Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 46,661 to 46,680 of 96,538

Eel

Anti apparently requested it personally. Bans and account deletions are completely free, if anyone is interested!

Hm. Hopefully Thanos is alright then. With some luck he’s just super busy and focused.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Eel You're doing it wrong. Hideki Kamiya pockets mad money from bans! Get your Kickstarter on!

Huh, requesting to be banned... That's a new way to do things that never would have occurred to me..... Or anybody. Can't quite figure out the logic in that, but ookaay... It works for Kickstarter backers...

NEStalgia

Lindhardt

@Tyranexx If you are interested in more in-depth "behind the scenes" reports I recommend following Jason Schreier on twitter and Bloomberg news. I also use Kotaku and Gamespot.

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

Tyranexx

I've been wondering about Thanos as well, but just assumed the poor guy was busy. As mentioned by others, it seems like his new job is eating up a lot of free time.

@Heavyarms55 I just now realized my phone autocorrected Axew to Acre up there. XD I had to fight it even now. Sounds like you're definitely good on Milotic. It's one of my favorites too, but all these Feebas...very annoying.

@WoomyNNYes Depending on how long the videos are, I'll give them a look! I'd notice the NVC headlines on IGN occasionally but usually didn't want to donate the time to dig into it. Thanks!

@Lindhardt I'll look into some of those, thanks for the suggestions! I used to occasionally read Kotaku, but I kind of fell off of visiting there other than the occasional archived piece I come across; most of the newer authors and articles don't really interest me. I have been considering GameSpot as well.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yeah my phone auto corrects Pokemon names into random stuff all the time too.

And I feel like 10km eggs shouldn't even be weighted. They are already the rarest egg to begin with.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Toy_Link

@BeanGuy
I like the BeanBean kingdom in M&L Superstar Saga too.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

kkslider5552000

I randomly just realized that I own 3 copies of Metroid 1, all of which were in one way or another given to me for free (and the only reason its not 4 is because I'm not super interested in the NES part of NSO, so I've never downloaded that). It's a free bonus in Metroid Prime, Metroid: Zero Mission and...for buying a 3DS early enough.

Which honestly is the best use of Metroid 1. It's not good enough to buy really, but there's enough reason to give it away to people who are already Metroid/Nintendo fans.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

That's less objectively true than you might think. You could argue I own every free game on Steam by that logic. It is the logical way to look at not getting free downloads or the like, in the same way you would not own a gift you don't take IRL.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tyranexx

I downloaded the original Metroid on the 3DS VC some time ago, though I don't recall if I paid anything for it. Metroid II: Return of Samus on the VC is what got me into the series; it was a free download I nabbed via Club Nintendo back when it existed.

@Heavyarms55 My phone's dictionary has a few Pokemon names memorized by this point, but it would take ages to add all the names to it. XD

10k eggs are definitely the rarest...or were for me, until this event. I normally don't battle the Go Rocket admins since I don't want to invest the time to craft specific counters to their teams. I have some decent attackers, but mostly of the slow variety.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Overall I'm just not a big fan of how they put the Rockets into the game. If it had been me, I'd have made them a pseudo 4th team, AI controlled. They'd attack and take over any gym that remains under one team for more than 24 hours and give different rewards when you beat those gyms.

My favorite parts of Go are simply shiny hunting and raid battles. It's honestly super fun teaming up with a big group of people to fight a legendary. I had so much fun walking around Osaka and Kyoto doing raids while I lived in Japan and pre-COVID. Remote raids aren't bad if you can get enough people online to join. Speaking of which, have I added you? We should totally be PoGo friends!

What do you think of megas in the game? I'm not a fan. It takes so much effort to get the energy and then it's a temp thing. Just not worth it. I'd prefer they were unlockable, get enough energy then make the stone and then you can Mega once per battle.

Also, I added you on Switch, I just realized I hadn't done that.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Snatcher

Sometimes I feel like i'm the only gamer with bad anxity Idk every other gamer I see just seem to have a marry go happy day go play a game for hours at a time, it just sucks for me, look this is a thing i'm just dealing with so if you guys want me to delet it I will.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Team Go Rocket could definitely use some work. I loved the initial surge when they took over various stops and have managed to clobber Sierra, but past that I only tangle with them every now and again for the medals. I have some Special Research I need to finish related to them, but my last Cliff and Arlo encounters didn't go too well. I do like your gym takeover idea; that could make things more interesting and would give me more incentive to actually care that they're in the game at this point.

Interesting, my favorite parts of Go are also the raids and shiny hunting! Around here though, the local group uses Discord to coordinate large raids, typically during raid hour. Sometimes there are enough people just playing around during the summer to where this isn't needed, but during the rest of the year some type of organization is needed. I've never been one for PVP in most games; Pokemon Go hasn't changed my mind. I mainly battle just to clear research.

We should definitely be friends in PoGo! I'm gonna head out shortly and participate in Community Day, so I'll be sure to note my friend code. I've ramped down my playing a bit and occasionally skip a day now, but I do send gifts on days I do play. With Niantic's Pokestop gift nerfs, that's gotten harder....

I'm not a fan of how Megas have been implemented in the game. The only one I've obtained is Mega Beedrill thanks to a round of research awhile back. It's hard to spin up a raid for them around here since there really isn't much incentive for them vs. legendary raids. I realize they can't be permanent, but I wish they would 1. Last longer and 2. Be a less of a pain to get. Maybe reward some different Mega Stones through research like with Beedrill?

Thanks for letting me know you added me on Switch; it helps to know when I'm getting requests so that I know who or what name to look for. XD I haven't been on my Switch since Thursday but do plan on driving into Odyssey later.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yeah I never play the PVP in Go either aside from when I need to for research. It's just not fun. I do play competitive in SW/SH but in general most online vs games only hold my interest for a fairly short time. Aside from Pokemon, Splatoon is the only series that I put a few tens of hours into. But that faded as well once new maps and weapons stopped coming.

Yeah, on Switch my username is "Em" and my Pokemon Go friend code is in my signature here. I'm not gonna bother with this community day much, just because I did the first charmander community day several years ago and still have several shiny charizard from it. I don't mind repeats, but I hope they only do repeat days no more than every other month. I totally missed several that I'd like another shot at. Most namely of the top of my head were the Mudkip and totodile days.

Happy hunting!

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 There are a few Pokemon Go players here that are heavily invested in PVP. They even try to run a monthly tournament. How successful it is relies on the time of year and the schedules of the usual participants.

I missed the original Charmander C-day but did a lucky trade for one awhile back, so the Shiny Charizard I already have is decent. I participated for the last 90 minutes today and had no luck at all until the last half hour. I ended up with four, though none of their stats are great lol. This C-day was voted for and likely placed second (last month's was the winner) because the community knew Megas were coming but didn't have all the details yet. Charmander is and has always been pretty popular too.

Pokemon Go friend request sent! I'm known as SilentNocturne. I tried using the same username as here, but it was taken.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Ah, at least you got a few at the end. I didn't know it was a vote, I must have missed that.

I added ya. I tend to be Heavyarms55 or Heavyarms55zx everywhere. Can't on Switch though, it's too long. So I use my usual IGN, Em.

Eel

I also managed to catch four new shiny charmanders yesterday. And yes these extra missions were great for mega evolving charizard.

I already have a shiny charizard I caught with full odds last year, that one also has better stats than the ones I caught yesterday. But with these I will now have the entire shiny family, one for my brother (who wasn't able to find any because we are traveling and he's driving), and one for Let's Go.

So that's great.

You may get a friend request from me as well. Once I have better connection. @Heavyarms55

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

Snatcher wrote:

Sometimes I feel like i'm the only gamer with bad anxity Idk every other gamer I see just seem to have a marry go happy day go play a game for hours at a time, it just sucks for me, look this is a thing i'm just dealing with so if you guys want me to delet it I will.

@Snatcher I'm sure people have stressors here, they just don't mention it. Edit: stressors=things that generate anxiety. Some even have anxiety issues.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic