Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,641 to 45,660 of 96,483

BruceCM

You're auditioning to do sound effects for films, @NEStalgia .... ?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia It reads like your hearing aids are just tuned far too high. There's a lawn company some of my neighbors use that aren't nearly as loud as what you describe.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer There are quieter ones (to a degree) but most of the ones around service residential and commercial, so it's the same equipment for both.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia So are our companies. I'm in the rural southeast. Lots of foliage, nothing delicate.
I stand by my statement.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 That's fine. Usually most Pixar movies are great too, I count them since they're all Disney as well. Toy Story's a classic. I would say Sonic was lucky timing for a theater trip, a friend and I went to see that. My friend and I had originally planned to see Trolls World Tour in a theater, but couldn't because of the pandemic. Hence why I rented it. Seeing Sonic was good timing, especially since I rarely go to the theaters.

Cool, for me, it was the Adventures of Sonic cartoon series. Use to watch it everyday before school.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

Lawn companies are common around here. I have an uncle who runs one. They're kept very busy in all seasons barring winter since they also handle some tree trimming and landscaping. I personally couldn't do that all day. Besides not wanting to smell like grass and exhaust, I have reactions to some woodland plants and also sneeze from about any sort of particles in the air. Dust, pollen, small bits of plants...ugh.

@NintendoByNature I'm hoping to wrap up TW101 this evening. Decent ride so far, even with the at times irritating controls lol. The game feels like it's a mix of different genres. Action, on-rails shooter, some light puzzle elements, boxing....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx finished a couple nights ago. The ending drags, honestly. Had a great time otherwise. I will say if you remotely like it, please give bayo and Astral chain a shot. They're twice the games as tw101.

NintendoByNature

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah absolutely - the Sonic movie came out before COVID really started to strike. It's too bad that the pandemic pretty much caused many stores/events to be closed/cancelled, including E3. It's a really difficult time, for sure, so that's good you got to rent that movie.

Didn't watch Adventures of Sonic as a kid. I did see some episodes of SatAM and Underground back then, as well as a lot of episodes of Sonic X. I looked forward to every Saturday to watch it when I was young - after all, I just started to get into Sonic when that show came out. I even had one episode taped while I was playing soccer. I also really liked Sonic OVA, that was that old Sonic anime movie. Wasn't the best film ever or anything, but it was still a fun watch.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 I don't make or eat waffles, so you must have me confused with someone who cares...

Now THAT is a BURRRRRNNNNN!!!!!

i would pretend not to care myself if i burned waffles

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@WoomyNNYes
wow i looked up freshwater jellyfish. its a thing. i never knew that. i live 11 minutes away from an island and i never knew that. always seen em in saltwater.
that and portuguese man o war.
Untitled
its awesome when you get stung by one of these btw.
like really awesome.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

porto

@ogo79 thing looks straight out of Subnautica.

speaking of Subnautica, anyone excited for it's arrival on switch? I was really shocked, and can't wait to try it and it's sequel out soon. Anyone have any thought on it?

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Apportal
I am not really sold on Subnautica but i really like the Scuba diving on Go Vacation Switch.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Kinda wondered when I saw/read that you had moved on to Mario + Rabbids lol. Just wrapped up 009-B, C is next after a short break.

Still not sure on Bayonetta, but Astral Chain has been on my wish list since it was announced. 😁 I think that game will be more my speed.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

Apportal wrote:

@ogo79 thing looks straight out of Subnautica.

speaking of Subnautica, anyone excited for it's arrival on switch? I was really shocked, and can't wait to try it and it's sequel out soon. Anyone have any thought on it?

i didnt really know much of this game, i just looked it up. must investigate further now.
why were you shocked its coming to switch? i just found that out now too, didnt know it had a sequel either. im subnautica-less
@Anti-Matter
pretty much

the_shpydar wrote:

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, it's been a pretty difficult year because of it.

That's cool, I use to watch SatAM on TV, amazingly I never saw Underground until I got a DVD that had an episode on it. I think I started watching Sonic X again last year. Saw a few episodes of that in the past, but never did.

The Sonic OVA? Wow, I not only remember it, but I still have the old VHS tape of it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

porto

@ogo79 My friend has it on PS4 I believe. I'm not used to those consoles, and I definitely wasn't going to buy a console for the sole purpose of one game. However, he said it's really atmospheric and original, so I might give it a shot.

A lot of youtubers made videos on it a while back. It was one of the games that was pretty popular for a while, then slowly died out. From what I've seen, it looks right up my alley.

@Anti-Matter ah, good old 2018. No virus. No quarantine. Just me and Go Vacation.

I played that darned thing out of its misery. I remembered every treasure chest by heart, constantly changing outfits, upgrading my house. I remember diving fairly often too. I couldn't handle the controls though

Gosh, I'm being flooded with a huge wave of nostalgia now. Hang on a sec.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx fair enough. Don't sleep on bayo tho. And you're right at the end. Let me know if you feel the same way about the ending dragging or if I'm just being silly lol

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic