Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,621 to 49,640 of 96,534

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras That's a REALLY nice game delivery you got there. I especially like that "must buy title"...
All kidding aside, I'm already looking forward to your initial impressions on Rise of the Argonauts. I do hope you like it, otherwise my recommendation skills will definitely need some re-evaluating...

@TheJGG Well thank you so ever f-ing much. That's 3,5 hours of my life that I'll never get back...

@Eel Wow, you'd need a serious mouth to be able to take a clean bite out of that sandwich...
As for not being familiar with salads with boiled egg as a main or important ingredient: it's actually pretty popular in many countries in Europe, such as Germany and over here in the Netherlands too. We even have egg salad, so it definitely isn't an Asian-only thing. Deviled eggs are popular over here as well. I can give you the recipe of the egg salad if you want. It's VERY good on toasted bread.

On a side note: "Japenese"?

@Anti-Matter I really like the game. But because I had also bought Luigi's Mansion 2 and I also wanted to try that out before going to sleep, I stopped playing Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers after the first bit where you save the truck and enter the city, but I intend to play a bit more this weekend, when I have enough time.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

Blame my phone for not correcting it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

About the size of the sandwich, it’s just both halves stacked together.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Ah, so the photo made it look bigger, then. Almost looked like a double-stacked whopper or quarter pounder...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I will also give feedback for the site. The site itself is bad in quality. Menus missing etc. Their CSS is not good for EDGE browser I guess.

But the game came in perfect quality and with perfect manual. I played for around 15 mins and it is just generic hack and slash for the moment. I expect to see some monsters in the future. I know nothing of the game past that point

But I eyed some Mega Drive games on the site Mortal Kombat 2 in particular. I just hope everything there is 100% genuine.

Tyranexx

Responses only folks. Currently almost off lunch, then I'm going on media blackout until I can watch the Direct on my own time.

@Heavyarms55 I've admittedly not looked much into emulation and haven't done much with it other than playing a few games via Project 64 on a friend's tablet one time and whatever arcade/MS-DOS offerings Internet Archive has available for their in-browser emulator that interest me; it's a bit of a gray area for me admittedly. I'm fine with it being used for retro games, especially when there's literally no other way to play a title. Unfortunately with more modern offerings, I find it less acceptable overall. I'm sure I have the know-how to use and even customize my own emulation software, but my actual gaming platforms keep me busy enough as it is. XD

I'm admittedly not fond of "Because Nintendo" sometimes either, but there's literally no other description I can think of for some situations.

I have no problem if people drink, as long as it's in moderation and they're safe/smart/responsible about it if they even risk becoming slightly inebriated. I was totally fine with the situation you described as you clearly didn't plan on going anywhere. It's just something I'm very careful about as the negative side of the bottle has affected a few people I deeply know and care about in different ways. In the situation I described, I was with someone I trusted and our hotel was only a short walk away. Though I admittedly didn't plan on becoming buzzed to begin with. 😅 But yeah, same as you. I'd never push someone to drink if they were uncomfortable.

Yep! I have a Discord. I'm only in a couple channels though. Same username as my Switch username actually.

@MarioLover92 I don't dislike snow - it's beautiful and fun to play in in moderation - but 3-4 inches is usually my limit lol. As a kid I wouldn't have cared (Yay no school!), but unfortunately I have to shovel it and drive in it. I did drive into work today; some of the roads were iffy, but I managed lol. Thankfully I have an attached garage, so I usually don't even bother with my sidewalk (or use my front door much at all).

Fingers crossed the 1Up Card works!

@TheJGG Heh, don't worry about me. I'll manage!

@ThanosReXXX I've been living with and breathing the Pokemon franchise since I was eight lol. How can I NOT make that connection?

Certified Pokemon nutter and proud of it! :+1:

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MPSSislit

Sorry for the very, very late replies. I've just been busy (again).

@Snatcher
Which part of my post are you talking about, the "I'm not dead" part? 🤔

@Tyranexx
Okay, that's good. Yeah, school is treating me well.

@ThanosReXXX
Oops, I guess I wasn't clear enough, sorry about that.

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Who the heck uses Edge? Firefox or bust...

And yeah, the site IS simple, but who cares? All I care about with web shops or real shops, for that matter, is if they have the goods and if they deliver and with decent results and warranty. That's all that matters.

As for Rise of the Argonauts: believe me, it is anything BUT a generic hack 'n slash. It's an action adventure RPG and as soon as you'll get to the part where you'll leave the island after having formed your team to sail towards your adventures, you'll find out. It's a wonderful and mythical story.

@Tyranexx Hm, well okay. You're excused. But only because you're a lady. I'm not that forgiving with men...

All kidding aside, that was just a bit of my grammar nazi shining through. Just ignore it next time...

@SM3DASislit And late to reply again indeed, so I once again haven't got a single clue what you're replying to. Please don't become another @ogo79: we've already got one of those, and at least he's funny, so we don't mind him (too much).

Zuljaras

So for me only Hades and Zelda Skyward Sword HD ... everything else was boring.

I hope this direct was better for you guys. For me it was bad.

LuigibrineTheGreat

Now that Direct was FLIPPIN' AWESOME!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

HotGoomba

THAT WAS PROBABLY WORTH THE 500 DAY WAIT HONESTLY. i mean i did not expect splatoon three at all.

AND MIITOPIA. MIITOPIA.

Among Us 3D, MH Rise, NMH 3, Ninja Gaiden 1 2 and Trash, Mario Golf, Tales of the Borderlands, a garbage DC game, Skyward Sword, this was perfect.

Edited on by HotGoomba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras Considering we haven't had one in so long I'm willing to accept the somewhat boring nature of the direct. Shows how much we took them for granted.

Skyward Sword HD for the win.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX

I'm glad to be of service

• Pyra, 2017

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

MIITOPIA IN HD....!!! 😃😃😃
Boy, i will cast myself as main Hero with my 9 Planetary Xaviors from Mercury to Pluto as my partners.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Here's my Discord Heavyarms55#1475 Throw me an invite. It will be much easier to coordinate raids! If @Eel has one too, it would work out super well. I was considering making a Discord server for Pokemon Go for this website and dropping in the forums, but I don't think they'd be cool with that.

@Tyranexx @Eel @Anti-Matter @ThanosReXXX
You watch the Direct yet?

I thought it was awesome! They trolled me so hard at the start. I thought we were getting new Xenoblade content and instead it's Smash. Far as I'm concerned Xenoblade is a far better series so Smash should be honored to host her, but I know the "I hate anything vaguely anime" crowd on this site is already losing their minds. I'll be curious how many people I trigger just by saying how much more I like Xenoblade than Smash. (Not that I hate Smash, I like it, it's a good party game. But it doesn't hold my interest that well beyond that.)

Then we got that new tactical RPG from Square Enix? Oh that has me pretty darn interested! It looks like Octopath Traveller meets Fire Emblem and I freaking LOVE that idea! And the different story paths? I super dig that! I hope they're real fleshed out to give loads of replayability!

Mario Golf might be the 3rd ever golf game I buy, after Golf Story and Golf with your Friends. It looks real fun! Like, it surprised me how fun it looked as I normally zone out when anything sports related comes on screen. But then we have the RPG elements and even it looks like some platforming? Very interesting!

I was hoping we'd get the other HD remasters of the LoZ titles we already got on Wii U too, but Skyward Sword looks like a lot of fun! I have wanted to play it since Chuggaconroy did an LP of it on YouTube a while back, but never got around to it.

And then the big one, Splatoon 3! I nearly started jumping up and down, I yelled so loud I'm surprised I didn't piss off the neighbors! It's just knowing that it's coming, but that's enough for now!

I thought this Nintendo Direct was honestly awesome! It's been a long time coming, but I really like the large variety of first and 3rd party games coming to the system. And so many genres, I feel like there must be something for almost everyone this time. But it's the internet in 2021, so I'm sure there will be a crowd of foaming at the mouth haters throwing fits because it wasn't exactly verbatim what they wanted.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Snatcher

So I can 100% crahs bandicoot but I can't beat dead cells oh hell no I'm beating that game.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sunsy

That Direct was the thing I needed after a not so great afternoon. Splatoon 3, also I'm kind of excited for the Plants vs. Zombies game, played one of the games with my nephew on his Xbox, and it was fun. Will say, while I'm not into DC Super Hero Girls (not into super heroes), I was kind of surprised to see Nintendo publishing it. I'd assume WB Games or something would publish that.

@TheJGG Getting dinner done before the direct failed, so it became what I watched during dinner tonight.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy Ok I'm going to say this, that plants vs zombie game is nothing like the first two GW games there going to feel janky waky and overall very buggy (This is the ps4 ver. btw) so the switch one is proabably

going to run like crap, also you don't even have to be good at the game anymore its whoever jumps and shoots the most wins, plus the game is dead, so dead they had to fill every game with bots I would find a

whole team of them, then ea cut the game off after less then a year bc it wasn't working the way they want it to, don't even get me started on the battle pass its the worst, oh and there is also micro transactions yaaaaaa. its a really bad game and I would stay away from it, this is coming from somewon

who played both part one and 2 though its whole lifespan (Btw Gw2 is doing better then this game) It was good at first, but once you start seeing all the stuff below its a very crappy game and this switch port is nothing but a cash crab.

sorry for this being so long LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I watched the Direct this morning but mostly i quickly quit from watching the Direct from Youtube Nintendo Switch when i sensed something rated 18+ things before even i saw further.
Only Miitopia HD and Mario items for ACNH got my attention.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Heavyarms55 I do have a discord account. I don't really use it much though! Mine is: abgarok#8174. I think I do have you added, as well.

The direct was ok, there were some interesting announcements, though not much that appealed to me personally, unfortunately. The Smash reveal did indeed caught me by surprise though, I didn't see it becoming that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic