Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 46,761 to 46,780 of 96,318

Tyranexx

[Insert generic "My week is busy with work + random stuff since I have a full weekend coming up, so less internet" excuse here]

@Eel Those still aren't bad odds, all things considered. Compared to how rare shinies usually are anyway. XD

@Heavyarms55 Awesome! Congrats! Both Xerneas and Necrozma are pretty cool Pokemon, but shiny Necrozma would be my pick of the two. I love what they did with Necrozma in Ultra Sun/Moon; that fight with Ultra Necrozma is genuinely difficult if one isn't prepared. Happy hunting on the rest of those 'Mon! It sounds fun and way less time-consuming compared to other methods...for legendaries anyway.

I have XC2 backlogged, but I have no clue when I'll get to it yet. I'm sure I'll love it since I also enjoyed both Xenoblade Chronicles: DE and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

@MarioLover92 From what I've heard, the MHA manga and the anime follow each other pretty closely, and the English dub is apparently decent as far as localization goes. Totally up to you if you want to read the manga and play spot the difference! I typically read through something (Well, within reason) before watching its counterpart if one exists. I did things backwards with Lord of the Rings, admittedly, but the movies are actually somewhat close to the books with a few changes.

I've skimmed a little of Fullmetal Alchemist, but I haven't read it in detail yet. What I did find looked pretty good!

Black Clover also sounds good, I'll have to give that a look as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I actually got good pulls today too! Sudowoodo and Morpeko! And my friend got Celesteela, that flying/steel ultra beast!

And did you get a shiny Spiritomb in Go? I thought that was you on my list.

One of the best parts of this mode over breeding is that it's actually fun to do itself. You have to work together. It can be done solo with AI teammates but Pokemon dumb as rocks allied AI often shows.

If you liked XC1 and Xeno X then I am sure you'll enjoy XC2 when you get there. And there's some ultra deep world building at the end of XC2 that ties 1 and 2 together. If you like that kind of thing, it's there. Also the DLC is very worth it, just FYI. It's effectively an entire self contain prequel, on top of all the additional content it adds to the main game.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Haha, more good luck! And Sudowoodo is one of the more striking shinies IMO. Maybe I'll do some casual shiny hunting of my own in Se/Sh when I finally pick up a copy of the game.

"Dumb as rock Ally AI" in Pokemon is 200% on target. Those times you're stuck battling with a "friend"....

Yep, I netted a shiny Spiritomb! It was pure dumb luck; one of the rewards for the A Spooky Message research running right now decided to throw me a bone with the Spiritomb reward. Definitely wasn't expecting it!

I like world-building, though I'm mildly surprised to learn there's a canonical link between XC1 and XC2; if I recall, the two were said to be completely separate experiences outside of some minor shared elements. A red herring, huh? And by DLC, are you referring to Torna? I want to pick that up too, though I've been told it's best to play through the base game first.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Dude this new dungeon hunting method is legit. I grabbed Flareon and Pangoro today! Although my friends didn't get any. If/when you play it, hit me up!

Congrats on the Tomb, it's a good one and real rare in PoGo!

So the canonical link is in the broadest sense. To say anything else about it to explain however would be monstrous spoilers. Storywise they are essentially stand alone experiences that can be played in any order, but if you play both you get more from each.

And by DLC I mean both Torna and the in game content. Torna is essentially a great JRPG in its own right. I wouldn't say you have to play the base game first, but playing Torna first will very much change how your first impressions of the base game would be.

But the base game DLC adds more Blades, quests, some optional story elements and a challenge mode with lots of cosmetic unlockables. Most notable being alternate outfits for the main cast. Oh, and a grab bag of goodies and money that give you a nice early game bump without breaking anything.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Anti-Matter

Yo, i'm back ! 😀
I'm 36 years old now since today is my birthday on 30 October. 😄🎂

I bought very rare PS2 game bundle from my local online shop 3 weeks ago, Para Para Paradise PS2. 😄
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It came with official Para Para controller for PS2 with USB output and the game inside.
Finally, i can play Para Para again at home after the Arcade machines have been removed from all game arcade on my hometown since June 2018. (So sad, Para Para Paradise was very popular back on year 2003 until 2010) 😔

Ever wonder how to play Para Para Paradise PS2 with that pink controller ?
Check these out.

@Heavyarms55
Yo, have you ever seen this PS2 game back on Japan ?
Para Para Paradise was one of my Best Konami game on PS2 along with DDR, Drummania, Beatmania IIDX & Pop'n Music.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Vinny

How rare is a white fat model PS2? I've seen the white slim one on the local retrogaming store some years ago and it was more expensive than a regular one.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

@Vinny
Oh, my PS2 Fat USA was a Black color by default before i asked the game shop repairman to swap the body shell with White color from PS2 Fat Japan machine since i don't like Black color for video game machines.

Anti-Matter

Vinny

@Anti-Matter Oh, I see. That's cool! Is your fat model kind of noisy too?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter welcome back. Hope all is well

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I haven't seen it that I recall, but it's also not the kind of thing I would look for. Some of the stores I visited had so much stuff it was impossible to see it all in even several visits.

Anyway happy birthday.

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Welcome back, and happy birthday Hope you're doing well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Sweet, more shiny luck? I think I will be hitting you up for some Sw/Sh co-op!...When I do get around to picking up one of the two, and if you haven't moved on by then lol. I'm a big behind on the Pokemon games; my last game in the series was Ultra Sun during summer 2019.

Thanks! I'm quite happy with the Spiritomb. Not gonna lie, I had to do a double-take when it appeared.

Yeah, I'm happy to let that connection between both XCs lie until I discover it on my own. I like as few spoilers as possible, at least with Easter eggs and story elements. Not that the internet makes that easy for most games.

Ah, so Torna is only part of the DLC puzzle. Is the rest of it free? I'm all there if it's free - I can't argue against more useful content in a good game - but will have to think about it if it isn't. I'm not against paid DLC, but it's something I really need to want before I buy.

@Anti-Matter Long time no see! Welcome back, and happy birthday tomorrow/today! (It's still 29th October here)

Tyranexx

I...have actually never seen Hocus Pocus. I've heard it's a decent movie, just haven't gotten around to it.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Shiny luck? SHINY LUCK?! Today I broke the game! I got, Boldore, Cherrim, another Sudowoodo, Sneasel, Malamar and freaking Lugia! and my friends got nothing! Maybe you don't want to raid with me, I think I somehow stole their luck!

Like, I am happy, but I want them to be happy too...

And for Xenoblade the DLC is a package deal, it's all or nothing as far as I know. I could be wrong, or they could have since changed it but I think that's how it works.

Eel

I haven't seen any shinies yet.

I have Zygarde saved for adventures, in case anyone wants to try that raid.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

Just curious because i never knew this.
I heard most peoples hate TikTok for ruining everything.
I heard it was something like online app made in China.
How bad the impact TikTok for ruining everything ?

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic