Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,301 to 51,320 of 96,558

Monkeido

@Zuljaras Looks amazing to me! Great job and good luck (I think painting it would definitely help your chances even more)!

Monkeido

Haruki_NLI

@BruceCM Yes AMD 🤣

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Monkeido

@Zuljaras That's nice to hear, definitely interested in seeing it painted, so please share it with us! ^^

Monkeido

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah yes, good old MS Paint. I used that a lot when I was a kid in the Windows 95/98 days. I used to make those...cruddy Sonic comics from those sprite sheets when I was younger. I no longer have access to them, but I don't mind because I don't want to cringe while looking at what 10-year-old me made, lol. And yeah, I really started learning about the other programs Adobe made, though I'm more used to Photoshop.

Yeah, not sure if I would be able to stomach a full hole set either, lol. Not the biggest sports fan either, so we are kind of even. There's the occasional session of say, Mario Tennis (it's admittedly been a while since I played Mario Tennis Aces), but yeah platformers, adventure games, and RPGs are what I truly dig. My dad and a couple of my cousins are way more into sports than I'll ever be, that's for sure.

Sonic 06 does kinda fall into that category, yes - those glitches you can do are...quite ridiculous to say the least. Like, in Wave Ocean, you could fall through the water if you're at a certain angle while attempting to go through that first corkscrew. That's one instance of excellent game design!

@Zuljaras Looks awesome so far - great job!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

@Zuljaras You got good winning odds.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

Ok so today netflix said there trying to get into gaming, and you know what I hear every time a company that has nothing to do with games, want to get into gaming, "Hey were ready to make more many, I mean gamer's will eat any crap we give em" And this I hate, they don't really treat gamer's like people if you know what I mean? They act like we will just see any video game and were just all over it like a dog waiting for its next meal, hate it bc most of the company that are so called "Ready" to go into games, means there ready to get more money from rushed game's that take a year and a half.

And wile its true within time some of these company's can get better, (Like amazon and such and such) they don't really treat us like people in my opinion, And I know that's the case for a lot of company's, but even tho nintendo treats fan like crap alot of the time, they have been doing this for a long time, and sony shows how you can do movies and games, (Like netflix) but its just the way they said it, Look it just started writing this out of no were with no real thought, so its not well uh thought out LOL, I think i'm the only one who feels this way, and I kinda regret writing this now.....GTG!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Sunsy

@Snatcher Literally just read the article. Honestly, to me it feels like companies that never did games, just want a piece of the pie. Also, I don't associate something like Netflix with gaming. I'm looking at Amazon for example. I know they made Crucible, but I don't think games with Amazon, I think shopping. For me, it just hard to think "games" when it's a company known for something else.

Meanwhile, all I want is a Netflix app on Switch. I had it on Wii, 3DS, and still using my Wii U for it, that's stopping in late June. For now, it's just Hulu and YouTube (I have some digital movies on it thanks to the digital codes included with DVDs) on Switch. I don't have a smart TV in my bedroom, so I use my consoles to watch shows and movies.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher Yeah, I think the video game industry made more money that the movie industry last year. So, companies see $$$$. Maybe Netflix will give us the next Atari or Google Stadia đź‘Žđź‘Ž.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@Sunsy Ya If they really want to make money, just put netflix on the switch.

@WoomyNNYes I know and its a annoying.

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher @Sunsy I’m not liking the attitude of Netflix either when I read the NL article the other hour. They have never striked me as a company with legitimate passion, energy and creativity, more as a firm who outsource projects to other creators.

I can’t see developers jumping ship to Netflix especially if there’s nothing to be gained from being on Netflix itself. What could Netflix offer that Nintendo Switch and PlayStation can’t? The latter literally has Netflix, plus Disney+, which I think is doing better than Netflix...

Great, Netflix already has a huge amount of subscribers, but there is absolutely zero guarantee they like video games, or want to. With dedicated video game consoles this will never be a problem.

As @WoomyNNYes puts it they only see money. Video games have been exceptionally popular during Coronavirus, and no doubt this won’t change afterwords. They’d need tremendous third party support to offer even a fraction of what Nintendo and Sony have already. And even Stadia, with their “Octopath Traveller” and “Final Fantasy XV” games... couldn’t do it, and it was owned by a significantly bigger company.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@TheJGG Yes Thanks you! this is just how I feel.

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher You said it first, not me! Don’t worry about writing a paragraph, everyone here’s going to read it all the same!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@TheJGG It just takes a lot of time to write, and don't get me wrong I love writing, its just I have so much to say, and I had just woke up so maybe I can edit it or write more on it.

MarioVillager92

Yeah...there's like so many big-name companies that are seemingly just trying to get a slice of that video game pie. Google, Amazon, and now Netflix - it's crazy! Most gamers today already have Nintendo, PlayStation, Xbox, or PC and I can see them just sticking with those.

WoomyNNYes wrote:

Maybe Netflix will give us the next Atari or Google Stadia đź‘Žđź‘Ž.

@WoomyNNYes Yeah, probably the latter. Stadia was pretty much DOA...it pretty much made the Wii U look like a best-seller. At least that had the benefit of having some great Nintendo exclusives.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@Vortexeo I can sympathise with your reasoning, the story is not as investing as if I played it full time! I’m not sure if I’ve even used quickenings, most times boss fights go like this; speed up, hack and slash, maybe a manual potion here and there and job done.

I’m quite shocked as to how XII’s graphics are so good, they look so ahead of their time. Same with the presentation and general aesthetic, it feels so modern even though the initial game was released fifteen years ago. But X is much more engaging, despite of course the graphical inferiority, and barebones presentation. I love real time combat more than turn based, but I like X’s combat more than XII’s because it feels so complete, instead of just pushing a button and then just hacking away until you win.

The unskippable cutscenes bugged me a lot less than I thought they would! In future playthroughs I’d want it of course but now I’m just running through the story at the moment.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Vortexeo

@TheJGG Yeah that sounds about right lol. I found this strategy in FF12 that lets you auto level up to lvl 99 if you have the right gambits set. I never used it though because it doesn't seem that levels in this game are as important as they are in other games. I also absolutely agree with you on the graphics, I don't think I ever would've guessed they were from a PS2 game lol.

TheJGG wrote:

I like X’s combat more than XII’s because it feels so complete, instead of just pushing a button and then just hacking away until you win.

That's fair, I will admit I really liked messing around with the gambit system but I also think FFX has one of the best turn based systems I've seen. Plus I think the sphere grid was better compared to the license board.

Have you played FFVIII or FFIX? I was planning on playing all of the FF games available on switch and those are the only two I have left.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

BruceCM

If you use the gambits in FFXII, there's certainly some work involved setting them up.... & you can still swap between your party members to control them if you prefer

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic