that with books on occasion. This is how I've had Kingdom Hearts explained to me (or linked):

I did stumble across some legit summary videos, but this video is what someone sent me once when I was told that the overarching plot is insanely convoluted. XD

On Four Lions: Logged to the Tyranexx Movie List! That'd be something I think my family would also enjoy. Always up for a good laugh or two!

Compared to the main game, XC: Future Connected was a bit barebones. But it certainly had some quality points and decent character development for Melia and Tyrea. Sure, Kino and Nene were basically Nopon versions of Reyn and Sharla, the conniving "villain" was painfully one-note, and I don't feel there was a proper explanation for the Fogbeasts. It was more Xenoblade, so it was hard for me to complain. Though I still can't speak for XC2 or Torna: The Golden Country yet. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the latter physically when it was available. It won't kill me to get it digital, but it would've been nice for the ol' physical collection!

I really wish Mipha and LInk's relationship had been explored more, especially since it was dropped that they'd known each other since they were children. How did kid Link go through Hyrule? We have a few hints as to his background, but a lot of it is understandably albeit irritatingly vague. In my playthrough, I tackled Urbosa/Vah Neboris last. I'm glad I did, that Divine Beast was the only one that REALLY confused me. I think I spent two hours trying to figure everything out in total. The others clicked for me pretty easily barring a small section on Vah Medoh.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

dRagun kwe5t suX
nERNtendo FIX thISS!
MIe lyFe IZ oVR
member since 5 seconds ago.
kume ON ReGgiE WHar Iz moth3R 3?
plz add mii.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

ogo79 wrote:

dRagun kwe5t suX
nERNtendo FIX thISS!
MIe lyFe IZ oVR
plz add mii.

hey calm down there buddy
Untitled" />

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Vortexeo

@ThanosReXXX lmao it looks like that guy got banned and the thread is locked. I haven't been here as long as some of you guys but I swear whenever people post topics like that it's almost always the same thing. I saw someone on that article about an open world sonic game complaining about y'know...that exact same thing lol.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

WoomyNNYes

TheJGG wrote:

@ThanosReXXX Yeah it’s becoming a regular occurrence. But making a f****** long first post doesn’t make their point any less unreasonable. Nor is the claim that one has been a Nintendo fan for thirty years. I’ve been a Nintendo fan for twelve but you don’t hear me complaining on that scale.

Yesterday was quite a good day as far as video games go, so I was feeling good until I saw that post. Shame I couldn’t go in and bash the guy.

ogo79 wrote:

dRagun kwe5t suX
nERNtendo FIX thISS!
MIe lyFe IZ oVR
plz add mii.

After Eel locks one these stereotypical, higly negative, newb threads, I often have to fight the temptation to create another stereotypical newb thread title for fun.

I guess @Tyranexx and @ogo79 saw my parody post in here around 10pm, skewering stereotypical, annoying newb posts. I was worried only I thought it was amusing, so I deleted it. I can't remember how it went now. Oh well. Ogo gets it

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Well they had to police info somehow. But I don't think that was necessary considering that the Big Boss (), Yuji Horii, was there himself. He is the first guy you'd go to when it comes to not revealing sensitive info. Glad you were very satisfied with that presentation, and that staying up a bit past midnight was totally worth it. The presentation was at half past six in the morning for me but I didn't have to change my schedule for that.

I'll tell you one thing I didn't watch that happened at midnight my time; the first gameplay for Horizon: Forbidden West. I can safely say that the only things that will make me stay up that late to watch; are Nintendo Directs, anything for E3, The Game Awards, and something from Sony if it entices me enough. Otherwise I can wait 'till morning, which I did for this. If the showcase was over half an hour I would have maybe considered it more, but as much as I loved the gameplay when I saw it, I also love sleep!

But at seven pm, the Sonic 30th Anniversary show was held, and it was a pleasant surprise, despite my having never touched a Sonic game in my life. As you likely now know Sonic Colours is getting remastered, releasing on Switch in Q4 2021. Plus, a five game Sonic Origins collection of vintage Sonic titles. Plus, like Dragon Quest's show, a small teaser of the latest entry. If only Mario's 35th Anniversary Direct did that back in September... we'd be singing a different tune now when thinking back on it. By the way, I just remembered, E3 2021 fan registration opens June 3rd, so next Thursday! Keep your eyes peeled!

I wouldn’t say I’m afraid of needles but I would rather not look at them than look at them. My last blood test didn’t go that well; it was easy inserting the needle because my veins are quite thick, but the doctor did it incorrectly and I’m pretty sure there was a small spurt of blood. I almost wasn’t able to type this because doing so brought back the memory of it, and getting blood tests in general… but it takes bravery and kindness to donate blood, so kudos to you! My sister had it rougher though, she had to have the needle inserted into both arms because the doctor didn’t manage to draw blood the first time.

It’s been so stop-start the last month that I’ve gotten very bored of… well… everything. In April we were open, then we closed for two weeks in May, then opened for two weeks and closed yesterday for two weeks. Eh, more time to brush up on my current battery of games; Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy XII, Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 and more. I’ll resort to posting my experiences in forums instead of comments!

Seeing the Super Mario Sunshine debug cubes was quite hilarious the first time round. One of the moments Nintendo were caught with their pants down. Xenoblade DE was so good that it almost felt like a new game compared to Wii. A few years back I thought about buying it on 3DS, but ultimately I too couldn’t find a copy, which was a blessing in disguise. Believe me, the game on Wii was already good enough, but DE is pretty much perfect. The only gripes I had with the game on Wii were the awkward camera controls (holding down the C button on the Nunchuk and using the D-Pad to swivel the camera) and at times how poor the graphics were, and both were fixed in DE.

Well for me it’s not unknown for me to go back to old projects and either remaster them (adjust instruments and mixing), or just make it again. I think I made three different versions of the Final Fantasy Prelude song just because I wasn’t entirely satisfied with the first few attempts! The three Prelude arrangements in question are from 7, 10 and 12. My fave of those is either 10 or 7 because I nailed the atmosphere 10’s gave off, and because 7’s felt as grand as the original.

I remember seeing the second part of that video; “There’s nobody in this room!” “But wouldn’t that make us Nobody?” “No! We’re somebody!” It gave me Vietnam flashbacks, because it was that good. My thanks! I got a hold of it eventually but my brain’s internal fans had to switch on, it was putting in quite some work!

I’m so glad we got Future Connected even if it was lacking in true closure and story expansion going forward. I steamed through the entire thing in about three and a half hours, to get the general feel of it. I’ll absolutely revisit it again, I’ve gotten quite addicted to the music in that epilogue. It had that much going for it, and it caught my ears when I first heard it back last March. I was disappointed with the story of FC, because it felt like it was building up to something big and then fell down.

Xenoblade 2: Torna has similarly f*cking good music, so I know you’ll appreciate it when you finally get to it! Torna’s not a big game (expansion), sitting at just under 3GB, so while it’s a shame you can’t hold the game it’s not that big a deal. While a majority of Final Fantasy titles aren’t available for the next few months for you, Xenoblade 2’s one of the finest RPGs of all time, but the competition at the top of my list is insane despite this statement. I’d put it behind Xenoblade 1, X, Dragon Quest XI, FF7R, and just ahead of FF15!

Shame of course the Breath of the Wild cast are only shown in adulthood, but I think the game’s message would have been corrupted if it focused too much on the past. The whole point is looking to the future, rebuilding a destroyed civilisation and using the past as a supplement. There’s pieces of the puzzle to come but maybe that’s where the sequel comes in. I find that I mention it one way or another in my posts… it says a lot about how much this game needs to happen at E3.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Dogorilla

Yeah, as a Brit, definitely Ar-kee-us.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes Neither. Ar-kay-us!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Ae-kee-us

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Don't go too heavy on the popcorn, though. We could also make pre-E3 bingo cards, predicting how many more complainers will pop up and about which specific things they will moan...

Some of their posts are so long, by the time you're finished reading and/or trying to comprehend what their actual point is, it's about time for a breakfast with b&g...

@Tyranexx Well, these videos ARE an execution of some sort, so in that respect, I guess you have a point, but other than that... I personally never would have gotten the idea to compare popping cysts or pimples with public executions, but I'm simply going to blame that on your side-career in the House of Horrors industry...

@ogo79 Well played, my friend. Well played. During the next Infinity Gauntlet snapping, your spot will be safe...

ogo79 wrote:

dRagun kwe5t suX
nERNtendo FIX thISS!
MIe lyFe IZ oVR
plz add mii.

Oh, man. That's kinda hilarious. Almost better than the "it's dangerous to go alone" memes. Almost...

EDIT:
You did kind of break the immersion by replying to yourself, though. You're good, but it's not quite Inception level yet...

@TheJGG Yeah, I almost regretted posting it here, but like that fine individual, I had to vent a bit, and where else better than in the Chit-Chat thread? I didn't even realize it was already locked, but probably for the better. It could only have gone even further downhill from there. Especially with the popular labels that he was using for addressing me...

By the way, @Eel, when you locked that thread, what did you mean by "no fishing"? I either missed something or it flew over my head...

@Vortexeo Yeah, it IS almost always the same thing. Perhaps all of them are related and living in the same basement, making up conspiracy theories about how Nintendo is intentionally disadvantaging them and leaving them, the "true" and loyal fans, behind empty-handed, with nothing to play...

WoomyNNYes wrote:

How do we pronounce "Arceus"?
(from the upcomming title Pokemon Legends Arceus)

ar-kee-us
or
ar-see-us

I'd say the second option. Although personally, I'm also highly tempted to say ARSE-Us. I'm willing to wager a bet that all the whining Pokémon fans would also be quite enamored with that, because they already feel arsed by the Pokémon Company anyways...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX oh man... now you're talking my B&G language. A nice morning sit-down while reading an ijiot rant + b&g is simply one of the greatest pressures.

I typically never read much of those posts. I Guage a general feel for their tone, and just enjoy what comes after.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

ogo79 wrote:

dRagun kwe5t suX
nERNtendo FIX thISS!
MIe lyFe IZ oVR
plz add mii.

P00g3ymAn Gaymezzz R de Suxxx!
Swe3etch H@z n0tH1ng 2 Plll@aay!

I needed this after the Friday I've had. XD I'm very, VERY glad I had a slightly shortened work day and a long weekend to look forward to!

@WoomyNNYes Yeah, I constructed a brief response. I found it amusing, but I decided to honor the Houdini post and exterminated the related text.

Personally, I've always pronounced it ar-see-us.

@ThanosReXXX Heh, I suppose they ARE an execution in a sense...for the offending pus pocket and its contents lol. We CAN blame the House of Horrors side gig, though I've harbored some interest in the macabre and "People actually did that back then?" before joining. The reason I liken it to the general idea of public executions (though the latter is CLEARLY worse) is the general idea of watching something so horrible, and yet it takes a ton of power to look away. It's an urge to see a crazy or horrible spectacle drawn to its conclusion. Probably not much different from rubbernecking, either.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

WoomyNNYes

I'm really looking forward to the sonic title, Sonic Bangers, rated M for mature. Sounds like it has everything I want.🤞🤞

see, the joke is, the new 2022 title is supposedly Sonic Rangers, but I changed the R to a B.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

@TheJGG In a sense, I figured it was all part of the show, but I still found the whistling humorous! XD Horii has always seemed like a decent fellow. I actually tuned out shortly after the Dragon Quest XII reveal and related banter, so it was actually a little past 11 PM/23:00 here (I'm on US/CA Central Time, currently in Daylight Savings). Really, that's about the usual time I go to bed, though I usually try (and often fail) to unplug before that time. I don't blame you for not staying up to watch the Horizon: Forbidden West footage; I would've done the same. Something like that is better watched when all hands are on deck in my brain. Waking up in the middle of the night would definitely NOT be an ideal scenario lol. There better be an emergency, a once-in-a-lifetime event, or a flight I need to leave for. Along with plenty of caffeine.

I'm admittedly not a big Sonic fan. I played my brother's copy of Sonic Advance 3 back in the day and found it somewhat entertaining. I've also played and beaten what's arguably the best game in the series, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, specifically the 3D version available on the 3DS eShop. It was fine, but my biggest complaint about the game, for a hedgehog all about speed, is that there are plenty of slow moments and enemy placements that are put there just to troll you. I don't dislike the games by any means, they've just never hooked me. Though I haven't played any of the 3D installments. I have heard a lot of decent things about Sonic Colors, so I'm glad that's getting remastered. I might try it if I can find it for cheap down the line. I really am happy for fans of the Blue Blur as it seems like a lot of great things are coming their way; I agree, Sonic's anniversary treatment is better than Mario's so far.

Thanks for the E3 fan registration reminder! I'll certainly look into it to see what it all entails.

Thanks for the kudos! I don't mind donating, though I make sure I'm healthy. It is also by appointment only at present. Most of my blood donations have went fine. There have been a couple of accidental mishaps, including a time where I went through the same ordeal as your sister, but I'll spare you the details. Suffice it to say that I'm more careful about which community service I use to donate the occasional pint. I've only ever had one negative reaction, and that was my own fault; several years ago, I wasn't nearly as good at staying hydrated. I was able to donate, but I experienced some dizziness...after leaving. I had the sense to pull off to the side of the road and wait for the vertigo to pass.

The stopping/starting you're going through would drive me nuts; there was plenty of that in my state over the last year. Heck, compared to some, some businesses still aren't operating at full capacity (legally anyway). If numbers keep trending downward as they currently are, and if a certain percentage of the state's population is fully vaccinated, we could be at full operating levels in about two weeks (June 11th). In all this craziness, I'm fortunate I was only furloughed for a couple of weeks. However...a selfish part of me wishes it had been for longer. It was nice to have plenty of gaming time, though I didn't get to enjoy my free time around then as much as I ought. Long story.

"Caught with their pants down"...an apt description of how Nintendo handled SM3DAS! I'm glad we got it at all as the games on offer range from decent to amazing. However...I won't deny that I think a little more effort could've been put into the full package. That debug cube business didn't help at all with some of the uneasy press the whole thing received, especially with how "limited" the release was. The reason I waited so long to track down XC 3D was because I didn't have a N3DS until late 2017; by then, the copies, even used ones, were vaporware in my area. Copies online were going for way higher than I wanted to pay for them. In retrospect, it was a blessing in disguise. A lot of unnecessary stress though.

No qualms with continuing to remaster your existing tracks, experimenting with new ones, and honing your skills along the way! All this FF talk is making me want to play [insert title Tyranexx should play but likely won't get to within the next month here]. I've gotta stop stockpiling all these long RPGs...but I want them...and I even try to be picky....

I'm pretty sure those segments were from House of Mouse; that was a Saturday morning staple of mine as a kid! We didn't have cable, so anything kid-related that wasn't on PBS had to be caught on some local networks on Saturdays. It was mandated by law; if I recall, they dropped that law a few years ago with how prevalent cable/satellite and streaming options have become. A lot of those Disney and WB cartoons I enjoyed in the 90s/early 2000s were well-written, in my biased opinion. Going back, I'm catching some things that slipped under the radar. HOW Animaniacs got some things through the censors....

Agreed on most points regarding Future Connected. I got through the whole thing in about 15 hours, though I did some of the extra quests and found all the Ponspectors. The music was the best thing, but yeah...the story outside of what I mentioned in the spoilers felt rushed towards the end with no true closure. Unless they intended it to be a not-quite-cliffhanger....As for Torna, I've pretty much resigned myself to downloading it at this point. 3 GB isn't bad at all, particularly in regards to how large many modern games can be. I feel spoiled by many Switch offerings in that regard. Some stiff competition towards the top of that list. At least I've played...two of those titles so far. XD

Stands in virtual picket line outside Nintendo's E3 booth in support of BotW 2's release

ogo79

WoomyNNYes wrote:

I guess @Tyranexx and @ogo79 saw my parody post in here around 10pm, skewering stereotypical, annoying newb posts. I was worried only I thought it was amusing, so I deleted it. I can't remember how it went now. Oh well. Ogo gets it

actually i didnt see yer post, i can be that way natuarally.
i used to make posts like that, whole threads even. congrats on yer deleted post!
it gets better when a mod locks a thread when yer usually the last poster. it will make you proud, trust me.
@ThanosReXXX
i never make mistakes, im perfect.
when people say no one is perfect
i tell them to stop being self centered and shallow and speak for themselves you cannot judge me
@Tyranexx hahaha

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic