Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 46,741 to 46,760 of 96,323

TheFrenchiestFry

They abandoned Saturn really quickly

They had a 3D Sonic game in development unrelated to Xtreme for it but it got quickly cancelled and concepts from it were directly implemented into Sonic Adventure. It was actually going to be an RPG game

One of the remaining assets from the RPG game was actually Sonic's 3D character model they ended up using for the Sonic World hub in Sonic Jam

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

kkslider5552000

Yeah, but its still bizarre. There were at least a handful of games released on a disc for Wii U in its last 10 months before Switch, let alone any downloadable games. Saturn literally put out nothing, from no one at all. Like you kinda need to still have games, if only to keep your brand's name out there in some form until a real success happens.

But to be fair, this is the same company that thought releasing the Saturn with no warning would be smart business in the first place.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheFrenchiestFry

@kkslider5552000 All it took to instantly decimate the Saturn was a Sony PR guy walking onto a stage, saying $299 and walking off lmao

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Lindhardt

I mean, I bet if Sega didn't ruin the launch in the US it would have sold better. A lot of retailers refused to carry it when it was announced it was selling early, so while $299 didn't help, I'm sure it would have sold better if Sega wasn't Sega

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

Vinny

I can't believe Razer is selling official car ears for their headsets. We truly live in a society.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

Another week down. Thank goodness. Internet rounds now, then a nice shower, some manga, and some Untitled Goose Game.

@Heavyarms55 Ah, that's right. I forgot about the Shiny Charm! I've heard of the Masuda Method, but never have used it.

@Eel Good idea on those Wonder Trades. That's better than just transferring my extra Cday shinies in PoGo.

I used to mess around with the Emerald cloning glitch and trade away my copies until it went horribly wrong. I lost a Lv. 70 Groudon to it.

@TheFrenchiestFry I've been dying to ask...Are you REALLY the Frenchiest?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yeah I've always enjoyed animation too. As I've previously mentioned, as a kid I watched a lot of Disney movies, as well as stuff like Cartoon Network shows. I've watched quite a bit of anime, too. The most recent anime that I have watched were My Hero Academia and Black Clover - I was on vacation last year and one of my cousins introduced me to MHA, and we watched most of the first season throughout. I've seen the first four seasons so far and I've enjoyed what I've seen.

And yeah, you're totally right - animation isn't exclusively for children. South Park pretty much proves it. XD

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BruceCM

Vinny wrote:

I can't believe Razer is selling official car ears for their headsets. We truly live in a society.

Cat ears, right? I'd have to say some of the headsets with those do look really good, though! Not going to bother buying any myself

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

Ah cool, I finally received my code for Colors! Live on the switch.

Got started with the "quest" game mode. Since that seems like a nice way to get started. Though it's limited to one thing a day.

The first prompt for the quest is drawing the mcguffin the quest is for.

This is the part where I remember I can't actually draw.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blooper987

I just found the original Game boy and SNES player’s guides at half price books!!! I’m so happy😁

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

MarioVillager92

@Blooper987 Oh that's awesome - like around last year or so I found the Super Game Boy player's guide at my retro game store. I remember reading it as a kid - believe it or not, that's when I first heard about Game Boy games. lol

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

Ah cool, I finally received my code for Colors! Live on the switch.

I forgot there was a Colors! game on the Switch TBH. I've never played the series, but I've heard it's decent overall.

@MarioLover92 I also like anime, though I haven't watched much of it recently. I need to watch the MHA anime fully; I've only seen a few clips online. I am gradually working my way through the manga series. I'm on volume 9 (guessing this is in an earlier season) and have just gotten to the League of Villains Vanguard Action Squad's attack on the training camp. I also picked up a collection of the first three volumes of Fullmetal Alchemist.

As for Black Clover, I've heard of it but admittedly don't know much about it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Heavyarms55

Well it was just a DLC weekend for me. The Pokemon DLC was a lot of fun. I really like the new dungeon shiny hunting mechanism. The new legendary mons are quite cool too. I've already built a new team for VGC's new format on November 1st.

Also, I've been replying Xenoblade Chronicles 2. When I first played it, most of the DLC wasn't out yet so it's like a mix of new and revisited content for me. I just did the Poppibuster quest, which was freaking cool. Poppibuster has got to be a Hulkbuster reference. And if it's not, that's my headcanon. The English voice even sounds like Jarvis!

@Tyranexx I don't know how I missed your reply, sorry about that. Masuda method is the most straightforward method to hunt shinys and the one constant method that has remained in the series since its introduction in gen 3.

But the DLC that just dropped gave us a new method that's really cool. People have been having a lot of success with it. You get really good 1 in 25 odds, but you can't hunt a specific mon aside from the legendary at the end.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

Ugh. Between the weather and work, today was one of the Mondayist Mondays that ever Monday'd. Busy, wet, and dreary. I'm mentally shot. The only plus side is that this year's A Spooky Message research in PoGo decided to toss me a shiny Spiritomb.

@Heavyarms55 No prob, figured you were busy with RL. Heaven forbid that we have lives off the internet.

Looks like you've been having a lot of fun with the Crown Tundra DLC! I noticed you've been putting some hours into Shield (and XC2). I still don't have a copy of Sw/Sh, but I do plan to get the DLC. I may be in the minority, but I'm glad those Sw/Sh base game + DLC packs are coming out; I like having everything in one place if possible.

1/25 Shiny odds on the legendary at the end, huh? Have you had any luck?

WoomyNNYes

I am watching Crown for Christmas on hallmark channel 🤪🤪🤪. Let the shaming begin! This movie is a good one, but anyone else in the US knows Hallmark Channel movies are all creepily similar looking

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@Tyranexx each individual Pokemon has a one in 100 chance of being shiny, given how you can catch four Pokemon in each adventure, in the end there's a one in 25 chance that one of them will be shiny.

Of course that's with the shiny charm. Without it, it's one in 300 per mon.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ogo79

@WoomyNNYes
i could have sworn i just responded back to something he said to me...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yes! Actually just went hunting with my friend and he got a shiny xerneas and I got Necrozma! And we confirmed shinys are rolled separately, so even though the while group gets access to the same mons, the shiny odds are rolled for each of us individually.

The way it works is 1 in 100 (with the shiny charm) overall, catch 4 mons each time (in a successful run, and it is modestly hard, some legendary mons have super powerful AOE moves, or you just end up with a team that matches up poorly) so 1 in 100 each mon.

It makes it hard to hunt specific non legendary mons, but we can save the "location" of a legendary we have already encountered to try again. You can only catch each legendary once, so don't take them if you want to hunt them.

Since I have all the old mons in Home, I am not taking any non shinys. Lol.

And yes, been playing through XC2 a good bit. It's been a couple years since my first run and now I have the DLC, most of which wasn't out before.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

These dynamax adventures with rental Pokemon are honestly such a good use of the raid mechanic, they're actually fun to play, with a little bit of strategy and a healthy amount of luck.

And best of all: no shields to pad the battles.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yeah same here - been busy with real life...oh and AC:NH. I never read the MHA manga, only saw the anime. Might get to that at some point - I didn't read too much manga myself. And that's cool, I really need to get back to Fullmetal Alchemist, lol

Black Clover is pretty good, it's somewhat similar to MHA but with wizards, sorcery, and all that fun stuff. I don't want to go too plot heavy, of course. If you enjoyed from what you've seen from MHA, you'll probably like BC too.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic