Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,621 to 45,640 of 96,503

Zuljaras

@Wavey84 Physical is for collectors and for people that want to be able to sell their games after that.

I love tangible things and I do not care about convenience since I do not switch often between games on one console.

The digital vs Physical debate I witness from time to time is pointless since we can have both. And one is not harming the other.

ThanosReXXX

Damn, I want to reply/react to SO many people right now, but making combined posts to multiple people on a smart phone is a real pain in the you-know-what, so I'll have to restrain myself until I leave the office and can abuse my own PC again...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ogo79

well well well, if it isnt the nl after hour goons chatting amongst themselves.
yall in here around breakfast time.
i dont see any breakfast up in here.
Untitled
oh right...
@ThanosReXXX
good job on the waffles master chef.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 I don't make or eat waffles, so you must have me confused with someone who cares...

Now THAT is a BURRRRRNNNNN!!!!!

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

This was my breakfast in the morning.
Untitled
Interested with green chili fried noodle anybody ?

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Heavyarms55 Interesting. Everyone manages their own garden here. The average garden plot is probably a lot smaller over here, because houses always look enormous in the US, but still. Only the rich have a gardener to manage their garden. Maybe if you're incredibly lazy. But generally it's not expected to have someone else take care of your garden.

Octane

porto

@ThanosReXXX I can't stand waffles either. I don't know why, it just seems like I'm eating fluffy plastic with syrup. I'm much more of a pancake guy

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

I found my old photo when i was 6 years old.
Untitled

It was me attending my uncle's wedding party on April 1991 if i remembered.

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

My breakfast was this.

Untitled

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BabyYoda71

@Apportal I used to hate waffles and pancakes. Now I love Waffles, but as still hate pancakes.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BruceCM

What, the box, @BabyYoshi12 .... ? I take it you mean the contents?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

porto

@BabyYoshi12 I still eat that cereal. My guilty pleasure I remember as a wee lad I’d lay in bed with cinnamon puff on my chest, hands stuffed deep in the cereal bag, watching cartoons or something. I was a bum.

Oh who am I kidding, I still am.

Edited on by porto

porto

porto

I went to visit Niagara Falls a couple years back, and stopped at a little something called “Blue Line Diner” for breakfast. Their pancakes felt like they were home-made from heaven. So huge and fluffy. My mouths watering just thinking bout it.

If I had the time, I’d go visit Niagara for the sole purpose of eating those pancakes. I’m not sure if I’m joking or not

Edited on by porto

porto

Eel

@Octane you’re forgetting you live in Europe and he lives in the United States, near the border. You don’t need to be super rich to get a maid or a gardener there. 😉

And yes, people usually have large plots of land in Arizona, they might as well be small farms. Not all people do of course, but it’s common enough.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@Eel @Octane Funny you're talking about farms. Yesterday, a friend showed us around a historical nature conservancy farm she works at in Delaware(US). The wild thing is, when she started working there around 2005, they found a few jellyfish living in the pond. It sounded like fantastic lie. But apparently fresh water jellyfish are real. https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2012/08/31/freshwater-jel...

The farm sits on really big rolling hills, has a driveway lined with giant picturesque oak trees. She showed us how they grow & manage tomatoes with caterpillar tunnels (the tunnels allow them to control the watering, to prevent too much rain from splitting the tomatoes)(just a random photo of a caterpillar tunnel, didnt' take this photo)
Untitled

They had like 35 baby turkeys (look like little baby dinosaurs, and make cool whistle-like-chirps when they get excited), a few friendly cows, and a few really friendly goats. The goats like the petting 🤪. This was "Enzo" yesterday hanging out in the shade (HD video). (forgive the wind noise, on a humid 92 degree day, 15mph breeze was very welcome.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

Yeah I've heard of fresh water jellyfish, from what I hear, they're relatively harmless compared to their better known sea-relatives.

Didn't know they existed in the US though so that's interesting.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Octane Here it's the lawn services - they are everywhere - they go from customer to customer with a 4x4 pickup and a large black flat trailer with 1-3 huge riding tractor mowers with MASSIVE engines, about 5 gas trimmers racked on the walls, and multiple incredibly powerful leaf blowers (and one on wheels with a mega motor in fall). And generally a crew of 2-5....err....Spanish speaking occupants...... (@Eel GET-O BACK-AY int the KITCHEN-O! ) are crammed in, get out, and rev up the equipment with one or two massively loud tractor mowers rolling through at high speed, while at least 2 guys run the trimmers at high power trim all the edges and around objects, and then they follow up with at least two of the mega powerful blowers clean it all up. They're in and out in 30 minutes or less, with the sound level of an international airport departure runway and leave a meticulous finish with every blade of grass at an exact height and not a single speck of debris on a paved surface due to twin blowers generating category 5 hurricane strength winds.

In fall for leaf cleanup they're there for 4 hours with those mega wheel mounted blowers, and 3 of the hand/backpack blowers and a truck-mounted leaf/tree shredder with the sound level of putting your head INSIDE a GE jet turbine engine.

That's the maintenance. For the "gardening" everyone hires a company that terraforms ACNH style. First comes the flatbed that unchains a backhoe. Then is the 3 days of "BEEEP BEEEEP BEEP....GRRUUURRR....BEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP....GRUUUUUUUURRRRR KATHUUUNK BOOM......BEEEP BEEEP BEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP BEEEP...BOOM...KATHUNK...."HEEEEY! HEEEEEY!" HONK HOOOOONK "YEA!!!! THERE!!!" BEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEP" All day long....for several days while they trench out and dig garden beds and refresh the soil by delviering all new soil, then plant the beds in perfectly manicured designs.

That doesn't include fertilizer time and such where people just get a company to spray some kind of chemical that's known in the state of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm, which is probably why all the contractors have the intelligence level and personality of protoumans, out of a mini tanker truck all over the lawn. That's mostly the rich folk who care enough to do that though.

And we won't even talk about the tree services....Once upon a time, they'd climb a tree and cut it down. Now they roll a 12 wheel bucket truck into the yard to work on the tree, use a front loader (BEEEP BEEEP BEEP) for 20 hours to pick up the wood and haul it to the street, and the massive truck mounted shredder to crush up the tree, for hours on end.......and use a full sized construction crane to just hoist the whole tree over the house if needed and cut it up at street level. It's become a bizzarre place in the last decade.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic